2016 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
    I'm just gonna post this before I check the date of the article, but Duke is NOT a 1 seed...
    I hit the wrong page on the page and got a old one
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      I hit the wrong page on the page and got a old one
      Well thanks for fixing! I still didn't check the date of the article lol.
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Rank 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012
        1 .9496 .9787 .9540 .9663 .9634
        5 .9334 .9571 .9399 .9299 .9378
        10 .9163 .9127 .9038 .9169 .9092
        15 .9050 .9038 .8925 .9025 .8903
        20 .8928 .8725 .8804 .8766 .8748
        25 .8775 .8539 .8688 .8666 .8540
        For Reference
        WSU 2012 - #9 (0.9122)
        WSU 2013 - #35 (0.8397)
        WSU 2014 - #5 (0.9399)
        WSU 2015 - #14 (0.9044)
        WSU 2016 - #16 (0.9045) as of today
        Huge jump for WSU after dominating Evansville yesterday. Now up to 0.9123 and #12 overall.

Remember, unlike the RPI, WSU can improve their KenPom rank even against bad teams. It is all about performing well relative to the competition. KP is predicting a 15 point win at home on Wednesday vs SIU. If the Shox go out and win by 20+ (they won by 25 @SIU), they can continue to climb.

One additional note. KP has WSU as a double digit favorite in 8 of the final 9. Only @Indiana State is predicted to be single digits, and even that one has WSU by 7.

Comment

• So do they use KenPom or RPI for seeding purposes or both? The metrics they use is not clear to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            So do they use KenPom or RPI for seeding purposes or both? The metrics they use is not clear to me.
            They use the dart board seeding metric.

Comment

• Up to a 6 Seed in Lunardi's latest bracket

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                So do they use KenPom or RPI for seeding purposes or both? The metrics they use is not clear to me.
                RPI is an official resource. KP is unofficial, but it gets used too.

Seeding never matches up perfectly with either, but the average of the 2 is a good starting point.

Comment

• I know that the bracket won't look like what Lunardi has put together, but I hate that bracket. Maryland, Virginia, and OU? Additionally, we have to deal with a Dayton play-in team? In Brooklyn? Please keep me away from that bracket.

Comment

• Also let me add, 2 teams I want to bomb the rest of the season: Texas A&M and Baylor. Those are the two teams stealing OKC from us.

Comment

• Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and some other guy discuss WSU and potential seeds. I recommend skipping roughly the first half of the podcast, as it's all about KU/UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Gary Parrish, Matt Norlander and some other guy discuss WSU and potential seeds. I recommend skipping roughly the first half of the podcast, as it's all about KU/UK.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ille-texas-etc
                        Excellent listen. Not sure if it was Norlander or Veceine who suggested we may end up with a 9 seed if we win out (not because he thinks we should be, but because that's what he thinks the committee would do), but regardless, great discussion and Parrish seems to really know his stuff when it comes to the Shocks.

#AllIn
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          Excellent listen. Not sure if it was Norlander or Veceine who suggested we may end up with a 9 seed if we win out (not because he thinks we should be, but because that's what he thinks the committee would do), but regardless, great discussion and Parrish seems to really know his stuff when it comes to the Shocks.

#AllIn
                          They are nuts to think 8/9 if we win out. I just don't see it.

Plus, to me the discussion is a little too "this level" for my taste. They aren't giving our school and our head coach enough credit for bringing studs into the program. But oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            (not because he thinks we should be, but because that's what he thinks the committee would do)
                            If the committee gives WSU an 8/9 seed after they roll through the Valley, then they lied when they said they would re-evaluate WSU's losses without FVV (and other injuries).

If WSU wins out, they should be looking for a 3/4 seed.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If the Shocks win out I'm guessing they'd have a Kenpom top 10, NCAA RPI top 20 or 25, and an AP ranking in the top 15. An 8/9 would be ridiculous. There would be a 1 seed somewhere screaming bloody murder about that draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                If the Shocks win out I'm guessing they'd have a Kenpom top 10, NCAA RPI top 20 or 25, and an AP ranking in the top 15. An 8/9 would be ridiculous.
                                Didn't we have that last year? And ended up with a 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X