WSU Versus Southern Illinois Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawdawg View Post
    The point I was getting at was that the Shox were the first truly high level team we'd faced all year. I'm not sure playing Semo and North Texas gets a team ready to experience that level of play. I think the Dawgs will at least know what to expect this time, whether that matters is yet to be seen.
    Gotcha. My point was that there is little discernable difference between SEMO/Bradley/Drake/North Texas

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Why the late start tonight?
      The game is on Fox Sports Midwest, outside of the Cox viewing area, and Evansville/UNI play at 6, so our game starts at 8.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        I think they found out that I am driving over from Branson so they pushed it back a little.
        Of course they would do that for a person of your importance and stature. Maybe you could drop off another big check to get the football program going. :)
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Hamilton just threw down a monster dunk. I am impressed.

Guess who followed with a dunk as well. Mr. VanVleet.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

And for good measure Conner drains from half court.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I hope tonight is the game Conner finally has a break-out game in CKA.

Comment

77-62 Marshallville
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

All Americans- 86
                  All-alpo 62

Comment

Originally posted by lawdawg View Post
                    I'm expecting a Shox win but not the woodshed beatdown you guys gave us at our place. Barry's schedule of cupcakes didn't have us prepared, at all, for decent competition -- let alone a team playing at the level your guys are. Our team will be better prepared, but that won't be enough.

We played very poorly the last time around, partly shellshock, and partly because your team is good. I'd expect a 10-12 point loss that looks closer than it is from time to time until about 12 to go in the second half. Hope we play better than expected and am at least happy we seem to be moving in the right direction again.
                    Ummmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Here's the deal. "Step into our parlor says the Shocks to the Dawgs." Down here at 21st. and Hillside, there is no collar ID, no tail wagging or treats allowed, with silence required in the barking lot. 43 home wins in a row has a shocking-zing to it and Coach Marshall will pass Ralph Miller in career wins. How's that for starters?

Looking at SIU who is now 7-3 and 18-5, this defies Athlon and Lindy's who picked them 9th in the Valley and Sporting News who picked them 8th. Before the Season began, they lost Jordan "Sweet" Caroline a solid Freshman who transferred. Their Non-Con games did not glitter or have much effervescence IMO. Even so, Barry Hinson will bring in his squad led by Beane who is 2nd in the Valley in scoring, Leo Vincent who makes throws with ease, and O'Brian. Beane only had 15 points last game against us and our Shocks will be on him like a cheap suit. Even so, SIU has been a team that has exceeded early expectations.

Enjoy this squad while there is still time. We heard on the tube about about FVV and Baker being featured on the Valley Mount Rushmore. What a blessing each and every game we have left to relish the performances of these two Shocker stars. When they were playing in the Final 4, the good Doc reminded us they were just Freshmen. Now they are both All Americans and performing finer than a frog-hair, leading our team to many more wins before the final curtain closes of their careers here. We also have 3 other Seniors that are giving it their all and we appreciate them too. The overall quality depth and intense Defense is something to behold and the Shocks have Not peaked yet. Team, Team, Team!!! We have an unselfish team of hard-working warriors that have only began to fight.

So let's set the stage because there is more 'trench work' ahead for the Shocks. With a win, this is what happens. Coach Marshall will have 221 career wins and only 81 losses at the conclusion of this game with 43 home Shocker wins in a row for icing on the cake. A win puts us at 11-0 in this here 'Valley Free For All' giving SIU 4 losses. With that said, the nostalgic number 11 steps up to the front-burner again so I must pick us to win by 22. Defense wins ships and Bake and FVV will turn up the heat in the Shocker kitchen to "shake and bake proportions."

Walter "Clyde" Frazier--------55

Dave "the Rave" Stallworth--77
                      Actual score was 76-55 so I missed it by a stinken point!!!
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Currently forecasting a 21 point win, at 80-59.
                        We did win by 21. You got it!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We did win by 21. You got it!!!
                          Can't take credit. Was the predicted margin from a link someone posted.

Comment

Actual score was 76-55 so I missed it by a stinken point!!!

BOOM! Impressive!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Odds Shark won but FSF takes the forum pool which is a steak dinner @pogo: 's house

Comment

Working...
                              X