Life without Fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    You saw a team that had to adjust on they fly without Fred and without a star pupil in Landy.

Let's wait and see what the team looks like once they have a full offseason to prepare.
    You think Landry is being groomed as a point?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      I too think about this, however many teams around the country that don't have Fred are doing just fine.
      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
        After seeing life without Fred. I'm concerned about life without Fred.
        And you should be. I say as much to Senora del Rio, after every game.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          And you should be. I say as much to Senora del Rio, after every game.
          It has been an absolute pleasure to watch his journey as the greatest point guard in WSU history.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
            I'm just saying I'm concerned. Hopefully it will play out and someone steps up or develop. But right now it's ugly.
            it will be the Smith and Lament show with guest host Frankamp and Brown...not utterly worried

Comment

Ideally, Shamet would have been healthy all season long. If he had been, it would have been a similar setup when FVV was learning from Mr. Armstead. A full year of playing behind a terrific guard and gaining invaluable in-game experience. Unfortunately, the chips didn't fall that way and Shamet's learning curve has been extended. Our guard play is not something I'm fearing next year. Is this program going to have quality post players next season is the real question.

Comment

Life without Fred was a surprise. We had one guard ineligible first semester and two freshman guards. Next year life without Fred will be lot different. A full off season to prepare for the season with out Fred and Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  Waaay to early. We have a number of candidates to replace Fred; it's too early to blanketly declare all of them incapable of a)mimicking his role and b)improving their initial play
                  Although I get what you're saying, I don't think a guy like FVV can be replaced. It would take a lot to fill his shoes. Once the underclassmen get some confidence under their belt, and of course Conner, things will be looking up. I can see next season being a bit of a rebuild, and yes, we'll eventually have someone fill Fred's spot, but he definitely has to rank in the top 10 WSU players of all time, IMHO

Comment

I'm thankful that we still have Fred will worry about not having him in April, May, June, July...

Comment

Forget Fred. I've already moved on to worrying about what life will be like post CJ Keyser. I mean jeez he might be the best shocker player ever but he's going to graduate four years after he gets here. And Marshall hasn't even recruited a single player for the class of 2020. Talk about recruiting holes.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        It has been an absolute pleasure to watch his journey as the greatest point guard in WSU history.
                        Without a doubt and it could be argued one of the greatest players period.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Keep in mind many questioned Fred's ability to take over as starting point guard his sophomore year.

That worked out ok.

Not saying we have another Fred waiting in the wings but it will be a long time before anyone else has to be the starting point guard as long as Fred is healthy. Lots of time to prepare and develop players.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

We will not have another Fred next year (if ever), but we should have Daishon Smith, Conner Frankamp, Ty Taylor II, and possibly Landry Shamet and/or CJ Keyser ready to make an impact at the 1. Shamet, Frankamp, Brown, and McDuffie will certainly be nice wing players and Shaq plus Willis in the post has me picking the Shockers for another Valley title in 2017.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Fred is a Shocker HOF'r. But maybe Fred clears the path for other talented players to choose WSU after him
                              Phi Alpha

Comment

Nobody is EVER going to wear #23 again.

That being said, Fred's contributions OFF the court, the way he's handled himself, the attention he's brought to the city as well as the University and the impact he's had on the young (and frankly, old) people around here can't be measured. And these things FAR exceed his incredible on the court accomplishments.

Comment

Working...
                                X