No announcement yet.

Which Shocker team was better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But on the topic, I think the Final 4 team was better than the NIT champs.

Early and Hall inside were better than JT, Blair and Stutz.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

By March this could be one of the best Shocker teams ever. Forget about the first 10 games. They are not indicative of the team we are going to be but they served a great purpose in getting some young guys big experience. By March when McDuffie, Hamilton, Frankamp, and Grady have learned the Marshall system AND everyone is healthy, LOOK OUT!!!
      Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble View Post
        By March this could be one of the best Shocker teams ever. Forget about the first 10 games. They are not indicative of the team we are going to be but they served a great purpose in getting some young guys big experience. By March when McDuffie, Hamilton, Frankamp, and Grady have learned the Marshall system AND everyone is healthy, LOOK OUT!!!
        Do we have a couple 6'10" guys becoming eligible in January? If not, then NO, this team is not one WSU's best ever....Luv WSU but have to keep it real and PS the '11-12 team would still smoke this years team. Nothing has happened over the last two weeks to change my opinion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
          Do we have a couple 6'10" guys becoming eligible in January? If not, then NO, this team is not one WSU's best ever....Luv WSU but have to keep it real and PS the '11-12 team would still smoke this years team. Nothing has happened over the last two weeks to change my opinion on that.
          How many lottery pick 7' centers were on that team?
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            How many lottery pick 7' centers were on that team?
            None but the post players on that team, Stutz and Hall, would punk what we have this year....

Comment

None but the post players on that team, Stutz and Hall, would punk what we have this year....
              Stutz was a stiff and Hall was 6'8"
              This year we have 2 All American senior guards (one is a 5th year), a 5th year senior 6'8" who is a proven D1 scorer, a 5th year senior garbage man aka junk yard dog, 2 6'8" athletes who have inside and outside skills, a dead eye shooter coming off the bench, and Shackwall.
              Just let them get healthy and enjoy the ride. You have not seen what this team can be. But hey, hitting a few bumps always knocks a few people off the bandwagon.
              Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Sorry. Maybe I'm the only one on here. Who really cares? It doesn't make any difference. All of these teams have been good and this year our team will be good also.

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble View Post
                  Stutz was a stiff and Hall was 6'8"
                  This year we have 2 All American senior guards (one is a 5th year), a 5th year senior 6'8" who is a proven D1 scorer, a 5th year senior garbage man aka junk yard dog, 2 6'8" athletes who have inside and outside skills, a dead eye shooter coming off the bench, and Shackwall.
                  Just let them get healthy and enjoy the ride. You have not seen what this team can be. But hey, hitting a few bumps always knocks a few people off the bandwagon.
                  I'm not off the bandwagon but this years team is not good in the post. Put Hall and Stutz on this team and remove whoever you think are the Shocks two best players in the paint........Everything else being equal, injuries and all, this team would be better than 6-5

Comment

I'm not off the bandwagon but this years team is not good in the post. Put Hall and Stutz on this team and remove whoever you think are the Shocks two best players in the paint........Everything else being equal, injuries and all, this team would be better than 6-5
                    This is garbage logic since if we had all players healthy i would guarantee a record better than 6-5.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Otherwise I rank them:

1. 2013-14 Team. Great consistency all season (35-1). Great Defensive team and very good offensively. If they get by Kentucky, who know where they go. This was just a fun, fun time.
                      2. 2012-13 Team. Defensive ability made up for their lack of offense. Injuries disrupted them finding their roles and consistency, but it all came together for the Final 4 run.
                      3. 2011-12 Team. Best offensive shocker team - almost had 6 players in averaging double figures. Best 3pt shooting team. 2 of their 6 losses were in OT. Unfortunate they drew VCU.
                      4. 2014-15 Team. Another great defensive team, but offense was probably the 3rd best of this period mainly do to lack of depth as far as scorers (4 deep). Will always be remember for their KU victory.
                      5. 2015-16 Team. Work in progress - worst 3pt shooting team than any of these teams. Worst defending team at this point giving up 65 ppg and 43% shooting. Future is cloudy, but it not how you start but how you finish.
                      I mostly agree with this order, except I would squeeze the 2010-11 NIT into the #4 slot and bump the other two down. We were a well-oiled machine during that post-season run! If only we'd been playing in that other tournament...
                      "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                      -- Pele

Comment

This is garbage logic since if we had all players healthy i would guarantee a record better than 6-5.
                        Most of his "logic" is garbage. It's best to just stay clear of the smell.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                          I mostly agree with this order, except I would squeeze the 2010-11 NIT into the #4 slot and bump the other two down. We were a well-oiled machine during that post-season run! If only we'd been playing in that other tournament...
                          elite 8

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                            I agree with this as well. The 2015-16 team is still a work in progress and capable of more if we can get healthy and get consistent post contributions.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Thats why I said every thing else being equal...injuries and all...jeez....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Most of his "logic" is garbage. It's best to just stay clear of the smell.
                                ....And Fever you have let the fact that I had sex with your wife go brother. I was drunk and feeling charitable and she was easy...spit happens..now forgive her and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X