• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Good thoughts, Blackmag, but remember one word: "paragraphs."
    I scrolled past and didn't read because of the lack of spacing

Comment

• I woke up this morning thinking about the defense we've played the last two games. Where were these guys in Florida? With this type of defense we would have certainly had a different outcome in the Sunshine State. The power of positive thinking?
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
        Its been a very good week for our Shocks, we have our QB back and Conner is getting his first action in over a year. Slowly but surely we are getting our team back together, although we still are missing our starting post, and one of our top recruits who showed early that he will indeed be a star for this team We knew going into the week this would be two important games, really must haves to get things going in the right direction. Mission accomplished. Both games the defense was through the roof and the youngsters are starting to gain confidence and are starting to be major contributors. Zach Brown has put really solid back to back games and is showing us the player we saw glimses of last year. He has really picked it up on defense and seems to be gaining confidence in his shot again, it was just a matter of time. Markis Mcduffie, along with Brown was a difference maker today, what a game. He has the range to stretch a defense and his defense with that long wing-span and his quickness really was on display not only today, but also against UNLV. He will be the next big star at WSU. What a get he is for Marshall and the Shockers. This years version of the Three Headed Monster has been rounding into form over the last three to four games. I thought the last two games especially we have seen some good play and Morris, Nurger and Wamakota seem to be complimenting each others game very nicely. Morris with the muscle, Wam Bam with his length and quickness, and Nurger with his skills and good hands around the basket. Good to see Conner hit a few shots late and the excitement from the bench was great to see, these guys really do care for each other and it shows. That three will no doubt be the first of many to come. Ron and Fred had really solid, all round games but with the support they got today they didn't have to try to do it all, and that is a very good sighn. Evan hit a few early threes to get us rolling, and played his usual solid game, he seems to have stepped it up since Orlando. Overall todays game has been our best of the year, shooting, defense, turnovers. 25 points off turn-overs, and we only had three turnovers...wow. Now we get a week off to get ready for Seton Hall. No time to leet up, lets get this Shocker Train rolling and keep shoveling the coal in that engine....choo choo
        I think you're grossly undervaluing Shaq's contributions the last 2 games, especially the job he did against Poetll yesterday. Go back and watch the game. The run Poetl had early in the second half was when Shaq was out. He was leaning on Poetl inside the entire game and Poetl was frustrated and tired at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          WSU's RPI is 50 right now. Our SOS is currently at 9. NINE. With a road game against 39 up next.

We may quite possibly be the best 5-4 team in history.
          And if the game had been played in Utah the Utes would of been favored by 4....so whats ur point? It's ESPN, anytime the higher ranked team loses they call it an "upset"...they don't care about point spreads....It must suk to go thru life with a chip on ur shoulder...RELAX

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I think you're grossly undervaluing Shaq's contributions the last 2 games, especially the job he did against Poetll yesterday. Go back and watch the game. The run Poetl had early in the second half was when Shaq was out. He was leaning on Poetl inside the entire game and Poetl was frustrated and tired at the end.
            I agree, after Orlando I was ready for the Shoxs to move on from the "big lazy" as I called him. Against UNLV and Utah he has looked quick and fully engaged in the action. We need that rest of his career here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
              And if the game had been played in Utah the Utes would of been favored by 4....so whats ur point? It's ESPN, anytime the higher ranked team loses they call it an "upset"...they don't care about point spreads....It must suk to go thru life with a chip on ur shoulder...RELAX
              It might be because I haven't had my coffee yet, but this post seems to have nothing to do with the quoted one...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14350490
                Exactly. I recorded that off my screen and sent it out to friends telling them to watch the bench. Anton running in place, Marshall slapping five, and Shaq doing his crouching Predator or whatever that thing was.

But the best without question was Fred. If you watch, he started hopping and jerking just from the crosses that Conner laid down. When the shot fell, I think I saw a little Gene Gene The Dancin' Machine happening.

ETR.

Comment

• Where can I find a replay of the entire game? I was in Wichita, but spent the day packing furniture up to a second floor apartment. (My daughter is now a college grad!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Where can I find a replay of the entire game? I was in Wichita, but spent the day packing furniture up to a second floor apartment. (My daughter is now a college grad!)
                    ESPN3
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      ESPN3
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Where can I find a replay of the entire game? I was in Wichita, but spent the day packing furniture up to a second floor apartment. (My daughter is now a college grad!)
                        Congrats to your daughter and being a good dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          My view of CF's first 3 -> https://twitter.com/seanptdotcom/sta...78936752996352

I knew it was coming, thus the video.
                          Thanks, Rosewood. What is crazy is Fred starts cheering (begging) before Conner even gets to the spot he shots from. Just amazing anticipation!
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ky-mike View Post
                            Looks like a reindeer. If you zoom in you can see antlers.
                            LOL, Reminds me of "Lady, congratulations on your first deer, but do you mind if I take the saddle off?"
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                              That was a fun game! Although I like Koch arena, I enjoy the downtown games a bit more due to celebrating downtown after the game. Seemed like most who went to the game went out afterwards which creates a great sense of shocker community.
                              Spot on........would like to see it least one more game a year there

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                                It might be because I haven't had my coffee yet, but this post seems to have nothing to do with the quoted one...
                                I may need to start drinking coffee...lol But reply was to post below....

Can somebody explain to me how a team favored by 4 points got "upset"?

Comment

Working...
                                X