WSU vs Hawaii Pacific - Pregame Discussion & Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Hawaii Pacific - Pregame Discussion & Predictions

Here's the deal. WSU has done a colossal job springing our Program forward and our success has been refreshing. Now we fall back to the rudiments that keep us in the 'warrior angry mode' and here we go again. I remind myself that we lost 2 very solid players in Cotton and Carter, knowing we have these big shoes to fill but understanding that in due time we have the quality depth to make this a Season to remember. As epic as our expectations here on SN are, I believe our squad truly understands we have a special team that could go far.

So here come the sharks. Even a card shark gambler with a stacked deck better be aware here at 21st. and Hillside. Remember when Tark the Shark would suck on that wet towel? Just the other night I was watching Shark Trek on the tube and here was 100 starving sharks in a small area and suddenly a juicy slab of red meat in the shape of a basketball was dropped right in the center of them all and guess who came out with the loose ball? Wessel of course. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Two words about this exhibition game. Wholesale substitution. Who will emerge among the new players? Who will later redshirt? Who will start at the 4 and 5? Stay tuned.

Shocks--77

Sharks--49
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

WSU - 101
    HP - 48
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

WSU 88
      HP 55
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

You have to figure that 16 players are going to score. There's gotta be a lot of points. 16 players. Would that be a record even for an exhibition?
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

We just need Fred to get healthy.

Comment

Shocks 97
            Other team 50
            Kelly is leading scorer with 20 points

Comment

@Shockadelica:, nice avatar!
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Seeing this thread makes me so happy. Its almost here!

Shockers - 95
                Hawaii - 42

Comment

Shocks 84 Sharks 52, we are just getting warmed up for the Big Show

Comment

Whatever HC3G wants the score to be. I don't think it will be a real high scoring game for either team. maybe 75-45. I doubt that we see a lot of the two All-American guards unless he has something he thinks deserves a lot of work. Coach will want to work on defense and the team will be working PT and rotation spots.

Comment

Coach said he expects his players to play as hard as they can until the final whistle -- if the third string can keep wracking up points, so be it. We are deep as ever. This gets ugly quick.

100-47 -- because I didn't want to copy @Onegreatracer:'s score. :)
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I am really looking forward to this game because we will finally get to see something we can really go on. Shocker Madness usually accomplishes a little bit of that, but this year, Shocker Madness didn't do much. Half the team didn't play. We will see more guys play at this one. Even if Fred can't go yet, that might even be better for the team. This is a win either way, and it might give some guys a few extra minutes right off the bat.

If Fred is playing:
                        100-50

If Fred is not playing, but literally every other expected producer is:
                        85-55

If Fred and a few others have to miss another event, and we end up watching line 2 play most of the game:
                        80-60

In all scenarios, I will still find ways to be happy.

Comment

Here's a little background/outlook on Hawaii Pacific:

http://www.hpusharks.com/news/2015/10/23/MBB_1023152533.aspx

Picked 6th out of 14 in their conference:

Comment

Is it weird to tailgate for an exhibition game? That's how bad I want the season to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Is it weird to tailgate for an exhibition game? That's how bad I want the season to begin.
                              No, but if you end up hitting them it will be your fault and your insurance will go up.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X