Bad bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad bet

Playing Fred this week provided little upside and tons of long term risk. Losing this game without Fred is one thing, but losing this game and watching him hobble around was painful.

We need to shut him down until he is 100%.

i really dont understand why we cant afford to let Fred rest...he needs a good 7-10 days off ...he shouldnt have played against Charleston Southern or Tulsa and of course doesnt need to play against Emporia either...just debut at the Advocare Tourney would have sufficed...but coulda woulda shoulda...

Comment

No gym time outside of whirlpools and ice baths until Orlando Mr. VV. Unless you're just shooting free throws and having someone else shag balls for you.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Totally agree. I know they are trying to groom RB as an NBA PG but I'd employ JRS until
        FVV heals up. TT not the answer until he learns how to run the team instead of just
        creating for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Totally agree. I know they are trying to groom RB as an NBA PG but I'd employ JRS until
          FVV heals up. TT not the answer until he learns how to run the team instead of just
          creating for himself.
          JRS would be fine with limited time against the right opponent, but with guards like Tulsa's he'll get chewed up, spit out and stomped on for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            JRS would be fine with limited time against the right opponent, but with guards like Tulsa's he'll get chewed up, spit out and stomped on for good measure.
            Yep. Remember that Taylor looked like the second coming against CSU. Not so much against Tulsa.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I'm concerned about vanvleet. A pulled Hammie ain't no joke. And it takes time to heal. Never should have taking the floor before full recovery. i Hope him tweaking it again doesn't mean a complete start over in rehab. Players got to be honest coaches got to be smart

Comment

I hadn't heard he tweaked it again. I know he was slow last night, but hadn't heard if that was a result of the ankle or the hammy, or some combination of both and lack of practice time. I hope he sits until he's 100%. I also hope that 100% happens before Orlando. If it's not, I still believe getting his hammie heeled up is more important than that trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  I hadn't heard he tweaked it again. I know he was slow last night, but hadn't heard if that was a result of the ankle or the hammy, or some combination of both and lack of practice time. I hope he sits until he's 100%. I also hope that 100% happens before Orlando. If it's not, I still believe getting his hammie heeled up is more important than that trophy.
                  Fred himself said tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Fred himself said tweak.
                    He said he tweaked his hammie last night? I hadn't heard that. If that's the case, he needs to just be completely shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      No gym time outside of whirlpools and ice baths until Orlando Mr. VV. Unless you're just shooting free throws and having someone else shag balls for you.
                      I want him in the gym .... right beside Marshall. The only exercise he should be doing is exercising his vocal cords yelling at the Freshmen about what they need to do to get better.

Comment

It's his senior year. If he wants to play I understand. We can say to rest him because March is more important but there are no gaurantees. We can rest him for 2 months, he comes back 100% and an even worse injury happens. It sucks to watch but it's his body and we have to respect whatever descision he makes.
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                          I'm concerned about vanvleet. A pulled Hammie ain't no joke. And it takes time to heal. Never should have taking the floor before full recovery. i Hope him tweaking it again doesn't mean a complete start over in rehab. Players got to be honest coaches got to be smart
                          Players will always want to play. You just have to avoid being Terry Collins. Last night Gregg was Terry Collins. It happens to the best of them. In this case however it could cause, arguably, the best player in the country to be out for a greater amount of time than if he would have allowed complete recovery beyond a reasonable doubt prior to last night.

With that said, RB will be forced to play significant minutes at PG. Frankamp will be needed as backup when he becomes eligible. TT will get opportunities to develop as well. Also, Shamet is capable in the right situations to log time there as well. All is not lost. Fred will be Fred again...it just probably won't be for a few games. On the other hand I also hold out hope that he woke up this morning and his hammy is 100% recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                            It's his senior year. If he wants to play I understand. We can say to rest him because March is more important but there are no gaurantees. We can rest him for 2 months, he comes back 100% and an even worse injury happens. It sucks to watch but it's his body and we have to respect whatever descision he makes.
                            I will respect decisions that aren't about him, but about the team.

Comment

Working...
                            X