No announcement yet.

Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't it be argued that anyone, Sutton or otherwise, would end up being a stop-gap? Sutton would likely retire after a hypothetical hire here. Anyone else, with a measure of success at WSU, would likely be bouncing to a bigger and better job. The fact that Turgeon stayed 7 years is a minor miracle, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      A chiefs avatar (and im a broncos fan) is still better than a steve eck avatar. I think thats saying something.
      :) :) :)

Broncos get 3 MNF games while the Chiefs get ZERO stand alone games.

Comment

Originally posted by longlimbs22
        Couldn't it be argued that anyone, Sutton or otherwise, would end up being a stop-gap? Sutton would likely retire after a hypothetical hire here. Anyone else, with a measure of success at WSU, would likely be bouncing to a bigger and better job. The fact that Turgeon stayed 7 years is a minor miracle, IMO.

Of course that's valid. The key difference of course is that the young aspiring coach would have more incentive to work their butt off to reach that next level than would a 68 year old guy that's already retired once. The endgame is the same for him either way - success or failure.

Comment

Originally posted by ICT316
          Originally posted by newshock1234
          Listen MAN, ECK WILL NOT EVEN GET A PHONE CALL FOR THE JOB!!!!
          How do you know that Eck hasn't already received a call?
          ok if you think that, then you very uneducated.
          Uneducated? This coming from a guy that can't spell, can't form a sentence, and has a Chiefs avatar.
          one question....does eck come anywhere close to the coach JS described that he is after?.....as far as avatars...yours is lovely .......
          lets keep on topic here....chiefs and donkey talk?
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
            Originally posted by t7017s
            A chiefs avatar (and im a broncos fan) is still better than a steve eck avatar. I think thats saying something.
            :) :) :)

Broncos get 3 MNF games while the Chiefs get ZERO stand alone games.
            yea and its BS, when the chiefs made the playoffs and the broncos didnt, but o well.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
              Uneducated? This coming from a guy that can't spell, can't form a sentence, and has a Chiefs avatar.
              one question....does eck come anywhere close to the coach JS described that he is after?.....as far as avatars...yours is lovely .......
              Proven Winner.
              He who laughs last; thinks the slowest.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
                yea at the high school level

Proven Winner.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

feel free

Comment

Don't lose focus, guys. This is about Sports Daily going out of there way to praise Sutton for the things they hammered Huggins about. ICT has some good points, in that those guys are really barking up a tree that I don't think even exists.

Comment

newshocker1234, it's obvious to me that you have no idea what the hell your talking about. He has won at the DIV 1 and DIV 2 Juco level. National Championship! A career record of 590-78.

Do some research. And don't argue facts that you know nothing about.

Comment

newshocker1234, it's obvious to me that you have no idea what the hell your talking about. He has won at the DIV 1 and DIV 2 Juco level. National Championship! A career record of 590-78.

Please enlighten us about those 16 D1 victories.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales

Please enlighten us about those 16 D1 victories.
                          Eck served as the Associate Head Coach at UMKC during the 1999-2000 season, where he helped revive the UMKC program. UMKC was 8-22 prior to Eck’s arrival, and during Eck’s season as Associate Head Coach, UMKC posted a 16-12 overall record, including a 10-6 mark in conference play.

When he left. they tanked again.

Comment

He also has a SLICK pocket protector..........

Comment

You realize that he wasn't the head coach though, right? He has less D1 wins than Tad Boyle.

Oh and UMKC has been roughly .500 since he left as an assistant. That's not a significant change from his one season there.

Comment

nm

Comment

Working...
                                X