Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Nobody is EVER going to wear #23 again.

That being said, Fred's contributions OFF the court, the way he's handled himself, the attention he's brought to the city as well as the University and the impact he's had on the young (and frankly, old) people around here can't be measured. And these things FAR exceed his incredible on the court accomplishments.
    Greatest collegiate ambassador for WSU; without question!
    Livin the dream

Comment

WSU will never have another FVV. The good news is NO ONE will ever have another FVV.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        We will not have another Fred next year (if ever), but we should have Daishon Smith, Conner Frankamp, Ty Taylor II, and possibly Landry Shamet and/or CJ Keyser ready to make an impact at the 1. Shamet, Frankamp, Brown, and McDuffie will certainly be nice wing players and Shaq plus Willis in the post has me picking the Shockers for another Valley title in 2017.
        I wouldn't be leaving Hamilton out of that mix.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          I wouldn't be leaving Hamilton out of that mix.
          It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Mr.Hamilton could emerge into some match-up rotation scenarios this Season as well. I like his spunk as he continues the learning curve of the Marshall Plan. This Plan is not a sprint but a marathon of higher learning of adjusting into your individual role in the concept of team-play. I like his upside and patience and toil must become his virtue.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Now what I like is life with Fred and Baker. Both All Americans that on the court play in unison and excel together like peas and carrots, yin and yang, JD and coke, cheese and crackers, warm cookies and milk, turkey and the fixins, peaches and creme, ham and beans with cornbread, pecan pie and whipped cream, etc. etc. etc. Now I'm getting hungry.

A shining moment for them and Shocker basketball was their dynamic duo contributions on the court in our Final 4 Trek. When the curtains were going down for that epic Season to remember, we witnessed them walking embraced as true friends and teammates that were both only Freshmen. I remember us on SN expressing elation as we looked ahead to them becoming Seniors together some fine day and the triumphs we would enjoy along the way. For a period of time, we remember the tension of their returning this Season and if 3G was still going to be the WSU coach. It's all good and the show must go on.

So here we are as the rest of this Shocker story unfolds. Relax and enjoy the Holidays because this rodeo is far from over. Much of the adversity is behind us now. We scratched and clawed to 6-5, fell out of the national rankings, soon to enter another Valley Race. Are the Shocks yet satisfied? Not with life with FVV and Baker leading the way. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the future we were all pointing to when life with Fred and Baker began here in Shocker basketball to the 'here and now' we dreamed about. How will this script roll out from here? History points to great chances of a good ending. To be continued.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              Keep in mind many questioned Fred's ability to take over as starting point guard his sophomore year.

That worked out ok.

Not saying we have another Fred waiting in the wings but it will be a long time before anyone else has to be the starting point guard as long as Fred is healthy. Lots of time to prepare and develop players.
              With the Shocker career assist record having been broken twice in the last 4 years, I think Coach will fine another diamond in the rough as he has with Murry and VanVleet...we'll be just fine. Fred's record will probably stand for quite some time, but we will rock on.

Comment

There are things put up on tees to hit, and then there are things put up on tees to hit. The title of this thread places a huge softball on a tee. As an Omaha resideng, I've sat quiet, waiting for the perfect reply. I didnt want to be a dick. The perfect reply has nothing to do with the content of the thread, it just needed to happen. It never came. So..... Without further ado, the following is the obvious reply to any thread titled "Life without ..."

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

By the way, JJ Clamdip told me that as a freshman in high school, this was his favorite song. He got his first hicky slow dancing to this after he scored his first touchdown playing in his first varsity football game.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    By the way, JJ Clamdip told me that as a freshman in high school, this was his favorite song. He got his first hicky slow dancing to this after he scored his first touchdown playing in his first varsity football game.
                    That's quite a touchdown celebration for our ole' buddy JJ...congrats!!!

Comment

Now that is a stretch on so many levels. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        We will not have another Fred next year (if ever), but we should have Daishon Smith, Conner Frankamp, Ty Taylor II, and possibly Landry Shamet and/or CJ Keyser ready to make an impact at the 1. Shamet, Frankamp, Brown, and McDuffie will certainly be nice wing players and Shaq plus Willis in the post has me picking the Shockers for another Valley title in 2017.
                        I only see Smith and Shamet making a impact at the one...the others are the potential equivalent to Ron at the one...

Comment

We will be good at basketball with Gregg as our coach.
                          THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

There are things put up on tees to hit, and then there are things put up on tees to hit. The title of this thread places a huge softball on a tee. As an Omaha resideng, I've sat quiet, waiting for the perfect reply. I didnt want to be a dick. The perfect reply has nothing to do with the content of the thread, it just needed to happen. It never came. So..... Without further ado, the following is the obvious reply to any thread titled "Life without ..."

https://youtu.be/ZrUN4EV9Yvo
                            A shout out to MoValley John for getting us back on track. We can all meet here again a year from today on Christmas 2016 and play this blue song, Blue Christmas by Elvis, and discuss the blue sky falling because life without Fred is just blue. The big boys will line up to play us then, even at 21st and Hillside. I might even pick us to lose a game on a prediction thread? Let me think. No, I predict even being blue does not have to cause me change my methodical modes.

As for now, we got Fred on our side along with Baker who are the best 1-2 guard punch in Div. 1 basketball. Thus, we are as kewl as cucumbers on a turnip truck. Next Season will take care of itself. I feel it already in my ole bones.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                              I only see Smith and Shamet making a impact at the one...the others are the potential equivalent to Ron at the one...
                              Maybe.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

From time to time, I like to watch that wonderful game against ISUr, where we were down seven points, with forty-one seconds left. Tekele got kicked in the chest, Carl Hall imposed his beastly will, and the good guys won! FVV was a freshman, and was backup point guard. There were a couple of times that he dribbled himself into a corner and got trapped. It's kind of shocking to see that now. In addition to being a wonderfully gifted player, he's benefitted from some topnotch coaching these last three years. We have to keep in mind that the young guys coming up will be getting that same great training. Hopefully they'll use it as well as Fred has.

Comment

Working...
                                X