Clear All

Originally posted by ICT316
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Proven Winner.
    At the JUCO LEVEL.

Kip Pulliam, Heights girls' head basketball coach, is a proven winner. Does he get thrown in the mix?
    Are you throwing him in the mix?
    I know you're smart enough to get my point.. at least I hope..
    I get your point.

I just refuse to compare apples to oranges.
    You're comparing apples to oranges when you bring up the point that Steve Eck is a "proven winner".
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      Proven Winner.
      At the JUCO LEVEL.

Kip Pulliam, Heights girls' head basketball coach, is a proven winner. Does he get thrown in the mix?
      I get your point.

Well, you have had no problem comparing Eck's wins at the high school level with winning at Division I basketball. That is as apples and oranges as it comes.
      Great minds..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Proven Winner.
        At the JUCO LEVEL.

I get your point.

Well, you have had no problem comparing Eck's wins at the high school level with winning at Division I basketball. That is as apples and oranges as it comes.
        I never compared Eck's high school wins to D-1 wins.

I am only stating the obvious; he has won at every level he has coached.
        He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

I sincerely doubt JS is going to take a risk on someone like ECK. I don't think anyone doubts he'd be able to coach (eventually at least), but NCAA sanctions may be bad for business.
          Jocks & Jills
          3236 N. Rock Rd
          Wichita, KS 67226
          316-260-9800
          http://www.jocks-jills.com
          http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Proven Winner.
            At the JUCO LEVEL.

I get your point.

But the levels he has coached at are apples and oranges when compared to Division I coaching and we all know you refuse to compare apples and oranges.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Who has spent more time in D-1 athletics, Eck or Spinelli?

Which one returned to his comfort zone after just a few years in D-1?

What happened the last time we hired a highly successful juco coach?
              Who has spent more time as a head coach?

Who was named by the Wichita Eagle as one of the 11 greatest coaches in Kansas's 20th Century?

Does Coach Smithson have anywhere near the resume of Steve Eck?
              There's your problem right there ICT, your using the wichita eagle as a source to back up your claim.
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Re: Cooper and Hill. I loved these guys as players and may end up feeling the same in regards to them as coaches someday, but meanwhile I've never understood the tangible benefits people see in hiring a player as a coach at a program just because he played there a generation ago.

Comment

Proven Winner.
                  At the JUCO LEVEL.

I get your point.

But the levels he has coached at are apples and oranges when compared to Division I coaching and we all know you refuse to compare apples and oranges.
                  I just wanted to see how many quotes within a quote we could get.

Comment

If Eck was named the new coach, I would turn in all my season tickets and never go to another game ever. The man is a thin-skinned baby. Those people can't handle a D1 job. He would be a joke of a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ICT Ragman
                      Re: Cooper and Hill. I loved these guys as players and may end up feeling the same in regards to them as coaches someday, but meanwhile I've never understood the tangible benefits people see in hiring a player as a coach at a program just because he played there a generation ago.
                      Who said to hire them JUST because of that? Obviously, they have to have some good credentials. The fact, that they have ties to the university is a plus, but obviously not the deciding factor.

Comment

He may make a good D-1 coach eventually, but almost all D-1 coaches get their first head coaching job at a poor school in a poor conference. That is neither the state of the MVC or of Wichita State. It is ludicrous to expect Steve Eck to be hired. I know that you must know this, right? So really, the only reason for you to keep saying it is to annoy people. Please Stop.

Comment

Steve Eck DOES NOT have a wikipedia entry.

Thus, he is not qualified.

Comment

Proven Winner.
                            At the JUCO LEVEL.

I get your point.

No, it is apples and oranges to compare the heights girls basketball coach to Steve Eck. The only apples and oranges, is the comparison of Steve Eck to every other coach in the divisions in which he has coached.

If you think that I don't know that he has zero D-1 head coaching experience, you are on the needle. My argument is based solely on the fact that Steve Eck is a bonified winner.
                            He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

All this apples and oranges talk is appropriate because Eck is as nutty as a fruitcake.

Comment

Originally posted by lucylawless
                                All this apples and oranges talk is appropriate because Eck is as nutty as a fruitcake.

Comment

Working...
                                X