Ab-Normal Dementia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Zero SCHOLARSHIP seniors ... Just to clarify. JRS and Zach Bush will be seniors :)
    Thank you for catching that. I actually meant to say "scholarship" seniors and intended no disrespect to JRS and Zach.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Maybe. Maybe not. My guess that losing Fred, Ron, Evan and Anton will cause many folks to conclude that the Shocks will take a step backward next year. Personally, I don't think that is necessarily a sign of stupidity. In addition to some outstanding talent moving on there are some major league intangibles moving on as well not the least of which is leadership. You know folks are going to look back at how we performed without Fred earlier this year and project that into next year. So stupid or not I would not be surprised at all if Illinois State is installed as the preseason favorite next fall.
      Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Maybe. Maybe not. My guess that losing Fred, Ron, Evan and Anton will cause many folks to conclude that the Shocks will take a step backward next year. Personally, I don't think that is necessarily a sign of stupidity. In addition to some outstanding talent moving on there are some major league intangibles moving on as well not the least of which is leadership. You know folks are going to look back at how we performed without Fred earlier this year and project that into next year. So stupid or not I would not be surprised at all if Illinois State is installed as the preseason favorite next fall.
      Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Senior moment?
      DejaVu
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Senior moment?
        Clearly.

Comment

• I predict the Shockers will be better next year.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I predict the Shockers will be better next year.
            who is their starting point guard going to be?

Comment

• ISUr will probably be favored going into next year if they return all their key players and have zero defections. That's fine with me, it gets pretty boring being picked first every year, it will give Marshall something to put on the bulletin board. We will have some question marks, especially at point guard, replacing Fred is a tall order along with Ron. I think in time we will adjust because we do have a lot of talent coming back, and some really nice recruits coming in along with our red shirts. Will be a challenge, and it's always nice having a team in the league that pisses you off, we need a rival, why not the Redbirds.

Comment

I'm not saying it is impossible and I think we will continue to be very good, but I'm certainly not predicting that we lose Ron and Fred and get better. The following year could be really special though if our guys continue to develop.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Question is, if we aren't picked first and we still win the league. Does Coach Marshall possibly get snubbed from COY? Not that I think he will tomorrow. It will be a joke if he isn't COY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    ISUr will probably be favored going into next year if they return all their key players and have zero defections.
                    But when was the last time that happened? Muller is good for 1 to 2 very important players leaving every off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I expect to win the Valley next year, but I don't see any way we will be chosen as pre-season favorite.
                      Kinda like you don't see any way we are an at-large team?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                        But when was the last time that happened? Muller is good for 1 to 2 very important players leaving every off season.
                        That's true, but now they see Fred and Ron leaving and they actually think they have a chance to win the league, it's now or never for them...

Comment

I predict our rpi will be better next year and would happily take an even money bet. Kenpom, not so much.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            who is their starting point guard going to be?
                            Doesn't matter. Smith, Shamet, Frankcamp.

Doesn't matter
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Kinda like you don't see any way we are an at-large team?
                              I never said that

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                                who is [our] starting point guard going to be?
                                I think early in the year, we have a problem unless it's Shamet. Shamet has had a year to study and learn the system.

Frankamp hasn't shown many PG tendencies and wasn't getting as many minutes at PG as Simon. If Frankamp was being groomed as the next PG, it seems he would have subbed in at PG when he relieved FVV.

We'll know whether Taylor has a shot at being the early season PG sometime in April or May. If he's still here next year, he's got a shot at it. I think Smith is the PG for the season, but he may not be ready early in the season. We've had some great JuCo PG's, but they've never been near their capabilities early in their first year. We do get an overseas trip, which could help Smith get some minutes and familiarity that other JuCo PG's haven't always had.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X