No announcement yet.

NCAA Tournament - Wichita State vs. Vanderbilt Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I bag on Lutz, "I wouldn't pick him for the Y" referring to the Vandy big man was a great line!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
      From the Illinois State board:
      "Re: Shockers vs. Vanderbilt

Postby ISUBirds89 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:54 pm
      Stickboy46 wrote:
      ISUBirds89 wrote:Classless move by Van Vleet after that last shot.
      Yea.. I agree it was a little much even as a Shocker fan. I grimaced. Though guy is playing his last college games, he's gonna do what he's gonna do.
      Little much up 20. Especially from FVV."

The guy just extended his college career after a great performance - give him a break.
      I don't even agree with the idea that the score makes it less classy. A winner doesn't screw around celebrating when you are up by one point in the NCAA tournament. He was locked in all night because he was focused on winning and taking it very seriously. At the first moment when a big shot coincided with a pretty clear feeling that the game was in hand and not requiring that same focus, he switched to a more celebratory mode and started having FUN with his teammates. I don't mind that at all. This isn't a regular season MVC game against a lesser opponent who has only a prayer of a shot against WSU. This is a team the entire country thought would be right on our level and it's for all the marbles. I suppose redbird fans want us to act more like their super classy team? I could go all night on that topic... Maybe they'd be a little less interested in our game if they had a post season game themselves...

Comment

Stickboy46 wrote:
        Yea.. I agree it was a little much even as a Shocker fan. I grimaced. Though guy is playing his last college games, he's gonna do what he's gonna do.

The guy just extended his college career after a great performance - give him a break.
        A little fun with his teammates with 10 seconds left in a 20 point game. Yeah that was awful. A lot worse than the throat slash, eff bomb tirade directed at another team and fans before a game, for instance.

Hey Muller, nice scout. Did you tell Stallings to get that big T late? Genius.

Comment

• Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN · 12h12 hours ago

If the refs jeep their current pace up, the only ones left will be the Shocker and Vanderbilt coaching staffs.

Comment

• Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN · 10h10 hours ago

Shockers were absolutely the better team tonight, but that game was an example of how big stage can impact the work of refs, too. Not good.

Comment

Stickboy46 wrote:

Says the fan of a team whose players slide across opposing teams' logos after a win. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What a jealous, insecure loser. Typical of that lowlife fanbase. Enjoy the postseason Redturds, another postseason of watching the big boys on tv, bankrolling your worthless basketball program.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Stallings

Comment

• Father and son?

Comment

• I feel so good for Anton Grady. Made the NCAA tourney. Played in a game near his home. Played well. Won an NCAA tourney game. He was SO giddy. Giddy. It's great for him, but also this team needs a little of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN · 12h12 hours ago

If the refs jeep their current pace up, the only ones left will be the Shocker and Vanderbilt coaching staffs.
                      Hahaha....and the Vandy coach was half way to fouling out by the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                        Can't sleep. Work is going to be tough tomorrow. But I will be there with a big smile.
                        I can relate...ShockRef and I were at the game and didn't get home until after 12:30 a.m. Had to be up bright and early this morning to be at work but it was so worth it! Great game, awesome Shocker fan turnout (we only had a 30 minute commute but kudos to the fans that drove 11+ hours!!), well worth losing sleep over :) BTW, here are a few pics I took at the game last night. Ron's parents as well as Evan's parents and some of Fred's family were just over from us so I snapped a picture of Ron's mom. I just had to thank her after the game for sharing her son with ShockerNation.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Anywhere I can watch a replay?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            @darrenrovell: Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall got $36,000 for making the play-in game & will get another $36,000 for Arizona on Thursday
                            Extra game makes up for , sort of (financially, not at all recognition wise), being screwed out of MVC COY.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Don't know if this has been mentioned . . .

Laughed my butt off in the TV post game when Fred was asked about stitches in his eye and he said "Oh,no - I don't do needles!"
                              Dude - did they draw those tats on with a Sharpie? There are at least 4 hours of needle work in that sleeve. Cracked me up.
                              I noted the same. Maybe it was licked on by kittens?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Says the fan of a team whose players slide across opposing teams' logos after a win. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

What a jealous, insecure loser. Typical of that lowlife fanbase. Enjoy the postseason Redturds, another postseason of watching the big boys on tv, bankrolling your worthless basketball program.
                                Fred was doing this with his teammates, not in center court to the opposition nor the people in the audience.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X