2016 MVC vs. MWC Challenge schedule set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Should be tickets available since the kids should be home for break or damn near gone. Thinking a 5 day trip would be nice and easy. A day in the Springs and one in Denver and then a day where ever and a couple in Ft Collins.
    I don't think students will be gone on December 3rd.

Comment

9 of the 10 games will be played tomorrow. Good chance for the Valley to earn some decent wins.

Boise State @ Evansville (1 PM) [ESPN3]
      UNI @ Wyoming (2 PM)
      Fresno State @ Drake (2 PM) [ESPN3]
      San Diego State @ Loyola (3 PM) [ESPN3]
      WSU @ Colorado State (4 PM) [CBSSN]
      New Mexico @ Illinois State (7 PM) [ESPN3]
      Nevada @ Bradley (7 PM) [ESPN3]
      Missouri State @ Air Force (8 PM)
      Indiana State @ Utah State (8 PM)

And then on December 19...
      SIU @ UNLV (9 PM)

Comment

5-5 tie for this years challenge. SIU lost 61-68 @ UNLV last night.

Last year they announced matchups on December 22, so we could be seeing next years games announced soon. I think it's about time they assign us San Diego State, I know they've been down this year but Fisher will get them going. Boise State should have a good squad as well. Nevada will win the league this year, but loses Marcus Marshall and another star player.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          5-5 tie for this years challenge. SIU lost 61-68 @ UNLV last night.

Last year they announced matchups on December 22, so we could be seeing next years games announced soon. I think it's about time they assign us San Diego State, I know they've been down this year but Fisher will get them going. Boise State should have a good squad as well. Nevada will win the league this year, but loses Marcus Marshall and another star player.
          SDSU and WSU are in for a home game next year so one of them will have to give up a home game for them to meet. Frankly, I don't foresee that happening. Therefore, look for an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            SDSU and WSU are in for a home game next year so one of them will have to give up a home game for them to meet. Frankly, I don't foresee that happening. Therefore, look for an alternative.
            And it's the same reason why those whiny bitches from UNLV will never get a home game from WSU.

The commentators from the SIU UNLV game actually made a subtle reference about it. Man can you say butthurt?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Since they do this in a two-year cycle (and the recent Colorado State game was in the second year of the current cycle), couldn't the teams be reshuffled again for next year's games? If it meant getting a quality opponent (or at least a great travel location...and in that case, Vegas or Whale's Vajayjay are my picks), I wouldn't mind going on the road next year.
              78-65

Comment

Often, people on here are willing to give away home games. That isn't a practice for power teams and I put WSU in that category. Teams with a lower brand and struggling to break into the upper tier give up home dates to be forever lost. Nevada seems to be on the way up and a more likely possibility to me.

Comment

I could do San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I could do San Diego
                    Good thing this isn't a Syracuse because they never go anywhere and you'd just be stuck. Is Hawaii next year?

Comment

Often, people on here are willing to give away home games. That isn't a practice for power teams and I put WSU in that category. Teams with a lower brand and struggling to break into the upper tier give up home dates to be forever lost. Nevada seems to be on the way up and a more likely possibility to me.
                      Unless you are referring to something else, how would we be giving away a home game? This conference challenge is a two-year cycle where teams will play a home game one year and a road game the other year. If we do switch up and play on the road next season, that would just mean that we would play at home in the 2018-19 season. Not sure why it is an issue whether we play home-road or road-home.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        Unless you are referring to something else, how would we be giving away a home game? This conference challenge is a two-year cycle where teams will play a home game one year and a road game the other year. If we do switch up and play on the road next season, that would just mean that we would play at home in the 2018-19 season. Not sure why it is an issue whether we play home-road or road-home.
                        Stop with the logic. There is no place for it on this board!
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          You may be right but it all depends on other contracts. Home and road games are balanced and we know we play more home games than road games. Where are we with St. Louis and Tulsa? It sounded to me as if we want to continue these contracts. Are we on the first year of a two year contract? If so, we will be going on the road there next year. I know we are going to OSU and OU is coming to IBA. So I'm not sure if we can go the road this year to CSU and then again on the road next year to SDSU.

Comment

You may be right but it all depends on other contracts. Home and road games are balanced and we know we play more home games than road games. Where are we with St. Louis and Tulsa? It sounded to me as if we want to continue these contracts. Are we on the first year of a two year contract? If so, we will be going on the road there next year. I know we are going to OSU and OU is coming to IBA. So I'm not sure if we can go the road this year to CSU and then again on the road next year to SDSU.
                            Fair point. This was the last year for SLU. We could conceivably ask to have another game in Wichita to start it again. Tulsa started here in 2010, so we owe them a road game to even that back up.
                            78-65

Comment

Musselman has a good thing going at Nevada and they should still be good even without Marshall and Fenner next year. They would be my choice with San Diego State or New Mexico close behind.

Comment

Mark Anderson Verified account 
                                ‏@markanderson65
                                #UNLVmbb scheduled to play at No Iowa next season as part of MW-Missouri Valley Challenge. Officials hope Wichita St visits in 2018. #RJnow

Comment

Working...
                                X