No announcement yet.

Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll admit that I have very little sympathy for those who get a DUI. It's stupid to even put yourself in a situation like that. People should know better and know that they aren't only risking thier lives when they pull off something as stupid as that.

However, if someone is truely sorry for being a complete idiot and makes the proper changes to never do something so stupid again I'm OK with it. I'm all for second chances but I'm always a little iffy on someone who's had alcohol problems.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My issues with Sutton have more to do with his age, his recent health issues, and the fact that while I tend to like the guy and think he's an excellent coach, I've heard from multiple good sources that the cheating never stopped after Kentucky.

You guys going after ICTEck or whatever his name is are completely off-base. We're not discussing ICT for the most visible job at our university. It doesn't matter what vices he has. If Eddie Sutton is in fact a candidate, it is all relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by cincyshocker
        Originally posted by ICT316
        Originally posted by DUShock
        It is a simple fact. But I like RDR's question, which remains unanswered.
        I did answer the question. I said not everyone. I think that a 67 year old man who gets pulled for DUI, has some pretty deep issues.
        Be careful not to fall off your high horse there pal. I, for one, can't take you serious after your hard sell of Steve Eck.
        First of all, I'm not your pal.
        Second, I could care less whether you take me serious or not.
        And third, until you know the list of candidates your bashing of Eck is meaningless. Get ready for a rude awakening.
        He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
          Is anyone who has a DUI an alcoholic? What makes a 67 year old more likely to be an alcoholic than a twenty-something found in a similar situation?

Not anyone with a DUI, but Sutton is an admitted alcoholic. Just do a simple google search. It was believed that he had conquered his issues and was clean. That's why the recent news was so disturbing.

Comment

Listen MAN, ECK WILL NOT EVEN GET A PHONE CALL FOR THE JOB!!!!
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

And third, until you know the list of candidates your bashing of Eck is meaningless. Get ready for a rude awakening.
              By all means, enlighten us...

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                How do you know that Eck hasn't already received a call?

Comment

ok if you think that, then you very uneducated.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Because Jim Schaus is a sane man that would like to continue his budding career as an athletic director.

Comment

ok if you think that, then you very uneducated.
                      Uneducated? This coming from a guy that can't spell, can't form a sentence, and has a Chiefs avatar.

Comment

A chiefs avatar (and im a broncos fan) is still better than a steve eck avatar. I think thats saying something.

Comment

He may have gotten a phone call asking him not to call and express interest.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                            :lol:

Comment

Dude, the only one that wants Eck is you. Get over it, Schaus would be run out of town if he made that hire.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                                I'll agree to that one. I still can't believe anyone would think Eck to be a candidate for this job. JS would hire any one of the former assistants to be a coach before that guy. Eck has no coaching experience at the D1 head spot, and juco hardly counts for anything in the MVC.

Comment

Working...
                                X