Tyrone Taylor's time to shine!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    So that's your defense? 9 of those quick shots were essentially turnovers.
    That is schitt...look at the 32% FG shooting by the rest of the team, then pop off.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      6 AST; 0 TO; 5 REB
      It's a mixed bag. Those are certainly good stats. It's difficult to totally change spots. He definitely thinks every shot is a shot he can make and he does take some shots early in the shot clock and other shots when he should re-start the offense. But it will come in time.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        That is schitt...look at the 32% FG shooting by the rest of the team, then pop off.
        I'm not saying the rest of the team didn't suck. But as a point guard, arguably the most important position on the floor, he sucked. He didn't play his position at all whatsoever. He took as many shots as MM and Baker did COMBINED... and made 1/3 of them.

I'm more calling out the people who said this kid is the "guy" right now and that he's ready for the primetime. Clearly, that's a gross oversight. And if you disagree, then you're just not being honest with yourself and prefer to die with your sinking ship.
        Last edited by ShockerFever; November 27, 2015, 02:01 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I swear I'm the only person in the grey area. We had someone say TT would probably follow Holland and Glass out of Wichita next year... Which is ridiculous, IMO. Someone thinks he's the next all-american... Seems a bit far fetched, currently. All I care about is that as a freshman 5 games in, get better each game. This game seemed to be an improvement on most accounts except his number of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I'm not saying the rest of the team didn't suck. But as a point guard, arguably the most important position on the floor, he sucked. He didn't play his position at all whatsoever. He took as many shots as MM and Baker did COMBINED... and made 1/3 of them.

I'm more calling out the people who said this kid is the "guy" right now and that he's ready for the primetime. Clearly, that's a gross oversight. And if you disagree, then you're just no being honest with yourself and prefer to die with your sinking ship.
            You cant pass to Baker and expect him to shoot every trip down. The other team plays defense you know. He took several shots i wish he would not have, but Brown, Kelly and Grady looked scared to death to take shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              I swear I'm the only person in the grey area. We had someone say TT would probably follow Holland and Glass out of Wichita next year... Which is ridiculous, IMO. Someone thinks he's the next all-american... Seems a bit far fetched, currently. All I care about is that as a freshman 5 games in, get better each game. This game seemed to be an improvement on most accounts except his number of shots.
              he is far from AA, but the shots he is taking from some on this board lack insight.

Comment

TT has performed as well or better than any freshman point guard we've ever had five games in. Name one that has performed better after 5 games?

Comment

He's in my grey zone. I said before the season started that he wouldn't be ready yet. He's not. I thought he played well today minus the shot selection, which has been my beef with him sense the beginning. He's going to be a good one...someday.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I'm not going to look up a bunch of posts, but I'll make a guess that most of those complaining about Ty are the same ones that thought he should have RS. Maybe he should have, so that when it came off, he would have most everyone's support for his situation. He did not RS because he thought he'd get a lot of playing time. Wonder what we'd be without him right now. Not better off I assure you.

Comment

Looking at the number of freshmen and sophomores we have getting key minutes - we are going to have a lot of growing pains, and it will take awhile to establish an identity - player roles. When some more experience returns, it will help ease the pain. Hopefully, we will all come together for a great tourney run. Until then, it is what it is...

Comment

About January of 2017 I'll start to make a judgement. Just 5 games into his freshmen year it's TOTALLY impossible to make a judgement about how good he'll be in the future.

Comment

Taylor is brimming with confidence - that's a good thing. When it crosses over into selfishness, that's a bad thing. He needs to learn to set aside the confidence a little until he figures out how to run Marshall's system, then the confidence can bloom, like it did with Malcom Armstead and Fred.

If you want to bash someone, try a 6'6" third year player who is completely AWOL. At least Taylor tries.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post

If you want to bash someone, try a 6'6" third year player who is completely AWOL. At least Taylor tries.
                            Zach Bush?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                              Taylor is brimming with confidence - that's a good thing. When it crosses over into selfishness, that's a bad thing. He needs to learn to set aside the confidence a little until he figures out how to run Marshall's system, then the confidence can bloom, like it did with Malcom Armstead and Fred.

Wow. Not only has his playing time and team role shrunk, but apparently so has his height! ;-)

Comment

Exactly!! Tyrone is not a natural point guard he's forced to learn under fire which will hopefully make him better in the long run. In my opinion he is an upgrade over both guards who moved on. Marshall recruited him knowing he had to convert to and learn the point position. Current circumstances requires immediate on the job training. I see improvement every game. One more thing I really hope Connor is the savior that he is projected to be. Other than a scrimmage we haven't seen him on the court. And let's not talk about what he did in the tourney last year. Zach Brown did well too but so far has not played at that same level. Let's wait and let this play out.

Comment

Working...
                                X