No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Nevada Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I predict this is the game we see the Grady/Frankamp impact we expected in the preseason.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      I predict this is the game we see the Grady/Frankamp impact we expected in the preseason.
      Thankfully we have 4 "easier" games coming up to start integrate them and work on our fundamentals. We haven't had a string of this many non-power teams yet this year. Nevada, NMSU, Drake,@ Bradley. Then we get tested against vs Evansville.

Comment

30 and 10 between the two?
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

mussleman is a good coach (did his dad coach the cavaliers years ago?). they really shook up the shockers in the nit (2009?). the wolfpack will probbaly be playing free and easy. loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Thankfully we have 4 "easier" games coming up to start integrate them and work on our fundamentals. We haven't had a string of this many non-power teams yet this year. Nevada, NMSU, Drake,@ Bradley. Then we get tested against vs Evansville.
            If the players don't see it the way you do, I'm with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              If the players don't see it the way you do, I'm with ya.
              I agree with you.

Now to semi-off-topic: What has happened to our post play? I seem to remember last year, a lot more possessions began with some sort of entry pass to a big. Often times it would get kicked back out, but other times they would at east try to make a move. I also don't see many pick and rolls or picks and down low dishes, like we did last year. It seems our offense tends to just circle it around the outside. If we do drive, we end up just throwing up a circus shot rather than trying to draw a defender off a big and dishing. Are the bigs not in the right spots? Or are the guards just trying to do too much? This may have a little bit of a recency bias because thats how the SHU game went, but I don't see a lot of post play at all. Not just failed post play, but no attempt to even get it down there.

Comment

WSU 78
                Nev 65
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  WSU 78
                  Nev 65
                  Winner
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Game day. Win at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I agree with you.

Now to semi-off-topic: What has happened to our post play? I seem to remember last year, a lot more possessions began with some sort of entry pass to a big. Often times it would get kicked back out, but other times they would at east try to make a move. I also don't see many pick and rolls or picks and down low dishes, like we did last year. It seems our offense tends to just circle it around the outside. If we do drive, we end up just throwing up a circus shot rather than trying to draw a defender off a big and dishing. Are the bigs not in the right spots? Or are the guards just trying to do too much? This may have a little bit of a recency bias because thats how the SHU game went, but I don't see a lot of post play at all. Not just failed post play, but no attempt to even get it down there.
                      It isn't a recency bias. We have played 3 good-excellent inside teams the last 3 games, but the issue is definitely there.

What I didn't understand is Shaq started off really well against Seton Hall, but we went away from him pretty quickly. I'm not sure if foul trouble took out us out of rhythm or if they made adjustments.
                      Last edited by Heinro; December 22, 2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looks like Big Bush is not going to play. Back must still be hurting.

Comment

Bush out and Paul Janssen refereeing. UGH!

Comment

Bush out and Paul Janssen refereeing. UGH!
                              I'll take a Grady for Bush swap.

Unrelated note. The Shocker Sports timeline wall at Koch looks great. Really well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X