No announcement yet.

Tyrone Taylor's time to shine!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody has to take up some more scoring slack, even when Fred is back. As much as I love Evan's tenacity, we can't afford to have Evan and Rashard in at the same time if neither is aggressive offensively. Somebody has to take up Tekele's scoring from last year.
    Last edited by vancedave56; November 26, 2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I too would like for Kelly to be a little more offensive mined, I think he has shown some aggressive moves to the basket and he is a decent freethrow shooter. Maybe this weekend we will see more of this.

Comment

Okay, vance, you have a point. But I have a solution: Wessel and Kelly BOTH need to ready to fire when the opportunity arises.

Comment

Taylor.....1/10 from the floor. Wessel 1/5 from the floor. Given the time they're playing, our two biggest liabilities.

What really PO'ed me at Wessel was when our freshman (McDuffie) rebounded the ball and did what he was supposed to do (pass the ball to Wessel so he could bring it up), Wessel turned his back, the ball hit his foot and dribbled out of bounds.

I don't mind the 1/10 so much from Taylor, but if we're struggling like that we can't have Wessel out on the floor at the same time. He's a liability. It's the Wichita bricklayers Union. All over again.

Comment

I think the stats speak for themselves.

Taylor's supposed biggest asset was his awesome 3 pt FG%. When you play against D1 teams, it becomes a bit more difficult. The turnovers didn't help either.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

What really PO'ed me at Wessel was when our freshman (McDuffie) rebounded the ball and did what he was supposed to do (pass the ball to Wessel so he could bring it up), Wessel turned his back, the ball hit his foot and dribbled out of bounds.
              That was Baker, not Wessel

Comment

Definitely not a good day for TT. JRS is probably our best option at backup point guard behing Ron. By the same token, McDuff should be starting at the 3, as his defense isn't any worse, and his offense is certainly better than the starter. I wish Hamilton would've got a few more minutes today. Thought he may have been better able to stay on the Boatright kid better than the rest of the team did.

w
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Cut the kid some slack! He's going to be good. Real good. He's playing his fifth game or something for a team that everyone outside our fan base wants a piece of right now. Talk about being thrown to the damn wolves.

Comment

I agree. He is going to be good. It's just not yet. Right now, JRS is the better option.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

He's going to be good but right now is not his time to shine.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Good news for the kid is he'll get two more chances Friday and Saturday and 3G really doesn't have much of another option but to play him. He's a freshman. Only way to go is up, Shaq notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          That was Baker, not Wessel
                          It was Wessel. He has curly black hair, Ron has straight blonde hair. After 5 years, I can tell them apart.

Comment

Thought it was Ron as well.
                            The Assman

Comment

And you also thought TT would have a breakout game. That makes the second time you've been proven wrong today.

Do us a favor and start a thread about how Alabama's going to clock us. Maybe it will change our luck.

Comment

It was Baker.

Comment

Working...
                                X