No announcement yet.

Bradley Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love watching Wessel. Unqualifiedly. He just never stops looking for an edge, something else he can do, even if it means throwing himself across the floor to grab that loose ball.

Comment

• My original post was about getting more efficient in the half court offense. I would assume every shocker fan can look back at past HCGM teams and see we are struggling to score in the half court. This isn't anti-Wessel; rather it is an opportunity to improve the team. If EW can pull a Cotton and get hot the rest of the way - problem solved.

Comment

• I pointed out others who aren't strong offensive players either but they are conveniently forgotten. Actually, we've usually been very good in the half court but this year, we still have room to improve. But to look at Wessel as the problem is to look past his strengths and to look past other players offensive weaknesses. I think that Conner, and Grady can improve, and Fred, Ron, and Zach must become more efficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Yeah, it's always nice to have once in a lifetime all americans at every position.
          Preferably at the same time -- if you look back fifty years, the Shocks HAVE had them at every spot but center. Unfortunately, Stallworth, AC, and X aren't available this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            As hard as our AA's and Brown play defense, (which is their most important expectation), their offense will not always be on. We will improve on our team offense, but the improvement will in my opinion, come from Grady, and Conner. I wish that Kelly(too) had more offensive potential but he is who he is as is Morris, and Nurger. But you are correct, if all five of our players could shoot it like a Burger Boy, we would have a better team. The negative obsession on Evan that some of our fans have, is difficult for me to understand.
            Kelly is close. Right now he's not finishing. If he starts finishing he will be a great complimentary piece.

Morris is averaging 8+ in 17 mpg over his last 6. Frankamp is averaging 8+ in 17 mpg over his last 4. He's also shooting 46% from the field and 42% from 3 over that time. If they were getting Baker minutes, they'd be scoring at Baker levels. As it turns out our starting center and back-up guard are playing like our AA (offensively, which seems to be the concern) for the time they are on the court.
            Last edited by wufan; January 5, 2016, 07:21 AM.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Tidbits:

Minutes played: Grady 175, Morris 174, Hamilton 75

Per 40 minute Stats:

Fouls per 40: Hamilton 4.3, Grady 5.7, Morris 6.2

TO per 40: Morris 2.3, Hamilton 3.2, Grady 3.2

Points per 40: Hamilton 22.4, Morris 16.7, Grady 16.0

Reb per 40: Grady 11.2, Hamilton 8.5, Morris 8.0

FG%: Morris .588, Hamilton .522, Grady .444

3p %: Hamilton .286, Grady .143, Morris none shot

FT%: Grady .700, Hamilton .696, Morris .619

FT attempts per 40: Hamilton 12.3, Grady 6.9, Morris 4.8

Hamilton has the skills and can get things done. He just hasn't got the plays all sorted out in his head and, with most freshmen, needs work on D.
              Great comparison.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                It isn't a good number when you consider he isn't guarded for most of his shots. The degree of difficulty is really low. Fred, Ron, CF, would hit greater than 50% with the shots he gets.
                And yet CF has not. A good portion of his makes were far from "open" shots. In fact, I recall two from the corner that were extremely difficult. CF has missed on most of his "wide open" shots.

Shocker offense has been pretty good the prior seasons and guess who was on the floor most of the time. EW. Here are the KenPom AdjO along with the number of games EW played:

2011-12 14th 13 games
                2012-13 30th 8 games
                2013-14 8th 35 games
                2014-15 16th 32 games
                2015-16 55th 13 games

There seems to be some correlation between EW participating and the better AdjO rating for the team.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  There seems to be some correlation between EW participating and the better AdjO rating for the team.
                  SHUTYOMOUTH!!!!!

COINCIDENCE!!!!

Comment

• Those are good numbers... The best season we had a 4 spot who could fill it up. Last year we had a five who consistently filled it up. Teams that make big runs out of non-BCS conferences often have 4's that are difficult to guard. I don't care who steps up, we just need the four to be dangerous if we are going to get an at-large, win the Arch, and go deep in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      Those are good numbers... The best season we had a 4 spot who could fill it up. Last year we had a five who consistently filled it up. Teams that make big runs out of non-BCS conferences often have 4's that are difficult to guard. I don't care who steps up, we just need the four to be dangerous if we are going to get an at-large, win the Arch, and go deep in the tournament.
                      I think having a very dangerous 1 & 2, a dangerous 3, a servicable 4, and a solid 5 is more than enough to go deep in the tourney. Our talent that needs to continue to grow is at the 3 and 5. If ZB and MM continue grow, and Shaq and Grady continue to produce decent numbers in rotation, we don't need a dangerous 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Don't worry, the Evan naysayers won't haven Evan and his 100+ wins, 4 tourney appearances, at least three MVC titles, a Final Four and a Sweet 16 to kick around much longer.

And he was, at best, a role player. If we had 5 Wessels, we'd have lead the Valley in defense and would not have accomplished any of those accomplishments because we'd be a middle of the pack team. With your logic, you ought to Apply to be the Texans Assistant GM. No offensive line, no running back, no qb, but hey we have a great defense.

And that somehow validates we have a playoff team despite our 7-5 record. What odds do you give us to win the Super Bowl?
                        Last edited by shocka khan; January 5, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          And he was, at best, a role player. If we had 5 Wessels, we'd have lead the Valley in defense and would not have accomplished any of those accomplishments because we'd be a middle of the pack team. With your logic, you ought to Apply to be the Texans Assintant GM. No offensive line, no running back, no qb, bet hey we have a great defense.

And that somehow validates we have a playoff team despite our 7-5 record. What odds do toy give us to win the Super Bowl?
                          I don't think that's what he was implying at all. You really don't miss an opportunity to bash Evan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            SHUTYOMOUTH!!!!!

COINCIDENCE!!!!
                            And then there's the Prouty rating, which indicates he does absolutely nothing for us when he's on the floor. By the way, since I answered your backhanded question/insult yesterday, I have one for you. Are you related to Wessel or is it just a man-crush?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                              I don't think that's what he was implying at all. You really don't miss an opportunity to bash Evan.
                              No, more like
                              1) I have an opinion that some of you think is foolish and try to call me out on it,
                              2) I get tired of all the ridiculous comments about how great EW is. If you believe that so much, quit exaggerating all his abilities on all the threads and keep your schtick to the numerous I love Evan threads here as I don't read them.

He's not great. I'm not like cdizzle. I don't want to win 90% of our games, I want to win ALL of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                And then there's the Prouty rating, which indicates he does absolutely nothing for us when he's on the floor. By the way, since I answered your backhanded question/insult yesterday, I have one for you. Are you related to Wessel or is it just a man-crush?
                                My question to you is, did EW screw (1) you (2) your sister or (3) your mother? What other possible motive could generate such persistent hatred?
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X