No announcement yet.

Which Shocker team was better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kai, can we start a thread in the Off Topic area for the lovers' quarrels. It's getting a bit tired seeing it here on every other thread.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      Hey Kai, can we start a thread in the Off Topic area for the lovers' quarrels. It's getting a bit tired seeing it here on every other thread.
      LOL, I agree, tell Fever to stop sniffing my jock. I want to have a relaxing, Fever Free Bowl Week here in Vegas. BTW Shocker Line is 14 and still up so I think the game will be played.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
        I'm not off the bandwagon but this years team is not good in the post. Put Hall and Stutz on this team and remove whoever you think are the Shocks two best players in the paint........Everything else being equal, injuries and all, this team would be better than 6-5
        Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        This is garbage logic since if we had all players healthy i would guarantee a record better than 6-5.
        Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Most of his "logic" is garbage. It's best to just stay clear of the smell.
        Sounds like @WillieJeffJeffries: needs to change the oil in his shorts...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Sounds like @WillieJeffJeffries needs to change the oil in his shorts...

LOL, Ur wrong but that was still funny....Gotta go play some blackjack.......Cold in Vegas today as well.

Comment

I'm not off the bandwagon but this years team is not good in the post. Put Hall and Stutz on this team and remove whoever you think are the Shocks two best players in the paint........Everything else being equal, injuries and all, this team would be better than 6-5
            For me, I probably take Stutz over Anton, but it's close. I really like Anton so far. I would take junior year Carl Hall over senior Wessel as our starting four. Again, it's not a landslide, though. Hall was a total beast his senior season, but his junior year he was just a great sixth man. And it's not like Carl Hall was a giant. Wessel is every inch of his 6'5" and Carl Hall was a generous 6'7". Cle was way taller.

As for 1-3, I easily take this year's team. That team had some good guard play, but when we get it clicking this year, it will be off the charts. If I had to predict what this team will look like in March vs that year's team, I think I take this year's March team.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              For me, I probably take Stutz over Anton, but it's close. I really like Anton so far. I would take junior year Carl Hall over senior Wessel as our starting four. Again, it's not a landslide, though. Hall was a total beast his senior season, but his junior year he was just a great sixth man. And it's not like Carl Hall was a giant. Wessel is every inch of his 6'5" and Carl Hall was a generous 6'7". Cle was way taller.

As for 1-3, I easily take this year's team. That team had some good guard play, but when we get it clicking this year, it will be off the charts. If I had to predict what this team will look like in March vs that year's team, I think I take this year's March team.
              I'd love to believe that Anton is nearly as good as Stutz, but so far I'm not convinced he can produce against anyone taller than 6'8". The dude just disappears against bigger guys, so far at least. Maybe he's still finding his way with a new team and against better opponents than he's used to. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how far he can go. He works hard, has a high IQ, and is a good team player, imo.
              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
              -- Pele

Comment

BTW Shocker Line is 14 and still up so I think the game will be played.
                Solid insight.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

LOL, I agree, tell Fever to stop sniffing my jock. I want to have a relaxing, Fever Free Bowl Week here in Vegas. BTW Shocker Line is 14 and still up so I think the game will be played.
                  Maybe you should just have a ShockerNet free week. Or life. Come to think of it, I like life better.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Maybe you should just have a ShockerNet free week. Or life. Come to think of it, I like life better.
                    Dude come with something better or don't come at all.

Comment

Dude come with something better or don't come at all.
                      It was a suggestion, not a d!ck. Don't take it so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        I agree. when your only contributions to the board are telling everyone that Marshall is gone to Alabama, enlightening everyone that you're a Flint Hills caddy, and mentioning a posted betting line in Vegas while everyone else knew the information 5 hours earlier, you should probably just hang it up. I'm sure others would agree. It's beyond old.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

PM's have been sent to people. Back to the topic, please.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

One thing people are overlooking is that when Grady was healthy, he didn't have Fred there to get him the ball. Now that Fred is healthy, Grady is just getting healthy. Just wait, Grady will get it done.
                            Count on it!
                            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble View Post
                              One thing people are overlooking is that when Grady was healthy, he didn't have Fred there to get him the ball. Now that Fred is healthy, Grady is just getting healthy. Just wait, Grady will get it done.
                              Count on it!
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can we please get Double Dribble to give a few people a kick to the grapefruits? there's a handful on these boards that could benefit from it. lol

I agree with the man, I don't think we've seen the best of the FVV-Anton Grady combo yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X