Sexton stepping down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Here's what gets me about the guy. He says he wants someone in Bardo's cabinet who can represent him, which means someone who has the same "experiences" as a black man. What about the experiences of Hispanic women? Arabic men? Someone with a mental disability? Someone who is obese? Someone who is a Christian? Or a Hindu? Or short? Or ugly? Or poor? Where does it end? This is a place of higher education. You apply, pay your tuition, go to class, get your degree, get a job. Where is there anything in that equation that involves race, gender, nationality or any other grouping you want to list other than "student"?

If you honestly feel like you are being discriminated against, then go through the proper channels to air your grievances. You don't need special "representation".

Damn, this whole thing is frustrating. I need to find my happy place . . .
    Advance Disclaimer Notice: My objective isn't to offend anyone

@RoyalShock:, I know you're not a beer drinker, but I couldn't resist... this thread may find us all seeking our own "happy place".

P.S. This is my wife with the delivery.
    Last edited by WstateU; November 19, 2015, 01:49 PM.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• More power to you if you prefer this kind of "happy place"...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Advance Disclaimer Notice: My objective isn't to offend anyone

@RoyalShock, I know you're not a beer drinker, but I couldn't resist... this thread may find us all seeking our own "happy place".

P.S. This is my wife with the delivery.
        I'll just pretend she's carrying two pitchers of A&W Cream Soda.

I'd even take some "Not Your Father's Root Beer". That stuff is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          I'll just pretend she's carrying two pitchers of A&W Cream Soda.

I'd even take some "Not Your Father's Root Beer". That stuff is good.
          Was she carrying something?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Was she carrying something?
            Didn't you see the 2 big jugs...errrr, pitchers of beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Didn't you see the 2 big jugs...errrr, pitchers of beer.
              All of a sudden...I'm thirsty.

Comment

• So do we think it's Boatright or will there be a national search?
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  So do we think it's Boatright or will there be a national search?
                  Serious question, I don't know Boatright: Is Boatright ready to manage a $3 million dollar per year employee, his program, and all the various other programs that are kicking arse (and some that need to be, but aren't)?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Serious question, I don't know Boatright: Is Boatright ready to manage a $3 million dollar per year employee, his program, and all the various other programs that are kicking arse (and some that need to be, but aren't)?
                    Boatright has been the administrator overseeing men's basketball since he arrived here about five years ago. That should answer your question.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      So do we think it's Boatright or will there be a national search?
                      Marshall will decide

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                        1. Convert WSU to a private institution (preferably Catholic affiliation) for an invite to the Big East.
                        Change the name back to Faimount College. That sounds expensive and important.
                        The Assman

Comment

• My concern with Boatright is his apparent aloofness toward the non-corporate giver. At least Schaus was shaking hands and making small talk, I have not experienced this with Boatright. I am not saying it isn't happening it is just that in five or so years since he has been here and in my travels to see the Shocks have not experienced it. A couple of more losses like that of Tulsa and those corporate seats will begin to thin down and will largely be the folks above the entrance walks attending every home game. I am not saying I don't like the guy or that he is doing a crummy administrative job, I am merely highlighting a concern from perceived behavior.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            My concern with Boatright is his apparent aloofness toward the non-corporate giver. At least Schaus was shaking hands and making small talk, I have not experienced this with Boatright. I am not saying it isn't happening it is just that in five or so years since he has been here and in my travels to see the Shocks have not experienced it. A couple of more losses like that of Tulsa and those corporate seats will begin to thin down and will largely be the folks above the entrance walks attending every home game. I am not saying I don't like the guy or that he is doing a crummy administrative job, I am merely highlighting a concern from perceived behavior.
                            I'll take 'lack of charisma' for $500

Comment

• Kevin Mchale is looking for a job
                              The Assman

Comment

• How bout Danny Ainge?
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X