Anton Grady is BACK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton Grady is BACK!!!

Three months ago, we weren't sure this young man was ever going to play basketball again. Last night, he showed that he's not only capable of playing again, but he's capable of playing angry, the Shocker Way, just as we had hoped when we first learned of his signing. this picture says it all.

Anton had a monster game and his play over the past few games, particularly during the current mean, er, I mean, winning streak, is a big reason why this team is going to be dangerous in March. Anybody care to dance?
    Attached Files

I still believe this season is going to end in a big way. I think WSU is coming together and anything is possible. I hope so much that Anton can make noise in the dance and do what he came here to do. He went through a lot this year, and he's really easy to pull for. I've been bipolar on him because he has been up and down, and I regret that. I sure hope he puts up his Cleveland State kind of numbers through the end of the year.

Comment

He's going to be a major reason why WSU makes noise in March Madness, or is one and done. Shaq simply hasn't earned my trust to stay out of foul trouble, so Anton's number is going to called a lot more than expected. If he's on with his 'old man' game, that just opens up our offense and will pay dividends.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I still believe this season is going to end in a big way. I think WSU is coming together and anything is possible. I hope so much that Anton can make noise in the dance and do what he came here to do. He went through a lot this year, and he's really easy to pull for. I've been bipolar on him because he has been up and down, and I regret that. I sure hope he puts up his Cleveland State kind of numbers through the end of the year.
        I've felt much the same way. I tend to forget that it takes any player a while to get used to a new team and program. But it must be even tougher in Gregg's program. But the one thing we've all seen is how the new folks really start to get it toward the end of a season. Carl Hall was an absolute beast the last quarter of his career and Wichita State and was a key component of that FF run. I'll never forget how it dominated the first ten minutes of the La Salle beat down. Anton is a different type of player but he's starting to show his own way of dominating.

Comment

In that picture, either he is trying a new yoga position or Playing Angry. Or both.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            In that picture, either he is trying a new yoga position or Playing Angry. Or both.
            Angry Mantis? Impressive. Using one hand to hold that position.

Comment

I was an Anton detractor. I was extremely happy that he was healthy and able to play the game he loves, but I was afraid there was nothing more there, that putting him on the floor didn't appear to be the best option even as a second 5 man. I know I'm not the only one that thought that way. I am 100% willing to eat that crow. Obviously 3.3G is a very smart man and knows what it takes to get his players to their peak performance. These last couple of games, it looks like AG is more 1-1A with Shaq. and I'm very happy to see that. To me, it almost looks like a switch got flipped in his mind. Maybe it was the realization that he IS healthy and can do the things he was doing before the injury, or maybe it was just that he "got it" in regards to the Marshall plan. Maybe it was both. Either way, I believe he will be a BIG part of our run into late March and early April.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                I was an Anton detractor. I was extremely happy that he was healthy and able to play the game he loves, but I was afraid there was nothing more there, that putting him on the floor didn't appear to be the best option even as a second 5 man. I know I'm not the only one that thought that way. I am 100% willing to eat that crow. Obviously 3.3G is a very smart man and knows what it takes to get his players to their peak performance. These last couple of games, it looks like AG is more 1-1A with Shaq. and I'm very happy to see that. To me, it almost looks like a switch got flipped in his mind. Maybe it was the realization that he IS healthy and can do the things he was doing before the injury, or maybe it was just that he "got it" in regards to the Marshall plan. Maybe it was both. Either way, I believe he will be a BIG part of our run into late March and early April.
                He has a beautiful shot from mid range. I really hope we use that if ISU decides to zone us again (they will) on Saturday. Hit a couple of those and all sorts of passing lanes will open.

Comment

Anton's shot from just inside the arc at the top of the key brings me flashbacks of Aaron Ellis. AE was not a great shooter, but his Sr. Year, he had that shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Anton's shot from just inside the arc at the top of the key brings me flashbacks of Aaron Ellis. AE was not a great shooter, but his Sr. Year, he had that shot down.
                    Yup remember his game winner in his senior night against Creighton
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Aaron Ellis - Money bags at 19'8". Empty cookie jar from 19'9". (That was before they moved the line back, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Aaron Ellis - Money bags at 19'8". Empty cookie jar from 19'9". (That was before they moved the line back, right?)
                        Yep. Exactly right in every way. He was straight cash with his feet on the line.

Comment

And so smooth. Almost as good as Randall Vautravers from the corner.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Anton, just to be able to play, has to ice his knees for countless hours. The fact he is willing to do that just to be a Shocker and part of something special tells you a lot about him.

I cautioned people at the first of the year that were expecting too much given his physical limitations, but his adaptation to his role on this team gives us a fantastic dimension to our offense.

Have no idea what he wants to do with his life but he would make a heck of a post player coach

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Anton, just to be able to play, has to ice his knees for countless hours. The fact he is willing to do that just to be a Shocker and part of something special tells you a lot about him.

I cautioned people at the first of the year that were expecting too much given his physical limitations, but his adaptation to his role on this team gives us a fantastic dimension to our offense.

Have no idea what he wants to do with his life but he would make a heck of a post player coach
                              Thats the first time I've heard a spinal concussion referred to as a physical limitation but I guess it fits. That's amazing you predicted it, though. We should've listened to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X