Life without Fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life without Fred

After seeing life without Fred. I'm concerned about life without Fred.

We'll have to do some things a little differently, yes, but I think we have enough talent that we'll be fine.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
        Waaay to early. We have a number of candidates to replace Fred; it's too early to blanketly declare all of them incapable of a)mimicking his role and b)improving their initial play

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
            Waaay to early. We have a number of candidates to replace Fred; it's too early to blanketly declare all of them incapable of a)mimicking his role and b)improving their initial play
            I'm just saying I'm concerned. Hopefully it will play out and someone steps up or develop. But right now it's ugly.

Comment

You saw a team that had to adjust on they fly without Fred and without a star pupil in Landy.

Let's wait and see what the team looks like once they have a full offseason to prepare.
              The Assman

Comment

Also of note, when you lose a player to graduation, you get their scholarship, giving you one more shot at a player to replace them.

That doesn't happen with injury.

I'm not worried.

Comment

We made it to the Final Four with Fred as a backup point guard. Replacing the Fred/Ron combination, which I think works together to make them both better, will be very difficult but if we are going to be the program we want and believe we can be we need to reload and move on with whatever pieces 3G is able to put together. If we didn't think 3G was capable of doing that then we should never have paid him the big bucks. We will certainly be different, but no reason to think we won't be successful as long at 3G is at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                    I don't think ol skool was declaring them incapable, but was saying that replacing an All-American point guard will be difficult.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      I don't think ol skool was declaring them incapable, but was saying that replacing an All-American point guard will be difficult.
                      This is true. I don't think you can replace him per se, but I'm not worried about next year.

Comment

The Season we were picked 4th in the Valley and made the Final 4 was interesting. We had several key injuries that Season and adversity was steep. We got hit hard with graduation that Season but surprised the world with a Final 4 appearance. Last Season we were Cle-less and made the Sweet 16 and defeated Indiana and KU.

This Season, we lost 2 graduated starters in Cotton and Carter with unexpected key injuries early on. Of interest to me will be Shaq and Grady inside. Shaq is looking better and leads our team in FG % at .575 according to Goshockers.com today. FVV and Baker will be a joy to witness every game from here. We never had 2 All American guards on our team at the same time. Enjoy!!! Grady has some positive motive in all of this with a dream to Dance. Will it all come together? Of course!!!

Now about next Season without FVV and Baker? Stay tuned because we have much of this Season coming upon us sooner than later with talented new players still developing and more coming for next Season. One last thought. A speciality of 3G is bringing in stud guards for us. We may have to do things by committee, but I'm not stressing about guards. Hannah was good but here came Rags. Rags was good but in walked Armstud. Armstud was good and Baker and FVV joined him for the Final 4 Season.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Don't forget that they will be able to take an overseas trip next year to help get ready since they skipped taking a trip this year.

Comment

I too think about this, however many teams around the country that don't have Fred are doing just fine.

Comment

We had a couple pretty good JUCO PGs before Fred. We haven't had any JUCO PGs during Fred. We have a JUCO PG coming in after Fred. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X