Bradley Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    And he was, at best, a role player. If we had 5 Wessels, we'd have lead the Valley in defense and would not have accomplished any of those accomplishments because we'd be a middle of the pack team. With your logic, you ought to Apply to be the Texans Assintant GM. No offensive line, no running back, no qb, bet hey we have a great defense.

And that somehow validates we have a playoff team despite our 7-5 record. What odds do toy give us to win the Super Bowl?
    Khan,
    Obviously you are making a herculean effort to supplant another infamous poster on here as the resident ShockerNet J.O.
    Although you are to commended for your efforts, the infamous, yet unnamed poster has a long and dubious record for inane and retarded posts.

The unnamed poster is probably flattered by your feeble attempt to supplant him and snare his crown. However, he is the King of dumbass comments and you will never replace him.

You, on the other hand, are only making a complete and utter idiot of yourself with the constant stupid ass posts.

Therefore, put down the crack pipe, stop with the EW bashing and return to your mothers basement to wallow in anonymity.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      My question to you is, did EW screw (1) you (2) your sister or (3) your mother? What other possible motive could generate such persistent hatred?
      guessing you have hit it on the head
      Last edited by pinstripers; January 5, 2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

And he was, at best, a role player. If we had 5 Wessels, we'd have lead the Valley in defense and would not have accomplished any of those accomplishments because we'd be a middle of the pack team. With your logic, you ought to Apply to be the Texans Assintant GM. No offensive line, no running back, no qb, bet hey we have a great defense.

And that somehow validates we have a playoff team despite our 7-5 record. What odds do you give us to win the Super Bowl?
        A team of 5 Carl Halls wouldn't have made the Final Four. A team of 5 Malcolm Armsteads, Orupkes, or even Fred VanVleets wouldn't have either. Basketball requires players to fill their ROLEs. Sure, it'd be great to have an AA power forward. Without that, EW is currently our best option.

"No offensive line, no running back, no qb" Do you get mad when the offensive line ends a season with zero interceptions, too?

Comment

No, more like
          1) I have an opinion that some of you think are foolish and try to call me out on it,
          2) I get tired of all the ridiculous comments about how great EW is. If you believe that so much, quit exaggerating all his abilities on all the threads and keep your schtick to the numerous I love Evan threads here as I don't read them.

He's not great. I'm not like cdizzle. I don't want to win 90% of our games, I want to win ALL of them.
          IMO, you need to let this one go. You're not going to convince people that he's worthless because things he does aren't showing up in stats (that is after all the definition of intangibles...)

I happen to like a lot of what he brings to the table, but when you're doing this you look like you're trying to tear down a hardworking student athlete, and everyone who attempts to support him. Look at it from that angle, and is it any wonder you're getting the reaction you're describing in #1? I personally don't give a crap if you or anyone else doesn't think he's doing anything worthwhile.

Comment

And yet CF has not. A good portion of his makes were far from "open" shots. In fact, I recall two from the corner that were extremely difficult. CF has missed on most of his "wide open" shots.

Shocker offense has been pretty good the prior seasons and guess who was on the floor most of the time. EW. Here are the KenPom AdjO along with the number of games EW played:

2011-12 14th 13 games
            2012-13 30th 8 games
            2013-14 8th 35 games
            2014-15 16th 32 games
            2015-16 55th 13 games

There seems to be some correlation between EW participating and the better AdjO rating for the team.
            And You're implying that Tekele Cotton, Carl Hall and Cleanthony Early had absolutely nothing to do with this? Please tell us why?

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder how much I understand the game of basketball, relative to the general population. Despite it being my favorite sport, and my countless days spent observing and analyzing and thinking about it, I am always certain I am not among even the top 25%.

But sometimes it is nice to be reminded I am also definitely not last.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                Khan,
                Obviously you are making a herculean effort to supplant another infamous poster on here as the resident ShockerNet J.O.
                Although you are to commended for your efforts, the infamous, yet unnamed poster has a long and dubious record for inane and retarded posts.

The unnamed poster is probably flattered by your feeble attempt to supplant him and snare his crown. However, he is the King of dumbass comments and you will never replace him.

