2016 MVC vs. MWC Challenge schedule set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 MVC vs. MWC Challenge schedule set

I don't know what CSU is supposed to look like next year, but I could see the Valley easily going 2-8, and possibly 1-9. 0-10 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Gina Clavell is a senior and that is a huge relief, that kid can ball. CSU has a lot of juniors and seniors.

Speaking of, didn't the MW win this year 6-4? That's a better showing from the Valley then I expected.

Comment

I don't believe CSU is expected to be much better than this year, just based on what I hear from the few people I know that still follow their program. Ft. Collins could be a fun road trip though as long as you don't get caught in a blizzard.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

While anything can happen, I see the MWC having a 4-0 advantage before any games tip-off. Those games are:

Boise @ UE (No Mock, Balentine)
          Nevada @ Bradley (BU still very young, two talented MVC transfers - Marshall, Caroline - eligible for Nevada)
          UNM @ ISU (No Akoon-Purcell)
          SIU @ UNLV (With no Beane, rest of team will struggle to score)

Comment

Great, a road game at elevation against a team who is good enough to snipe us but whom we will get no credit for beating.

I love the concept of the MWC-MVC Challenge but jfc just pair us with San Diego State every year please and quit giving us the "well, we anticipate they'll improve 80+ spots on last year's RPI" opponents.

Comment

I so wish we were on the opposite rotation. Getting UNLV at home was nice, but I would personally much rather that be a road game. My wish list for the challenge would be to play the following four games.

@ UNLV
              @ New Mexico
              San Diego State at home
              Boise State at home

Unfortunately with the way the rotation is set up we will only get to play one of those schools. Our opponents will likely be very weak in years 3 & 4 of this challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                I don't believe CSU is expected to be much better than this year, just based on what I hear from the few people I know that still follow their program. Ft. Collins could be a fun road trip though as long as you don't get caught in a blizzard.
                You'd say that about any place in Colorado, you crazy weed-eater!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  You'd say that about any place in Colorado, you crazy weed-eater!
                  Haha. Actually I grew up in CO and went to college at UNC (Northern Colorado). It's only about 30 minutes from Ft. Collins. All along I-25 (I think it is) up into Wyoming gets some nasty wind, so it doesn't take much snow to get ugly out there.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Is this MWC-MVC thing seeded like a tournament or something, with the MWC by random default getting the high seeds, and the MVC by random default getting the low seeds? Sure seems like it is setup to matchup the best MWC with the worst MVC, and on down the line.

CSU in Fort Collins? What an effing complete waste of time. I'd rather just have more home buy games against the NMSU's of the world.

My loathing of the Valley continues. Go go Bardo.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Is this MWC-MVC thing seeded like a tournament or something, with the MWC by random default getting the high seeds, and the MVC by random default getting the low seeds? Sure seems like it is setup to matchup the best MWC with the worst MVC, and on down the line.

CSU in Fort Collins? What an effing complete waste of time. I'd rather just have more home buy games against the NMSU's of the world.

My loathing of the Valley continues. Go go Bardo.
                      Note I do not know whether you drink beer or not, but if you do, there are a number of nice breweries in the area, most notably New Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Great, a road game at elevation against a team who is good enough to snipe us but whom we will get no credit for beating.

I love the concept of the MWC-MVC Challenge but jfc just pair us with San Diego State every year please and quit giving us the "well, we anticipate they'll improve 80+ spots on last year's RPI" opponents.
                        Don't bet on this. They play 9, 6 most of the time. Of those 6, current seniors are 1, 2, 5, 6 in scoring / 1, 2, 4, 6 in minutes, / 2, 3, 4, 5 in rebounding / 1, 3, 4, 6 in 3% / 1 (he is 6th in 3%), 3, 4, 6 in FG%.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          Note I do not know whether you drink beer or not, but if you do, there are a number of nice breweries in the area, most notably New Belgium.
                          Probably won't be the best time of year to travel to Ft. Collins, but the area is craft brew heaven. While NB give the best brewery tour by far, there are MANY other breweries with better brews.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Probably won't be the best time of year to travel to Ft. Collins, but the area is craft brew heaven. While NB give the best brewery tour by far, there are MANY other breweries with better brews.
                            I've been itching to make a trip out there and do a brewery crawl: Ft. Collins Brewery, New Belgium, Odell. New Beligum is actually by far my favorite out of those, primarily due to their Lips of Faith series, and specifically their sour beers.

I'll probably just have to make it out their next year when the weather is nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                              I've been itching to make a trip out there and do a brewery crawl: Ft. Collins Brewery, New Belgium, Odell. New Beligum is actually by far my favorite out of those, primarily due to their Lips of Faith series, and specifically their sour beers.

I'll probably just have to make it out their next year when the weather is nicer.
                              NB's Lips of Faith series has been very hit and miss for me. I think they try to make too many. Ya like sours, try Funkwerks. Black Bottle is great for big brews and IPAs including top brews from other brewers on tap; about 40 if I remember right. For the first time, Odell has bottled a few brews that were not to their old standards. They will usually have brews on tap that will never be bottled that are better than many NB does bottle (IMHO).

Comment

Working...
                              X