No announcement yet.

Bradley Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM talks a lot about rebounding, defense, and taking good shots. He knows that sometimes you make shots and sometimes you miss. He also knows that the competition has similar runs. What he is REALLY saying is find every possible way to take more good shots than your opponent. How is that done?

Defense:
    1. Play tough defense on your man
    2. Play help defense within the scheme
    3. Make digs
    4. Check out your man
    5. Go get the ball

Offense:
    1. Take care of the ball
    2. Cut hard to your spot
    3. Set good screens
    4. Take good shots
    5. Check out your man
    6. Go get the ball

Which of the above does Evan NOT do better than anyone else on the team?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• All you all are dumb. The real villian in this EW relevance debate is our crappy coach not recruiting a better player than Evan over the last 2 years. What an over paid hack.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        All you all are dumb. The real villian in this EW relevance debate is our crappy coach not recruiting a better player than Evan over the last 2 years. What an over paid hack.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Actually 30% from 3 is he same as shooting 50% from two.
          Not exactly.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Close

Comment

• I don't think Evan Wessel is one of our best players. I think he doesn't provide much when he isn't playing with the starters.

But let me ask you this: If basketball was a 4-man game how many teams could beat Fred, Ron, Zach, and Shaq/Anton? Not very many. When you truly have outstanding players, a four-man game gives them more individual opportunities to showcase their advantages. That's the point of Wessel. Sure, I'd rather have an All-American PF. But since we don't have one, I'd rather try and win 4v4 than 5v5. Of course, I'm not trying to demean Wessel and say he provides literally nothing, or say he's such a god on defense that his man is just as invisible. it is more like 4.5 vs 4.5. But the point remains.

Why is Dennis Rodman the single best roleplayer in the history of the NBA? 4v4. He could guard incredibly well, and because he barely ever shot the ball but collected tons of rebounds and loose balls Michael Jordan, Pippen and Co. got more shots and were able to more easily stress their advantage.

Of course, Evan has the opposite result when we play him with the deep bench. Then the 4v4 usually goes the opponents way. But I don't want to deny that he makes our team better when he plays with the starters, moreso than a better/greedier player because ultimately even though Marcus can score much more easily (and will be a star someday), the baskets he shoots aren't taken from Wessel, they are taken from Fred and Ron. Senior or even sophomore McDuffie might be a much better option, but this year I want to see Fred and Ron shoot as much as possible and I want to build the team around them, and Wessel does that.

That's the end of my rant.
              Last edited by CBB_Fan; January 6, 2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Back on the topic of the Bradley game, apparently Bell broke his wrist in the game against us. So Bradley just lost their only senior for the rest of the season basically. All freshmen and sophomores now

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  khan, you've lost many fights on this board over the years. This is one you're also not gonna win. I'd recommend bowing out gracefully, save some face, and move on to something else.
                  Thank you but I do not think khan will STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                    Thank you but I do not think khan will STFU
                    STFU = "Shut the Fever up?" We should be so lucky -- what a duo they make.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      STFU = "Shut the Fever up?" We should be so lucky -- what a duo they make.
                      Why am I still in your head?

I thought I was on your ignore list for the past 5 years after you got tired of continually getting it handed to you?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                      X