You, on the other hand, are only making a complete and utter idiot of yourself with the constant stupid ass posts.

Therefore, put down the crack pipe, stop with the EW bashing and return to your mothers basement to wallow in anonymity.

That is all.
                If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose. I don't give two shits what you think. You've already shown yourself to be a grade-A jackass on numerous occasions.

Comment

And You're implying that Tekele Cotton, Carl Hall and Cleanthony Early had absolutely nothing to do with this? Please tell us why?
                  I do not recall mentioning any of those nor can I find any reference to those when I re-read the post or read your quote of my post. But if you want to get down to winning percentage of game participated in, find a better winning percentage than EW in these five seasons and share with the SN group.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

My question to you is, did EW screw (1) you (2) your sister or (3) your mother? What other possible motive could generate such persistent hatred?
                    Or another possible solution is that he has a son, brother, nephew, cousin, etc that got schooled by EW on the basketball court in high school.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                        Or another possible solution is that he has a son, brother, nephew, cousin, etc that got schooled by EW on the basketball court in high school.
                        Or football field.

Cause, you know, seems like he basically wins at everything he ever does. But I'm also just terrible at recognizing coincidences, so it could just be that.

Comment

I do not recall mentioning any of those nor can I find any reference to those when I re-read the post or read your quote of my post. But if you want to get down to winning percentage of game participated in, find a better winning percentage than EW in these five seasons and share with the SN group.
                          Some statistics, per KenPom.

Evan trails the following in Offensive Rebound % this season (The percentage of available offensive rebounds a player gets while he is on the floor):
                          Rashard Kelly
                          Shaquille Morris
                          Zach Brown
                          Eric Hamilton
                          Anton Grady

Evan trails the following in Defensive Rebound % this season (The percentage of available defensive rebounds a player gets while he is on the floor):
                          Rauno Nurger
                          Rashard Kelly
                          Shaquille Morris
                          Markis McDuffie
                          Ron Baker
                          Eric Hamilton
                          Ty Taylor
                          Anton Grady
                          Fred VanVleet

Evan trails the following in Steal % this season (the % of possessions the player records a steal while on the court):
                          JR Simon
                          Rashard Kelly
                          Conner Frankamp
                          Shaquille Morris
                          Markis McDuffie
                          Zach Brown
                          Ron Baker
                          Ty Taylor
                          Anton Grady
                          Fred VanVleet

Also, his usage rate (the percentage of possessions where he is the final person to touch the ball) rates him as "Nearly Invisible" per KenPom for this year. I could cite a number of other statistics where he is dead last among starters and one of the lowest out of our 10 man rotation, including Offensive Rating, effective FG %, true shooting %, and block %.

Listen, Evan is a great kid and representative of the university and basketball program. He is not a great D1 basketball player. And this is a clear misapplication of correlation and causation.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Personally, I like that Evan is smart enough that his usage rate is low. We've had this ridiculous discussion before. How is Taylor's usage rate? How did that work out?

Evan knows he is playing with FVV and Ron Baker, and it is a better idea for one of them to take a marginal shot than for him to take a good shot. What Evan does best of all, perhaps of anyone in the country, is get extra possessions for those guys to use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Personally, I like that Evan is smart enough that his usage rate is low. We've had this ridiculous discussion before. How is Taylor's usage rate? How did that work out?

Evan knows he is playing with FVV and Ron Baker, and it is a better idea for one of them to take a marginal shot than for him to take a good shot. What Evan does best of all, perhaps of anyone in the country, is get extra possessions for those guys to use.
                              I agree with your assessment of Evan's usage rate, and while that is a fair argument, if he is getting extra possessions for our other guys to use, why isn't his Offensive Rebound % higher than a majority of our rotation including guards?
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                I agree with your assessment of Evan's usage rate, and while that is a fair argument, if he is getting extra possessions for our other guys to use, why isn't his Offensive Rebound % higher than a majority of our rotation including guards?
                                Honest question .. is there a loose ball collection percentage? or tie up percentage? (probably named something other than that). Those are the 2 things I see him doing more than any other player.

Comment

Working...
                                X