• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo gallery from the game

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      IIRC correctly the Shocks had at least two foul calls on them in the INS game where the ref indicated contact made to the head. Glad there was no such contact or call on this play.

Ironically #4 was the only player with any significant minutes in the game with 0 fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Mostly Fred and Ron today. Unlike most posters I have been underwhelmed with our post play on both
        ends. There are glimpses of ability but no consistency. I think the combo of RN / BW are just about as
        good as the other two. I'd like to see one game with them being the primary centers. BW is our best
        center defensively and rebounding and I don'r remember a basket being scored against RN in three
        games. I really fear our lack of size and length in the paint come March. We shouldn't have to be relying
        on our back court so much against Valley teams.
        Huh?
        You must really think HCGM is a total dumbass.

Please put down the crack pipe or at least let some of the other esteemed posters on here know where you're getting your junk.

And some on here talk about the meth problem in SW Missouri.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Huh?
          You must really think HCGM is a total dumbass.

Please put down the crack pipe or at least let some of the other esteemed posters on here know where you're getting your junk.

And some on here talk about the meth problem in SW Missouri.

That is all.
          I will say that RN, if not the best, is definitely the most successful player on the team in taking charges. Other than that I agree with the above post completely!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
            Ironically #4 was the only player with any significant minutes in the game with 0 fouls.
            I have no problem with that not being called. It was incidental as far as I'm concerned and you have to let stuff like that go. But if you read the INS board the officiating was totally one-sided in favor of the Shocks (which shows they have a normal fan base I guess). May have favored the Shocks somewhat (not really sure without watching a replay and focusing on that) but not egregiously and this is just one example that shows that.

I will say that Fred has taken a lot of contact this year without receiving the benefit of a call but to his credit he has yet to show-up the officials up or let it get to him. Just another thing that, when added to Fred's multitude of other strengths, makes Fred such a tremendous player and leader.

Comment

• Not on any "junk" just an opinionated old fart who is totally aware GM knows much much more.
              Sorry if I hit a nerve with a simple opinion - no need to get offensive. I just have a concern about
              the length and ability of our front line guys come March and believe we are going to, at the very least,
              need some help from some taller / longer players. AG had a great game against EU and has pretty
              much disappeared since and SM is foul prone and erratic. Both can be good at times but not enough
              of the time IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I have no problem with that not being called. It was incidental as far as I'm concerned and you have to let stuff like that go. But if you read the INS board the officiating was totally one-sided in favor of the Shocks (which shows they have a normal fan base I guess). May have favored the Shocks somewhat (not really sure without watching a replay and focusing on that) but not egregiously and this is just one example that shows that.

I will say that Fred has taken a lot of contact this year without receiving the benefit of a call but to his credit he has yet to show-up the officials up or let it get to him. Just another thing that, when added to Fred's multitude of other strengths, makes Fred such a tremendous player and leader.
                Lansing used to say that the more aggressive team generally gets more calls. I would say that is correct, and Wichita State benefitted from being the more aggressive team yesterday. Sure wasn't the referees fault that my team lost, but had a lot more to do with the play of your Shockers.

If the refs are able to "cost" you a game, you didn't play well enough to win anyway...

Btw, I'm really gonna miss Fred and Ron next year. They are a terror when they play my team, yes, but they are so much fun to watch. They play the right way. They are a big part of the reason that your Shocks are my second favorite MVC team!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  1. I have railed on the officials not giving FVV a fair whistle all year. Yesterday he got a marginally fair whistle (watching the halftime highlights was great, he was fouled on every drive). He scored 29 points. This is not a coincidence.

2. Some have mocked ISUb's crowdfunding, but color me impressed. They were a jersey short, but managed to raise funds, get a jersey printed, and get it shipped to Wichita in like 5 minutes. Pretty impressive.

3. 41-1. Arrogant are the Valley fans that think they will beat this WSU team, much less in Wichita, not the fans of WSU. The average MoV in home Valley games in that time is 18.3.
                  If it is indeed your bunch at the end of my row you get major props from me. Your "Get him off" symphony and well timed clapping often result in firing up a comatose section

Comment

• Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                    Lansing used to say that the more aggressive team generally gets more calls. I would say that is correct, and Wichita State benefitted from being the more aggressive team yesterday. Sure wasn't the referees fault that my team lost, but had a lot more to do with the play of your Shockers.

If the refs are able to "cost" you a game, you didn't play well enough to win anyway... *

Btw, I'm really gonna miss Fred and Ron next year. They are a terror when they play my team, yes, but they are so much fun to watch. They play the right way. They are a big part of the reason that your Shocks are my second favorite MVC team!!!
                    * With notable exceptions being WSU vs UConn (2010) and WSU vs Seton Hall (2015) :)
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      I feel like we need to make a Bruce drinking game with a bingo board, and have squares like "pull" "That's a good player right there" "Bruce says wrong player's name." etc.
                      The game wasnt even 2 minutes old and we got a "Shades of'

YOu know what Bruce just stfu LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Not on any "junk" just an opinionated old fart who is totally aware GM knows much much more.
                        Sorry if I hit a nerve with a simple opinion - no need to get offensive. I just have a concern about
                        the length and ability of our front line guys come March and believe we are going to, at the very least,
                        need some help from some taller / longer players. AG had a great game against EU and has pretty
                        much disappeared since and SM is foul prone and erratic. Both can be good at times but not enough
                        of the time IMHO.
                        Understood.
                        Not sure if you are an older fart than Yours Truly, but if so, sure its not many. :-)

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Two FVV items from Sunday.

On the play where Markis lost his man who them promptly dropped a 3 ball, MM first got beckoned over to HCGM at the next free throw for a "chat". As MM went back out to midcourt, FVV continued the arse chewing. MM's defense was noticeably better after that.

On the postgame show with Mike and Dave, FVV said (and you could HEAR the ear to ear grin as he said this) "if that damn Marshall would have left me in I could have gotten 30."

At least now with the NMSU game back in the schedule we get one more opportunity to see him and the rest of the seniors before this season dwindles away.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            * With notable exceptions being WSU vs UConn (2010) and WSU vs Seton Hall (2015) :)
                            And Creighton. 1.9
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              And Creighton. 1.9
                              Well that was a bad clock operator but we put ourselves in the position to get screwed. But it wasn't 10 minutes of mind numbing lopsided calls, so I wouldn't put it in the same category.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                And Creighton. 1.9
                                How bout the goal tending call on Orupke 15 feet from the basket.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X