CONGRATULATIONS COACH GREGG MARSHALL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Well deserved sir!!! Too many more VICTORIES!!!!

GO SHOCKERS!!!
    Grammar/spelling matters. If this is a "cheer" To Many More Victories works. TOO many more victories would insinuate that there have been too many more victories. (I know, I'm a smartass. My bad.) :)
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Can we request Gregg to wear longer socks when they snap a photo for his banner?

Sorry. That's all i notice on Mr. Miller's.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Grammar/spelling matters. If this is a "cheer" To Many More Victories works. TOO many more victories would insinuate that there have been too many more victories. (I know, I'm a smartass. My bad.) :)
        Lol my bad. And good humor. As you can see...I am defintely not a "smart" ass.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          Best tweet I saw
          "Congrats to former CoC coach Gregg Marshall, that's 221 more victories than at CoC."
          Jealousy is tough, but even if he had gone he wouldn't have stayed -- the visionary Jim Schaus saw destiny in the making, and he was right. He'd have just hired Marshall from Charleston instead of Winthrop, and there would still have been 221 (and counting) in Wichita. Only the subtraction would have changed.

Comment

Banner pic
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Or
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Sorry, shock...but the picture that will be on Gregg's future banner has not been taken yet. I am thinking about him hoisting the national championship trophy in Houston in April. That should suffice.
                78-65

Comment

I like the net cutting. "We like cutting down nets and geetting fitted for rings".

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Or
                    Ralpph Miller without the stool?
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Gregg now sits at #101 on the all time coaching wins list. He is only 3 away from the top 100!

Comment

In addition, Gregg is sitting at #31 in career wins among active coaches from the same list Jhook89 is refrencing. The two coaches in striking distance are Jeff Jones of Old Dominion and Jim Crews who was recently fired from St. Lewis. If the Shockers have another 25 win season next year that would move HCGM to ~#87 all time. It would be awesome to see Gregg get above #50 all time which I think is within reach if the Shockers continue to perform as they have the past 6-7 years. Right now #50 all time stands at 526 wins. By the time Gregg would get there it will probably be over 550 wins needed to crack the top 50. At 25 wins per season, the Shockers could get him there in the next 5 years. Ref:http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...ch-career.html
                        LL&P _\\//

Comment

3G now sits at #78 all time with 480 total wins. If he can work his magic next season he could hit the 500 milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            3G now sits at #78 all time with 480 total wins. If he can work his magic next season he could hit the 500 milestone.
                            Count on it!
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Coach Marshall's achievements, accomplishments, and his overall record over a relatively short period of time, are amazing.

We got so very lucky, that day back when, Coach Gregg Marshall agreed to come to Wichita State University as our Head Coach.

Comment

Not to rain on the parade, but if we only win 19 games next year, is everyone gonna bail? I look forward to next year and many more years with Marshall at the helm, but my expectations are tampered.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
                                  ShockTalk commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  OH NO!! Do you know who tampered with your expectations??? How dastardly!

• wufan
                                  wufan commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Damn it!
                              Working...
                              X