Utah game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    I'm guessing senior JRS has that time reserved. One will more likely see Ty in games that we are not challenged as much and/or are not "statement games". Same goes for Hamilton.
    Junior JRS.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      That background needs to be changed before I vomit.
      Gotta be honest, a little surprised someone on the team has had him clean that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Gotta be honest, a little surprised someone on the team has had him clean that up.
        My guess is that no one on the team, CF included, ever is on Twitter on anything but their phone where the background doesn't show up.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I'm guessing he only uses mobile where you don't see that

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Fortunately, if there was any issue, at least Fred gets a full week of rest if he needs it before the next game
            Ron also looked like he might have a little bit of an injury to his groin area. During on pause in the action he was really massaging that area before inbounding the ball. I noticed he wore sweats right up to the beginning of each half. When the team came out to warm up before the 2nd half run did a little bit of running and shuffling along the sideline before taking any warm-up shots. So the week off should help him as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Junior JRS.
              My mistake. Guess it just seems that long. Nevertheless, he's still got those last minute or 2 of games locked up.

Comment

• Well that was just a fun, fun day. Not much more to be said. I love Koch and wouldn't trade it for anything but it really is nice to change up venues for one game, cram another 5,000 in to watch Shocker basketball, and just take in a different view from 5 miles away. Just a fun time really.

Team defense again is the MVP. Utah was frazzled much like America's Team was on Wednesday night.

Connor's last two shots were fantastic. Watching the bench reaction on replay now was even more fantastic and major league LOL.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• One thing I've noticed when hearing people on ESPN talk about us is that they keep saying we're "healthy". People have no idea that we're STILL missing two players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    I'm guessing he only uses mobile where you don't see that
                    Yup. Because I have no idea what background it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      One thing I've noticed when hearing people on ESPN talk about us is that they keep saying we're "healthy". People have no idea that we're STILL missing two players.
                      Still missing 2 players that started multiple games this year.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                          One thing I've noticed when hearing people on ESPN talk about us is that they keep saying we're "healthy". People have no idea that we're STILL missing two players.
                          In addition, while Fred is getting there I'm not sure he is 100% quite yet.

Comment

• Views from Section 109

We play some nasty defense. I thought everyone played very solid D tonight. Our bigs were pretty solid down low. They all have their deficiencies, but they worked hard, hustled, and held a pretty good player to about half of his season average scoring tonight. Well done guys.

No one and I mean NO ONE wanted to be guarded by Ron Baker tonight. He made life really miserable for our guests from Utah.

Fred is The Man! 'Nuff said.

Brown continues to gain more and more confidence. We need his scoring to take some of the pressure off of our other guards. IMO, he has arrived.

McDuffie is going to be GOOD!

Evan. That should just be the whole sentence. Evan. Noun, verb, and adjective. Evan.

Was glad the lid finally came off for Connor. He was just shaking his head as he went to the bench after missing the two T's. It was definitely more mental then physical at that point. His shot with the shot clock about to expire was perfect. No time to think, no time to do anything but react and let his body do what it has thousands of times before. Let the muscle memory take over and nothing but net. I told my wife after he missed his first shot of the game that when he finally made one it would open the floodgates. I believe they are open. His little shake and bake at the end was SWEET! The bench was going completely crazy. I think we will see many more of those now.

Utah went on a nice run to start the second half. They had our Shox on their heels for a little bit, making it close, you could feel the tension. Then McDuffie hits the three plus one. I never worried again.

If Utah is the 25th best team in the country, how good are we really? No team should want to play us right now. We are dangerous. We are focused. We are Playing Angry!

Go Shox!
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                              Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14350490
                              Can somebody explain to me how a team favored by 4 points got "upset"?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't think Taylor is in the doghouse. When you call off the dogs you and in the walk ons. I also think Taylor might have come in, but coach wanted to leave Conner in to shake off the rust.

Good call.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X