Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Spot on........would like to see it least one more game a year there
    CKA does seem more intimidating than Intrust, but it's always fun walking around downtown before and after the game. I wouldn't mind a second one every year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Thanks.
      @Eric:

Dlinkirect

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
        And if the game had been played in Utah the Utes would of been favored by 4....so whats ur point? It's ESPN, anytime the higher ranked team loses they call it an "upset"...they don't care about point spreads....It must suk to go thru life with a chip on ur shoulder...RELAX
        Mr. Hypocrite says hi to the last sentence.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          Thanks, Rosewood. What is crazy is Fred starts cheering (begging) before Conner even gets to the spot he shots from. Just amazing anticipation!
          Fred is a Coach both on and off the court. At our Tourney after Shaq was benched, FVV who was injured yet still sitting right next to Shaq and helping him understand how the cow ate the cabbage. Why? He wants Shaq to help our Shockers win and is a leader on all fronts. Yesterday, Shaq was defending the Utah star and assisted on defense in keeping his numbers to a mild roar. Our players ROI rises in value in terms of results when FVV is on the court.

The picture in today's Wichita Eagle of FVV laying on the floor looking up at Wessel and Baker as they are all grinning is a picture that speaks 1000 plus volumes of positive words of the close-knit group of Seniors and leaders that have led our Program to new and improved heights.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by UteShocker View Post
            Would like to heartily thank Wichita State for showing how much we miss Delon. Last year, the backcourt matchup was deemed a toss-up in pre-game, and ours played good enough to win.

This year, the matchup of backcourts would've been scored KO 1 for WSU. If Utah could've made that equal, it would've had a great chance to win (second most surprising statline was vastly outtripping WSU at the line; that kind of disparity is what road teams often need but rarely get to win against equal/better teams). But WSU's superiority at guard resulted in the lopsided turnover number and Poeltl getting so few touches.

Of course Utah is better than they showed tonight, but a lot of that was because of WSU's defense. It's not like tonight's effort came out of the blue -- we've all been seeing that for years out of a Marshall-coached team. The 34 FGAs Utah attempted was a season-low by 14 shots.

I'm really worried about facing Duke next week. If our guards -- especially Brandon Taylor -- don't get things settled quick, it's going to be 35-point loss ugly.
            Your back court will be better for having competed against Fred and Ron. GO GET THOSE DAMN DOOKIES!!!
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              Really got to hand it to the coaching staff for their game-plans against Poeltl.

In two full games, he looked like an AA for about a 2:30 stretch in the first half of the first game, scoring 8 points in that span.

In the other 64.5 minutes Poeltl has played against WSU, he scored 15 points on four baskets.
              Anybody else think this may have a little something to do with having one of the best scouting report guys in the country back on the staff?

Comment

• What's Baker saying/gesturing to the crowd at the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Thanks, Rosewood. What is crazy is Fred starts cheering (begging) before Conner even gets to the spot he shots from. Just amazing anticipation!
                  I'm sure it's because Conner has done that a time or two in practice to Fred.

Comment

• Was this picture by Travis Heying of the Eagle taken at the time the crowd was concerned Fred might have re-injured himself?

121215wsu_th15%20(2).jpg

If so, I guess we couldn't see what was really happening at the time. This pic is priceless of this special threesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Was this picture by Travis Heying of the Eagle taken at the time the crowd was concerned Fred might have re-injured himself?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3180[/ATTACH]

If so, I guess we couldn't see what was really happening at the time. This pic is priceless of this special threesome.
                      Looks like Fred is doing his best Cuba Gooding Jr. from Jerry McGuire impression. "Just let me enjoy this"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Mr. Hypocrite says hi to the last sentence.
                        LOL, Ok there "skippy"

Comment

• Utah out rebounded us by 4. We put up 25, twenty-five, XXV more shots. DUH!
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            I woke up this morning thinking about the defense we've played the last two games. Where were these guys in Florida? With this type of defense we would have certainly had a different outcome in the Sunshine State. The power of positive thinking?
                            IMHO, it's because we don't just play "try harder" defense. We play a skilled defense that takes a ton of communication, practice, and a coordinator on the floor. It just takes time for newcomers to know when to call switches, how far to tuck in or spread out, when it's safe to try and pick off a pass, when to delay or when to deny, etc. We simply had too many newcomers and not enough experience on the court in Orlando to pull it off.

When it clicks, our defense is a thing of beauty.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• impressive win!:wsu_posters:
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Was this picture by Travis Heying of the Eagle taken at the time the crowd was concerned Fred might have re-injured himself?

That pic was taken with about 3 min left. After another Shocker steal, Fred drove the lane and was fouled hard on a missed fast break layup. He went to the ground and all three had a good laugh after a hard days work....Happened right in front of us...Go Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                                X