Frankamp eligible on 9th now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I will say that this is Conner's first game in what... a year and a half? We should be excited but I wouldn't expect 20 points and perfection tonight. It'll be interesting how he plays on the defensive end. That'll be a big factor too. If he's still a step slow, don't expect him to be in for long stretches.
    A couple well timed 3s are all we really should expect and or need tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      Sully on Twitter: Conner Frankamp cleared to play, Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall says before shoot around.
      So that's why they had the 8pm tip tonight, to give his prof an extra hour to get the grades posted. Looks like it worked with time to spare. Now UNLV even gets a few hours to figure out how to defend him -- what the hell, fair is fair!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          So that's why they had the 8pm tip tonight, to give his prof an extra hour to get the grades posted. Looks like it worked with time to spare. Now UNLV even gets a few hours to figure out how to defend him -- what the hell, fair is fair!
          I'm pretty sure the UNLV staff have game planned for all contingencies. I have no doubt they'll be ready for whatever the Shockers bring the same way the Wichita staff will be for whatever UNLV brings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            Sully on Twitter: Conner Frankamp cleared to play, Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall says before shoot around.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator 82 View Post
              I'm pretty sure the UNLV staff have game planned for all contingencies. I have no doubt they'll be ready for whatever the Shockers bring the same way the Wichita staff will be for whatever UNLV brings.
              Yes, but we were hurting bad and every little bit helps. Getting another key piece of depth back is gonna give us a lot of confidence where we didn't have much.

Now, we will only be down 2 starters for this game (Grady and Shamet), instead of 3 starters AND the backup point guard. WSU people could argue about whether or not Shamet really is a starter or not, but he was the guy who started our first games when Van Vleet was down. I suppose the best way to put it is that we are currently without our starting center and our backup shooting guard. We gained our starting point guard and backup point guard this week. Our team will be way better able to run it's system now, but we will likely still struggle greatly inside. If our bigs play well, or if we get hot from three, I like our chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator 82 View Post
                No doubt because Rice = Marshall.

Play Very Angry

Comment

• Great news! Without Anton, our inside game needs help. Like football, a good running game opens up the pass, we need to flip the script. A good perimeter game tonight from RB and CF will open up the inside game. Things are starting to fall in place. Hopefully, we overcome our piss poor shooting, play solid D and hope to avoid the typical someone plays the game of their life against us and we should pull out a win. A lot to ask, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Great news! Without Anton, our inside game needs help. Like football, a good running game opens up the pass, we need to flip the script. A good perimeter game tonight from RB and CF will open up the inside game. Things are starting to fall in place. Hopefully, we overcome our piss poor shooting, play solid D and hope to avoid the typical someone plays the game of their life against us and we should pull out a win. A lot to ask, but stranger things have happened.
                    Case in point: The optimism in this post is one stranger thing that has already happened. I like our chances!

Comment

• On Twitter:

'frankamp' is now trending in #Wichita trends map.com/us/wichita
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        Great news! Without Anton, our inside game needs help. Like football, a good running game opens up the pass, we need to flip the script. A good perimeter game tonight from RB and CF will open up the inside game. Things are starting to fall in place. Hopefully, we overcome our piss poor shooting, play solid D and hope to avoid the typical someone plays the game of their life against us and we should pull out a win. A lot to ask, but stranger things have happened.
                        Predicting losses in some threads and dropping "should wins" in others.

I think you have all your bases covered. Nicely done.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          They KNOW the situation. If it truly plays out like that, they would have to be the douchiest teachers on the planet. Usually, professors work pretty well with student athletes and gives them the benefit of the doubt.

6 hours is what, 2 classes? I'd be shocked and appalled if this doesn't get done before game time. And quite frankly, a little pissed.

But Will the everknowing Kunkel said it was a done deal so we should be all good.
                          That's true but their are some DB professors that have a chip on their shoulder about athletics. Thankfully, that does not appear to be the case with Conner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I suspect there are a number of professors who would look down their noses at making an extra effort just to get a jock eligible and some who might even intentionally play it slow just to make a point. Let's hope that isn't the case in CF's situation.
                            From my experience, the vast majority of professors are very eager to see the Shockers do extremely well.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              From my experience, the vast majority of professors are very eager to see the Shockers do extremely well.
                              I don't question that at all nor did I in any imply that such wasn't the case. However, that doesn't mean there aren't some professors here and there that don't think that way. And as I previously said thankfully that was not the case with Conner.

Comment

• Did these ****sticks on KWCH just say that Will Kunkel broke the news on Frankamp last night?

Really?

REALLY?

Comment

Working...
                                X