No announcement yet.

CONGRATULATIONS COACH GREGG MARSHALL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONGRATULATIONS COACH GREGG MARSHALL!!!

Well deserved sir!!! Too many more VICTORIES!!!!

GO SHOCKERS!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Send his pic. up in the air at Koch Arena with Ralph Miller's. He has earned it and I am so glad he stayed on board here at WSU. What an awesome Coach.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Congrats Coach. So glad you are a Shocker.

Comment

Right On! Congrats HCGM!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great accomplishment! Thanks, Coach.

Comment

What a beast. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations HC3.3G
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                Well deserved sir!!! Too many more VICTORIES!!!!

GO SHOCKERS!!!
                Many moons ago, we the SN brethren would be posting on here on a work-night, burnin the midnight oil, just dreaming, wishing, and hoping for times just like tonight.

The founder of the 11-11 Trivia thread was one such person who also started this thread. On this special Shocker night for Coach Marshall and our beloved Shocks, we are now 11-0 in this here Valley race and I am thankful, I am revved up, and not a bit sleepy, knowing tomorrow is another work day. If tomorrow we are running on fumes, we will do so angry because we are not satisfied and neither are the Shocks! The best is yet to come because the Shocks have not peaked yet!!!!! Sometimes, great timing can be of essence.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We are watching the greatest period in Shocker hoops!

Thank you coach Marshall!
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I knew Gregg was a perfect fit for this program the first time I met him back in April of 2007. His kids were, well, just kids. I didn't know if he'd like Wichita, but I knew he was a perfect fit for ShockerNation.

And what a fit it's been. He told me that summer that they'd win, and win a lot.

I had NO idea how much he meant. But him knowing, and me not, is just one of a 1000 reasons why he's the greatest coach in the history of WSU and I'm a fan.

Congratulations Coach Marshall!!

Comment

The best

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I knew Gregg was a perfect fit for this program the first time I met him back in April of 2007. His kids were, well, just kids. I didn't know if he'd like Wichita, but I knew he was a perfect fit for ShockerNation.

And what a fit it's been. He told me that summer that they'd win, and win a lot.

I had NO idea how much he meant. But him knowing, and me not, is just one of a 1000 reasons why he's the greatest coach in the history of WSU and I'm a fan.

Congratulations Coach Marshall!!
                        Similar comment from HCGM after our exit at his first Arch Madness. A table of fans was having an after game drink or three at the Westin when HCGM walked by with a plate of food from the team buffet and was just past the table when he stopped and turned back around and said "Thank you all for supporting us this year and I promise you we will start winning". The man wasn't lying.

Comment

Best tweet I saw
                          "Congrats to former CoC coach Gregg Marshall, that's 221 more victories than at CoC."

Comment

Gregg "All-Time" Marshall
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Triticum aestivum L.; February 4, 2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

"It just means you've been coaching a long time and you've had a lot of great coaches and a lot of great players," Gregg Marshall said.

Gregg is wrong. It doesn't "just" mean those things. While those things help, all these fantastic moments we are experiencing wouldn't be happening if he wasn't a great coach. Congratulations Head Coach Gregg Marshall.
                              Last edited by wusphlash; February 4, 2016, 09:27 AM.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X