No announcement yet.

WSU vs Hawaii Pacific - Pregame Discussion & Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Taylor doesn't redshirt. I think he would be better served to learn on the job backing up FVV. He looked damn good today, and I don't think it was any kind of fluke. That kid is going to be a star sooner rather than later. (As are several other guys.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
      To use the WatchESPN app on my tablet it makes me login to my Cox account so it knows if I have paid for ESPN/2/U/News/etc. I don't have a TV package so I can't watch any of those. I can watch all the replays I want on ESPN3 and most of the ESPN3 live content. But while they are live the basketball games on ESPN3 are blocked out because of their agreement with Cox.
      I don't have any ESPN package and just logged into my Cox account to watch ESPN3 live.

Comment

• Note that I live outside of the blackout area. There is now another option for those with sports tier on certain TV providers. ESPN now has ESPN College Sports Extra.
        They play ESPN3 games through your cable (or dish). I watched today's game on COX channel 1385 outside of Tulsa.
        Here is the link announcing the new ESPN College Sports Extra:
        To share: http://es.pn/1EZNmn3 Hundreds of Live College Sports Events Delivered Year-Round beginning September 5 Available to AT&T U-verse and DIRECTV, Bright House Networks, Cox, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS and Select NCTC Members’ Customers at Launch All Events will continue to be Available on ESPN3 across WatchESPN Platforms ESPN today announced the launch of ESPN …

(Yes, there is an "Ocho" lol)
        Last edited by shockrah; November 8, 2015, 02:44 AM.
        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          I don't have any ESPN package and just logged into my Cox account to watch ESPN3 live.
          On what type of system and network? On a Roku and an android tablet I had the "blocked in your area" message during the game. Both were using my Cox internet as well. Note: I live in the Wichita area.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            WSU 88
            HP 55
            Pretty good prediction.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 25 fouls called on HP and 20 on the good guys. The pace of the game was good and the 30 second shot clock seemed adequate to run a decent looking offense. I was really concerned about the foul counts before the game. Hopefully this game is not an aberration and the good guys (including the new guys) continue to play angry without fouling. For a first game and with all of the new faces I was amazed at how well different groups of Shockers played together. There were some missed block outs on rebounds but I came away really impressed. Go Shocks

Comment

• Below are the per-40 minute stats from last night's exhibition game.

Random thoughts.

Zach Brown looked to me to have gained more than 3 pounds. Wessel looks almost too thin compared to my memory. Taylor's forearms are t-h-i-n.

Thought Taylor played well. Got beat closing out on man on perimeter several times. He will learn. Noticed he played well off his man when he didn't have possession (i.e team defense) very similar to how I remember Fred doing very early in his Freshman season. My gut tells me that HCGM may not be real pleased with his shot selection -- seemed to fire some up very quickly. That, too, he will learn ... or sit.

For the first real game with fouls called, not too surprising to see six Shockers with 5.0 or more fouls per 40. Depth is also a great mitigator of that.

How did Hamilton get 8 shots off in 14 minutes?

Shaq zero fouls in 17 minutes !!!!!!!!!

Eleven players with double-digit pts/40 from 13.3 to 52.0, with only McDuffie at 8.4 and BushW at zero and Simon at zero failing to achieve that level.

Assists on 15 of 29 baskets with that many multiple combinations is outstanding.

That may be the last time we see McDuffie have that wide open a layup that he doesn't monster-slam -- probably a good choice not to and just get his first two points as a Shocker. Hoping to see more offense from him, but second leading rebounder at 12.6 per 40 is okay with me.

We gave up 11 offensive rebounds on 48 opportunities while grabbing 13 of our own out of 34 chances. Defensively HP had 19 of 34 and WSU had 31 of 48. Note (I cannot account for 2 of our missed shots and 4 of their missed shots)

http://
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                  On what type of system and network? On a Roku and an android tablet I had the "blocked in your area" message during the game. Both were using my Cox internet as well. Note: I live in the Wichita area.
                  On my laptop in OK. Unless you used a fake IP address, then IA, IL, IN, KS, MO would have all been blocked.

Here is some more information on blackouts from ESPN's FAQ. http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq

What is a Blackout? How is my location determined if the event is blacked out?
                  Blackouts apply to telecasts that have been sold regionally or locally per league, conference and local rightsholder agreements. Regional and local rights holders are usually broadcast stations or regional sports networks. Blackouts are implemented to protect the primary rights holder, as defined by the professional and college sports leagues or teams in a given market. If you are receiving blackout messaging on WatchESPN, check your local listings to find the television network carrying the event.

Will there be blackouts on WatchESPN?
                  Yes, as with television, blackouts will apply to telecasts that have been sold regionally or locally per league, conference and local rightsholder agreements.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    On my laptop in OK. Unless you used a fake IP address, then IA, IL, IN, KS, MO would have all been blocked.
                    I guessed you were out of the area, but *hoping* you were in the area. For awhile last year I could watch on my Sprint phone because for some odd reason our cell tower would resolve as being in Oklahoma. Sprint eventually got it figured out.

Comment

Working...
                    X