No announcement yet.

Bad bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except Matt Harvey will be in MLB next year. Where will FVV be next year? No one knows. The only thing for sure is he won't be a shocker :(
    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
      Except Matt Harvey will be in MLB next year. Where will FVV be next year? No one knows. The only thing for sure is he won't be a shocker :(
      Marshall is graded on wins and championships, not playing a senior with one leg.

Comment

He could play next year if he qualified for a medical redshirt (not that I would want him to do it).

Comment

You guys are right, but it wouldn't be a message board if there wasn't someone to argue the other side ;)

I'm not happy that Fred is hurt but as a football fan I also know that hamstrings are difficult to heal from. You can feel 100% one day and 50% the next even if you do rest it. Again, nothing is gauranteed. He could sit out 2 months, wait til conference to start and then hobble off the court with a bad hamstring again. All coach can do is listen to Fred. 3G can't feel the leg, he can only listen to what Fred tells him. FVV plays last night it is because he told coach he's 100%. What? Gregg going to say bullshit to Fred? No he'll listen and trust him.

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

You guys are right, but it wouldn't be a message board if there wasn't someone to argue the other side ;)

I'm not happy that Fred is hurt but as a football fan I also know that hamstrings are difficult to heal from. You can feel 100% one day and 50% the next even if you do rest it. Again, nothing is gauranteed. He could sit out 2 months, wait til conference to start and then hobble off the court with a bad hamstring again. All coach can do is listen to Fred. 3G can't feel the leg, he can only listen to what Fred tells him. FVV plays last night it is because he told coach he's 100%. What? Gregg going to say bullshit to Fred? No he'll listen and trust him.
            Agreed, but it was obvious early on that Fred was not 100%. Then its up to the coach to make that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Agreed, but it was obvious early on that Fred was not 100%. Then its up to the coach to make that decision.
              You are 100% correct on that. Marshall should have taken him out, although that says a ton about our depth and underclass men if coach is willing to risk his AA pg.

@rjl:

Comment

You are 100% correct on that. Marshall should have taken him out, although that says a ton about our depth and underclass men if coach is willing to risk his AA pg.
                Agreed, he does not have confidence in our Fresh or Sophomores with the exception of Kelly and Shamet. Neither are PGs.

Comment

The problem is you prepare with Fred running the show and being emotionally ready for that strategy. If Fred was a definite no-go last night, the rotations would have been physically different and players would have been emotionally ready for whatever the plan would have been defaulted to. Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    The problem is you prepare with Fred running the show and being emotionally ready for that strategy. If Fred was a definite no-go last night, the rotations would have been physically different and players would have been emotionally ready for whatever the plan would have been defaulted to. Big difference.
                    While true, if we can't react to changing lineups, we wont be successful at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      While true, if we can't react to changing lineups, we wont be successful at all.
                      I hear you. I would have liked to think a different outcome from last night if the coaches and players had emotionally prepared for a different rotation from the PG spot that didn't include Fred.

Comment

Where is Mr. Miyagi when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                          Where is Mr. Miyagi when you need him?
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Players will always want to play. You just have to avoid being Terry Collins. Last night Gregg was Terry Collins.
                            I have great faith in Marshall, but there's a lot of truth in that observation. Even with a head coach on the floor, the head coach on the bench has to be sure to stay in command.

Edit: It might also be time for Baker, who is probably as influential with Fred as anyone, even 3G himself (maybe even more so), remind FVV what happened when Ron sat -- and sat, and sat, seemingly forever -- their freshman year together. Some foolishness ensued, including three straight VALLEY losses, but finally Ron was healthy and it all turned out fairly well. So even though FVV is known to be a fanatical competitor who wants to win every game, perhaps Ron could give him a little perspective on keeping the big picture always in mind.
                            Last edited by WSUwatcher; November 18, 2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

when he can do full practices. Then he can go on the court.
                              Coach wouldn't let him participate in contact portions. Afraid of exposing to contact in practice why put him in a game. Some injuries you can do that but a Hammie....not so much. They knew Fred was still suffering. Let him make the call anyway
                              Not a good call in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                                when he can do full practices. Then he can go on the court.
                                Coach wouldn't let him participate in contact portions. Afraid of exposing to contact in practice why put him in a game. Some injuries you can do that but a Hammie....not so much. They knew Fred was still suffering. Let him make the call anyway
                                Not a good call in my opinion.
                                Plus 1

Comment

Working...
                                X