2016 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
    I'm guessing this reinforces Shaka's belief in the power of being in a P5 conference.
    Absolutely. And makes "mid-major" coaches across the country wonder as well.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• My bet is that Texas stays put as a 5. Beat OU, Lost to KU. No need to look at scores or watch tape to see how inexplicably bad they were. Just count the wins and losses, regardless of other details. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this bracketology business!
      -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
        My bet is that Texas stays put as a 5. Beat OU, Lost to KU. No need to look at scores or watch tape to see how inexplicably bad they were. Just count the wins and losses, regardless of other details. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this bracketology business!
        Unlike polls, brackets usually get updated multiple times a week. Texas wasn't a 5 in many brackets until after the OU win. Their most common seeding was as a 6 and then they moved up a seed to a 5 after beating OU. I'm pretty sure they will fall back atleast a seed, maybe 2, due to the KU loss.

Comment

• I didn't go back and look, thought they were a 5 prior to the OU win. Would make sense then that they drop back. If they were a 5 before OU would see them staying there. This case...drop back to a 6. Rightfully so.
          -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• I we don't end up in the 5-6 range, I'd rather wind up in the 11-14 range than 7-10. The way I see it, there are only a handful of teams that I want to put off as long as possible playing. IMO Michigan St, KU, and Villinova have sperated themselves as the cream of the crop so far. There are about 5 teams right behind them that I also would prefer not to be matched up with. Everyone else I would at least feel semi confident about WSUs chances. If we fell in the 11-14 range we wouldn't have to play a top 2 seed till at least the sweet 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              I we don't end up in the 5-6 range, I'd rather wind up in the 11-14 range than 7-10. The way I see it, there are only a handful of teams that I want to put off as long as possible playing. IMO Michigan St, KU, and Villinova have sperated themselves as the cream of the crop so far. There are about 5 teams right behind them that I also would prefer not to be matched up with. Everyone else I would at least feel semi confident about WSUs chances. If we fell in the 11-14 range we wouldn't have to play a top 2 seed till at least the sweet 16.
              Avoiding the 8 and 9 seed would be my first request. Although, we have had our best runs as a 7 and 9 seed, so go figure. Statistically, we are an aberration in that regard.
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                I we don't end up in the 5-6 range, I'd rather wind up in the 11-14 range than 7-10. The way I see it, there are only a handful of teams that I want to put off as long as possible playing. IMO Michigan St, KU, and Villinova have sperated themselves as the cream of the crop so far. There are about 5 teams right behind them that I also would prefer not to be matched up with. Everyone else I would at least feel semi confident about WSUs chances. If we fell in the 11-14 range we wouldn't have to play a top 2 seed till at least the sweet 16.
                Did you seriously just put 12, 13, and 14 seeds on the table?

Who the hell do you think we are? Georgia State?

WSU, as a program, should never be in a possession to be hoping for and/garnering Atlantic Sun type seeding.

Seriously, are you nuts?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

WSU, as a program, should never be in a possession to be hoping for and/garnering Atlantic Sun type seeding.

Seriously, are you nuts?
                  Honestly, I'd rather not get in the tournament at all. There are some good teams out there, man. If we don't get invited then we can avoid all the scary matchups and just enjoy watching the tournament at home where it's safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seriously, are you nuts?
                    Had we dropped another game or two this season you would be hoping and praying just to get in.
                    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Haslam has WSU as a projected 8 seed on his bracketology, but ranks WSU 7th in the nation.

https://t.co/ys14e38x0g

I
                      f his model is accurate, there are going to be some insanely angry teams in the first weekend.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Haslam has WSU as a projected 8 seed on his bracketology, but ranks WSU 7th in the nation..
                        what can this possibly mean?

Comment

• So we put in Wichita State on our home court and it shows the only team in the nation that would beat us is Michigan State by slightly over one point? Hell, no wonder nobody wants to play in a home-and-home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            what can this possibly mean?
                            It means that his statistical model leads him to believe that WSU is the 7th best team in the nation, but he knows that the committee doesn't seed according to what the advanced metrics say so he isn't projecting WSU's seed based on how good his model thinks WSU is, but on what he expects the committee to do.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              It means that his statistical model leads him to believe that WSU is the 7th best team in the nation, but he knows that the committee doesn't seed according to what the advanced metrics say so he isn't projecting WSU's seed based on how good his model thinks WSU is, but on what he expects the committee to do.
                              TMH hit the nail on the head.

Basically regardless of record, his statistical model is showing that WSU is the 7th best team in the country based on efficiency on O and D, but that what he expects the selection committee to do is seed WSU at 8. So basically if WSU was seeded using Haslam's model they'd actually be a 2 seed. Hence why I said there are going to be some angry teams getting matched up with WSU that first weekend.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• If you like what Haslam and Kenpom rank WSU, you are going to love RoundTable's rankings:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X