No announcement yet.

For Those Who Think I'm All Negative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Those wondering about Anton's athletic ability should come and watch early warm-up sometime. Most will find Anton more athletic than they thought. With his history of knee problems I doubt he is going to try for the spectacular when the mundane will get the job done.

2) These freshmen are only three games in. Most of your spouses didn't put out your first 3 dates but you still ended up marrying them. Give em at least six dates.

3) Negative is when you don't want the team or player(s) to succeed. The rest is just varying degrees of enthusiasm.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Some of you people are amazing. You would think by some of your comments that we were back in the Cohen era. I think this is the most talent 1-12 that I have seen on a shocker team in the last 30 years. We lost 1 GAME. Yes, we have not looked great, but it takes time to mesh all the new players. We will be fine. I love Fred, and he will be back, but we could win 24 games this year if we did not have him.

Comment

We have climbed so far in the past five years. These injuries take us from a top 10 potentially elite team to a really, really good team for awhile. Some youngsters will be challenged to step up their game, and right quick. After all...

Regardless of what may happen, it is a GREAT time to be a Shocker! Enjoy the ride...
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by shoxxxxx1 View Post
          Some of you people are amazing. You would think by some of your comments that we were back in the Cohen era. I think this is the most talent 1-12 that I have seen on a shocker team in the last 30 years. We lost 1 GAME. Yes, we have not looked great, but it takes time to mesh all the new players. We will be fine. I love Fred, and he will be back, but we could win 24 games this year if we did not have him.
          Solid first post.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            If the Shox miss the NCAA Tourney this year, I'll personally ban myself from this board until the day that Fever misses me so much he posts a direct invitation for me to return.

In other words, Shox are in, just a matter of what seed they will get.
            Talk about a win-win.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

To say Grady is greater then Carter is somewhat unfair...i still think both players are equally important...I dont think having Grady against Notre Dame would have change the outcome of that game...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                To say Grady is greater then Carter is somewhat unfair...i still think both players are equally important...I dont think having Grady against Notre Dame would have change the outcome of that game...
                Not unfair at all. As has already been said, it's not an indictment about Carter, but Grady is slightyly better. He has more effective post moves, better rebounder, finisher around the basket, scorer, etc...

Comment

Grady and Carter are different type players, I think Anton is a more versatile offensive player and I think Darius was a bit more athletic. Carter's problem last year was staying on the court, when he wasn't in foul trouble his productivity was pretty solid. Both bring something to this team that is needed and thats a solid post presence.

Comment

When it is all said and done, I believe Baker, FVV, And Grady will be our trifecta and step up as expected. Just how well we do and how far we go though could just be how good the rest of our players play. The talent is there and now we need everybody healthy. Much has been said about our quality depth and by March/April we will see just how far this squad can come together and take us. We already have faced adversity and more could follow early on. Creme rises to the top and 3G and his Staff can coach and prepare us with the best of them. Last time we made the Final 4 we were supposed to finish 4th in the Valley and had more injuries that Season than any other team that Danced that Season.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                    X