Utah game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
    Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14350490
    Anton looked pretty mobile in that clip as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I thought the way that we stormed the court after our win against a ranked team was done well.

Huh? We didn't storm the court? Oh yeah, because it wasn't an upset...
      Nicely done!
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I don't know. Zach Bush was into just a bit as well.
        If you just watched the video, without seeing the score, you'd think that he hit the game-winning shot. A tremendous amount of support and encouragement for that young man.

Comment

• Watching a replay of the game, and despite the remote coverage, I thought Hollenberg and Adams did a terrific job with what they were given.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            If you just watched the video, without seeing the score, you'd think that he hit the game-winning shot. A tremendous amount of support and encouragement for that young man.
            I think he feels at home
            https://twitter.com/CFrankamp_23/status/675814934001745920

"Love my Team"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              My main man #1, ZB.

My main man #1A, MM. His facial expression on that 4th 3 ball was extra special.

When ZB is headed toward the basket, he is bringing a lot of hurt with him. I advise get out of the way. Train comin'.

I don't count charges as a turnover. The Shockers only had one turnover. When you think about it, it does not seem possible.

Conner will not miss back to back free throws for the rest of his career.

My only disappointment, a very small disappointment, Tom only had two rebounds in 20 minutes.

2FG% - 47.1%
              3FG% - 40.0%
              It looks better and feels better.

I was surprised that Hamilton did not play in the last few minutes.

I wonder, if Ty Taylor is in the doghouse. I was surprised that he did not play in the last few minutes.

When March rolls around, the Shocks might be a pretty good team.

Is Shamet eligible for medical redshirt? Just wondering.
              I'm guessing senior JRS has that time reserved. One will more likely see Ty in games that we are not challenged as much and/or are not "statement games". Same goes for Hamilton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                My main man #1, ZB.

My main man #1A, MM. His facial expression on that 4th 3 ball was extra special.

When ZB is headed toward the basket, he is bringing a lot of hurt with him. I advise get out of the way. Train comin'.

I don't count charges as a turnover. The Shockers only had one turnover. When you think about it, it does not seem possible.

Conner will not miss back to back free throws for the rest of his career.

My only disappointment, a very small disappointment, Tom only had two rebounds in 20 minutes.

2FG% - 47.1%
                3FG% - 40.0%
                It looks better and feels better.

I was surprised that Hamilton did not play in the last few minutes.

I wonder, if Ty Taylor is in the doghouse. I was surprised that he did not play in the last few minutes.

When March rolls around, the Shocks might be a pretty good team.

Is Shamet eligible for medical redshirt? Just wondering.
                There was a play in the first half I think where zach brown pretty much hammered and laid out that big man. I am pretty sure it was a battle for a rebound. Probably a foul called and all but it was a hulk out moment. Looked awesome like Wessel in ZB's body.

Comment

That should assuage any big concerns about the health of Fred's hammy.
                  Or Anton. Dang!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    Taylor's expression after learning he was called for a walk after his acting job was priceless.
                    That was the best Brian Walker since...well....Brian Walker. No offense, Coach.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; December 12, 2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Not sure I can remember a fan base pulling so hard for any individual player to have something positive happen to him as the Shocker fans were for Conner. And it wasn't just the fans who exploded on both of Conner's late makes. You could tell his teammates were thrilled for Conner as well. Now that the lid is off the basket let's hope it is onward and upward going forward for Conner.
                      If you didn't record the game, watch it on ESPN. The bench reaction for #1 (by the way, Baker's bounce pass was intended for Nurger, not Frankamp) was priceless.

The 3 on the next possession was insane. I hope the guy from Dock 401 (sorry if that's wrong) got some good shots. Freddy was going NUTS. All the kids were SO SO HAPPY for Conner. Special moments guys.

I should read more and post less. I see someone already has the link to CF's 3 up. Let me add several players greeted Conner after the game with huge hugs. They were ALL very very happy for him.

The chemistry on this team is really good right now.

Comment

• I love the potential of Eric Hamilton but with the current committee of 3 (2 of which are sophs) and Anton waiting in the wings, minutes are going to be hard to come by. I hope he stays patient and understands his time will come.

I believe Tyrone will see more minutes in the MVC.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• My view of CF's first 3 -> https://twitter.com/seanptdotcom/sta...78936752996352

I knew it was coming, thus the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            That background needs to be changed before I vomit.

Comment

• Kenpom has the Shocks up to 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                You guys are right it's the shooting that's bad.

@kylegoon on Twitter.
                                Wichita State is a good team, but Utah's execution has flat out been ugly. 16 turnovers. Shooting 38.7 percent. 0.827 points per possesion.
                                Goon sounds about right.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X