Tyrone Taylor's time to shine!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrone Taylor's time to shine!!

With all the negativity going around, I figured I'd try to spread some good karma. I'd like to give a special shootout to our very own Tyrone Taylor Jr.

THIS will be TTII's chance to cement his place as the backup PG and the heir to replace the greatest PG in programhistory. If there is to be any silver lining from this injury situation, THIS would be the biggest one.

One reason, I think Tyrone has been shaky at times this season, is he is afraid to make a mistake; knowing he would be subbed. Now, he will be able to play, take some lumps, work though some mistakes, and ultimately become a better PG because of it.

It looked like the future was in Mr. Taylor's hands. Now, by faith or luck, the present is thrusted upon him. Could we possibly see the blossoming or even the breakout of the next Shocker star this holiday weekend? What a story that would be!

Opportunity knocks for young Tyrone. Everyone has been wondering who the next PG will be. Hopefully, after this tourney, we will have that answer. I hope like hell it's the young lefty.

So let me be the first to say: "Good luck Tyrone! Shocker Nation believes in you!"
    The Assman

Just shift him to the two. He gets enough experience while allowing him to focus on his strengths.

Comment

Hope he plays well. Hope JRS plays well, also. Both can handle the ball and penetrate some
      but above all they have to take care of it and distribute effectively. I think Ty will see time at
      both guard positions - especially if he continues to shoot the three well. More emphasis on
      interior passes now to let AG go to work.

Comment

I'd be a fan of Baker and JR (I guess) at the point with Zach and Ty as the shooters. McDuffie backs up Evan. ZBush is the third string guard. Kelly, Grady, BWam, Morris and Hamilton stick to the five man paint rotation.

I guess we will see what the freshman are all about.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Coach said on his radio show that he's never seen anyone wanting to be great (since Fred and Ron ) so bad as Ty Taylor. He wants to be good and that when he messes up he takes it hard. Marshall says that it shows he cares and is willing to listen and work hard. I really like this kid, he has a nice shot with good range, he's quick and can handle the ball. Like Marshall said he toldd him just to take care of the ball, don't try to make the great pass, stay between your man and the basket, don't go for every steal, and put a body on somebody and contest the jumpshooter. Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
            Coach said on his radio show that he's never seen anyone wanting to be great (since Fred and Ron ) so bad as Ty Taylor. He wants to be good and that when he messes up he takes it hard. Marshall says that it shows he cares and is willing to listen and work hard. I really like this kid, he has a nice shot with good range, he's quick and can handle the ball. Like Marshall said he toldd him just to take care of the ball, don't try to make the great pass, stay between your man and the basket, don't go for every steal, and put a body on somebody and contest the jumpshooter. Sounds like a plan to me.
            When my Dad met him this summer (he and Nurger were reading to kids at the Augusta library), Ty said, "I want to be the next great point guard at WSU."
            Livin the dream

Comment

Ty needs to realize that he takes a backseat to no one athletically. The difference is between the ears and confidence. If he has a good week in Orlando, look out. He just needs to adapt to the game. Once it slows down for him, it'll all be good
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                When my Dad met him this summer (he and Nurger were reading to kids at the Augusta library), Ty said, "I want to be the next great point guard at WSU."
                My father and I both met Tyrone on separate occasions. He was very well spoken ("Yes sir", "Thank you", etc.), looked you in the eye, and just carried himself very well.

I am really rooting for him to succeed on the court. He already appears he will be a success off it.
                The Assman

Comment

As much as the game slowing down for Ty, Ty needs to slow down a bit and play within himself. My only complaint about his play to date is that he's playing too fast. He needs to slow down and play under control and everything will start coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    As much as the game slowing down for Ty, Ty needs to slow down a bit and play within himself. My only complaint about his play to date is that he's playing too fast. He needs to slow down and play under control and everything will start coming together.
                    The quick 3's are my biggest pet peeves. That's gotta tone down. Those are falling against Hawaii Pacific and Charleston Southern, but they won't be as easy to come by against better competition. He needs to work on great passes, not wild shots.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      The quick 3's are my biggest pet peeves. That's gotta tone down. Those are falling against Hawaii Pacific and Charleston Southern, but they won't be as easy to come by against better competition. He needs to work on great passes, not wild shots.
                      While I agree conceptually with this, it should be noted that Ty is averaging 6 points in 12 minutes per game and shooting 50% from 3 (4-8). If he keeps up those numbers, I'm okay with the quick trigger.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I thought the shots against ESU all pretty much came off screens and were good shots.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I think it's a positive that Tyrone has so much confidence in himself that he is willing to take a shot at any time. And he's making them. I don't think he's one that will shy away from this challenge. There will be painful moments I'm sure but the experience will be valuable.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            That's what nervous freshmen do. I think this little bump in playing time where he's the guy running the show will help him more than it will hurt him. And if he stinks and FVV isn't 100% for longer than Dec 5th? Well we have Frankamp showing up Dec 12th and he can take over point duties for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              While I agree conceptually with this, it should be noted that Ty is averaging 6 points in 12 minutes per game and shooting 50% from 3 (4-8). If he keeps up those numbers, I'm okay with the quick trigger.
                              See my 3rd sentence.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X