No announcement yet.

Utah game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that the reason there were fewer posts was because the reception in the arena wasn't all that good and most enjoyed watching the action more than being on the phone. There's time to write after the game. Shockers looked great in the first half today. Utah didn't impress me all that much last year even when they beat us. We were without Evan and Tekele was still nursing the bad finger. Utah isn't better this year than they were last year. Our defense was tremendous throughout the game..free throws continue to be a concern but they will start to fall. The big men did a good job keeping their giant pushed out. Utah seemed to lose all heart when there was about 5 minutes left. They were frustrated---as well they should have been. I was surprised that they didn't press-especially after watching the film from UNLV. The Shockers controlled this one. Evan was a beast, again. I didn't even mind him chucking up those late threes as he was playing one on five (and won) for about 30 seconds there. CF has incredible shooting form--and I'm glad the first three of his Shocker career is in the books. Fred was great, as usual--hope he's not dinged again. RB was solid. But, I was most happy with the post play. As Coach said on the post game show, he's going to rotate the three guys in and out no matter how they are playing. They all seem to be getting the most out of their minutes and playing harder. Looks like a great formula. Obviously, and like most of you, I like the atmosphere of Koch Arena so much more than that at Intrust. But, it was great to have so many more of the Shocker Family able to be in the house.

Comment

• I took a live photo of a few plays and happened to capture Frankamp making his first basket.

EDIT#2: Got it up here: http://i.imgur.com/BfIUhZb.gif

Comment

• UNLV was averaging 83 ppg when they came into Koch Arena on Wednesday and were held to 50 by the Shocks. Utah was averaging 82 ppg. Utah held to 50. That is a trend that can be a great friend if that kind of D continues.

Shocks now 6-0 at IBA. Another trend that's a friend.

Comment

• Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            Sure hope That Hammy is fine.
            Fortunately, if there was any issue, at least Fred gets a full week of rest if he needs it before the next game

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
              Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14350490
              Ha-ha...although I think I liked ShaQ's reaction better!!! Lol
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Here's the clip of CF's 3. But don't watch that. Watch Fred's reaction from the end of the bench.

That's great! I love Fred's reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Ha-ha...although I think I liked ShaQ's reaction better!!! Lol
                  I don't know. Zach Bush was into just a bit as well.

Comment

That should assuage any big concerns about the health of Fred's hammy.

Comment

That was amazing. Haha.. Yeah, my first thought was that the hamstring is probably fine if he's doing stuff like that.

Comment

• I thought the way that we stormed the court after our win against a ranked team was done well.

Huh? We didn't storm the court? Oh yeah, because it wasn't an upset...
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm dying laughing at that. So great.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I thought the way that we stormed the court after our win against a ranked team was done well.

Huh? We didn't storm the court? Oh yeah, because it wasn't an upset...
                            You should drop the memo to Iowa State's board. Embarrassing

Comment

• My main man #1, ZB.

My main man #1A, MM. His facial expression on that 4th 3 ball was extra special.

When ZB is headed toward the basket, he is bringing a lot of hurt with him. I advise get out of the way. Train comin'.

I don't count charges as a turnover. The Shockers only had one turnover. When you think about it, it does not seem possible.

Conner will not miss back to back free throws for the rest of his career.

My only disappointment, a very small disappointment, Tom only had two rebounds in 20 minutes.

2FG% - 47.1%
                              3FG% - 40.0%
                              It looks better and feels better.

I was surprised that Hamilton did not play in the last few minutes.

I wonder, if Ty Taylor is in the doghouse. I was surprised that he did not play in the last few minutes.

When March rolls around, the Shocks might be a pretty good team.

Is Shamet eligible for medical redshirt? Just wondering.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• There were several times Zach Brown took more than 3 dribbles which could have raised the wrath of one Gregg Marshall. I kinda like his willingness to take it to the basket.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X