Anton Grady is BACK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Thats the first time I've heard a spinal concussion referred to as a physical limitation but I guess it fits. That's amazing you predicted it, though. We should've listened to you.
    I believe he's referring to the 3 knee surgeries that Anton had prior to this season.

Comment

Thats the first time I've heard a spinal concussion referred to as a physical limitation but I guess it fits. That's amazing you predicted it, though. We should've listened to you.
      I'm referring to his bad knees and surgeries he has had over the course of his career, not the spinal concussion.

Guess your sarcasm is lost on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I believe he's referring to the 3 knee surgeries that Anton had prior to this season.
        Thanks for the assist :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Aaron Ellis - Money bags at 19'8". Empty cookie jar from 19'9". (That was before they moved the line back, right?)
          Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Yep. Exactly right in every way. He was straight cash with his feet on the line.
          I'm glad others remember this.

We called him the "Master of the Deep 2" in our household!

**Slight tangent** Remember when AE dropped 19 (or so) in that Thursday night loss in STL? It's okay. I wasn't there either.
          The Assman

Comment

Aaron did that against Indiana State after Gregg got ejected for kneeling. Was there. Best pick setter we had.
            He's also the father of two of the cutest, sweetest little "tall" girls you ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              I'm referring to his bad knees and surgeries he has had over the course of his career, not the spinal concussion.

Guess your sarcasm is lost on me.
              So you think his knees were what kept him from living up to our lofty expectations?

I think there's typically an adjustment period for new players. Fred, Cle, Carl all went through it to some degree. Anton had to go through that in addition to missing a month plus due to being temporarily paralyzed during a routine basketball play.

The way he's playing over the last handful + games looks pretty good to me. I imagine even the most hopeful among us would have been happy to have this version of Anton all year. Did he get new knees or has he finally got back into the flow after being sidelined by an incredibly terrifying injury?

Comment

So you think his knees were what kept him from living up to our lofty expectations?

I think there's typically an adjustment period for new players. Fred, Cle, Carl all went through it to some degree. Anton had to go through that in addition to missing a month plus due to being temporarily paralyzed during a routine basketball play.

The way he's playing over the last handful + games looks pretty good to me. I imagine even the most hopeful among us would have been happy to have this version of Anton all year. Did he get new knees or has he finally got back into the flow after being sidelined by an incredibly terrifying injury?

You are right. He has settled into his role and adjusted nicely. He is a way more effective player than he was against USC. Some posters and fans outside this board put ridiculous expectations on the young man....not unusual for newcomers, but just totally unrealistic based on knees that should've been retired two surgeries ago.

I love the guy. He has helped win several ball games for us. I truly hope he goes into coaching because he has helped Shaq tremendously this year.

Comment

Anton has a professional International career ahead of him. 1300 points at the D1 level, big body, soft touch, solid post moves. I just hope he stays healthy enough to make a little bank whiles he is having fun.
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; February 27, 2016, 07:06 PM.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

He is getting hot at the exactly the right time.

Comment

one-year ArmSTUD - Final Four
                      one-year Grady - ????

Though not as important of a piece as Malcom was on his roster, could a suddenly getting hot Grady be what takes his team over the top this postseason? I hope so.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        one-year ArmSTUD - Final Four
                        one-year Grady - ????

Though not as important of a piece as Malcom was on his roster, could a suddenly getting hot Grady be what takes his team over the top this postseason? I hope so.
                        Like you said, two different players, different positions but I'm hopeful his NCAA tournament dreams will be even better than he had imagined and similar to those of Malcolm's, with the possible exception of his continue a bit longer than Malcolm's!

Comment

Just rewatched the game. Grady was wonderful. Keep it up, big guy!

Comment

Having a player, who can hit the deep 2 against a zone, is very valuable.

No doubt the Valley teams will play zone against the Shocks in the MVC tournament.

I would love to see his stats on 10-12 foot two balls.

Last 10 games:

1 ISR 6-9
                            2 LOY 5-7
                            3 ISB 3-7
                            4 MSU 3-6
                            5 NMS 4-7
                            6 UNI 3-5
                            7 DU 3-3
                            8 ISR 2-2
                            9 SIU 5-6
                            10 UE 2-6
                            36-58
                            62.10%
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

No doubt the Valley teams will play zone against the Shocks in the MVC tournament.

Last 10 games:

1 ISR 6-9
                              2 LOY 5-7
                              3 ISB 3-7
                              4 MSU 3-6
                              5 NMS 4-7
                              6 UNI 3-5
                              7 DU 3-3
                              8 ISR 2-2
                              9 SIU 5-6
                              10 UE 2-6
                              36-58
                              62.10%
                              Conference Games Only

Made Attempt
                              Jumpers 25 57
                              3-pters 0 2
                              Layups 26 34
                              Dunk 1 1
                              Tipin 1 1
                              FT 31 55
                              Total 84 150
                              Source goshocker.com play-by-play
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Last 10 games:

1 ISR 6-9
                                2 LOY 5-7
                                3 ISB 3-7
                                4 MSU 3-6
                                5 NMS 4-7
                                6 UNI 3-5
                                7 DU 3-3
                                8 ISR 2-2
                                9 SIU 5-6
                                10 UE 2-6
                                36-58
                                62.10%
                                I think Anton's comfort zone is more like 15-17 feet (just outside the free throw line). I remember him taking a couple around 10-12 feet out. He was short on one and the other he missed on a hook shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X