Utah game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
    Overall 40% from 3 was great...44% from floor not so great and 50% from the line just plain sux. The way we are playing defense tho!!!!! who cares...WINNING UGLY
    Great team win...
    I just don't understand how you can claim this game was "WINNING UGLY". That game was far from ugly, and in fact was a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; December 14, 2015, 03:16 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Flew in from Vegas to watch this game and so glad I did. First game I've seen downtown and a great game it was. We have a really good mix of youth and experience which is going to make for a hell of a year. Everyone in our section (me included) couldn't wait for Frankamp to finally get that first bucket, and boy did the crowd respond when he did. Great experience for this long time Shocker junkie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
        Its been a very good week for our Shocks, we have our QB back and Conner is getting his first action in over a year. Slowly but surely we are getting our team back together, although we still are missing our starting post, and one of our top recruits who showed early that he will indeed be a star for this team.

We knew going into the week this would be two important games, really must haves to get things going in the right direction. Mission accomplished. Both games the defense was through the roof and the youngsters are starting to gain confidence and are starting to be major contributors.

Zach Brown has put really solid back to back games and is showing us the player we saw glimses of last year. He has really picked it up on defense and seems to be gaining confidence in his shot again, it was just a matter of time.

Markis Mcduffie, along with Brown was a difference maker today, what a game. He has the range to stretch a defense and his defense with that long wing-span and his quickness really was on display not only today, but also against UNLV. He will be the next big star at WSU. What a get he is for Marshall and the Shockers.

This years version of the Three Headed Monster has been rounding into form over the last three to four games. I thought the last two games especially we have seen some good play and Morris, Nurger and Wamakota seem to be complimenting each others game very nicely. Morris with the muscle, Wam Bam with his length and quickness, and Nurger with his skills and good hands around the basket.

Good to see Conner hit a few shots late and the excitement from the bench was great to see, these guys really do care for each other and it shows. That three will no doubt be the first of many to come.

Ron and Fred had really solid, all round games but with the support they got today they didn't have to try to do it all, and that is a very good sighn. Evan hit a few early threes to get us rolling, and played his usual solid game, he seems to have stepped it up since Orlando.

Overall todays game has been our best of the year, shooting, defense, turnovers. 25 points off turn-overs, and we only had three turnovers...wow.

Now we get a week off to get ready for Seton Hall. No time to leet up, lets get this Shocker Train rolling and keep shoveling the coal in that engine....choo choo
        Go Shocks.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Thanks Ricky!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I just don't understand how you can claim this game was "WINNING UGLY". That game was far from ugly, and in fact was a thing a of beauty.
            Indeed. The UNLV game was ugly as **** though

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              Indeed. The UNLV game was ugly as **** though

Yes, no argument there.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I just don't understand how you can claim this game was "WINNING UGLY". That game was far from ugly, and in fact was a thing a of beauty.
                Don't question the guy that's bankrolling the entire athletic department.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Don't question the guy that's bankrolling the entire athletic department.
                  This isn't directed at Fever BTW

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

No argument from me, sometimes ugly is beautiful...still need to shoot better

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It should b, that boy has issues

Comment

the unlv game was a thing of beauty too. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                          It should b, that boy has issues
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Hilarious shock. Fever is the ONLY poster here it fits. Like a glove btw.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shocker85
                              "The average age of the IBA crowd is much, much lower as well. The atmosphere can be electric there. "

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Source? 
                              I believe it is lower because most of the 7000 to 8000 new people who attend IBA are not only younger but many young families. They just aren't at a point in life yet where they can afford a large SASO contribution and the season ticket prices to attend games at the roundhouse.

You can see it by just walking around the concourse at IBA it is definitely a younger crowd than the typical roundhouse crowd. The people sitting in our section at IBA were all much younger than me.

It is great and I would like to see us do another game or even 2 more a year at IBA. We are 6-0 there, so you can't say that it would hurt our team to play a couple more games a year there.
                              Last edited by shocker3; December 13, 2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                Anybody else think this may have a little something to do with having one of the best scouting report guys in the country back on the staff?
                                Somebody should call the coach's show and ask about that, I'm curious how that's helped things.

Comment

Working...
                                X