WSU Versus Missouri State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Game in Springfield

The closest game with MO State may have been the one in Springfield 2 or 3 yrs ago where they had a 19 pt lead in the 2nd half, but Fred Van Vleet led WSU back to a great come from behind victory.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
      The closest game with MO State may have been the one in Springfield 2 or 3 yrs ago where they had a 19 pt lead in the 2nd half, but Fred Van Vleet led WSU back to a great come from behind victory.
      That was in '14, IIRC there want another game that was down to the wire until UK in the NCAA. Maybe ISUb or UNI at there barns.

Comment

Not a state 76
        Is a state. 58

Comment

Teeth 89
          No Teeth 49

Comment

Games will be televised on ESPN3.

With Watch ESPN you can stream live sports and ESPN originals, watch the latest game replays and highlights, and access featured ESPN programming online.

Subject to blackout. Generally, this means Kansas.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              Fans wearing Wichita State shirts: 47
              Fans wearing Wichita State shirts: 87

You pick which team is which.
              This needs to be in the Shockernet Hall of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                This needs to be in the Shockernet Hall of Fame
                There is a reason kai is the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  Some pregame discussion:

Paul Lusk has never beaten Wichita State. Wichita State has beaten Missouri State 10 straight times, outscoring the Bears 718 - 530. 18.8 average point differential. In the last 4 meetings, Wichita State has outscored the Bears 289 - 175. That's a 29 point average margin of victory for the Shockers. In the last meeting, the Shockers reached the Bears' total points scored in the game (35 points) at half time, by hitting a 3 pointer to push the halftime score from 34 to 37 points for WSU. The Shockers literally could have just ran the clock out on every single possession in the 2nd half and still won.
                  That tears it, then. My prediction:

Shocks 289
                  SWMO 35
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

WSU opens up at -11
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Going to meet some friends at Pappos for pizza and beer before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        WSU opens up at -11
                        Seems high for a 10-5 team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          WSU opens up at -11
                          I don't gamble, so what does the second number mean when they have the game at -11 -8? I just know the first is the expected point difference.

Comment

Read on goshockers that Fred joined Jake Odum as the only two MVC players with 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds. Pretty big achievement. Odum was a tremendous player. No stats were given for Fred's cave drawing or fire making technique.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                              I don't gamble, so what does the second number mean when they have the game at -11 -8? I just know the first is the expected point difference.
                              I think what you're referring to is the movement of the line. One will be what the game opened up, and then the second number will be what the current spread is at that you can bet on.

The spread moves based on total bets, not on what a vegas line maker thinks will happen. They want even money across the board, so they're trying to entice bettors to take the side lacking bets by adjusting the spread to be more favorable.

In the case, I think the game opened at -8 WSU, and moved to -11 WSU. Meaning, bettors were seeing value in WSU covering 8 points, so what could have happened was 80% of the bets were going on WSU, and they want to get that as close to 50% as possible, so they make the spread larger (more difficult for WSU to cover) in hopes people will bet MSU to hold WSU to beating them by under 11.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

From the MSU board:

I think we need Miller to hit a last second shot to cut the final margin to between 20 or 30.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X