No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most important (and impressive) thing I saw tonight . . . the pep band is 40-50% larger and louder!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      The most important (and impressive) thing I saw tonight . . . the pep band is 40-50% larger and louder!
      I hate to ruin the fun, but that's because there is no limit for shocker madness. It's sort of like how Peyton Allen got to play.

You just saw the whole band roster. There will still probably only be 30 at each game as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I hate to ruin the fun, but that's because there is no limit for shocker madness. It's sort of like how Peyton Allen got to play.

You just saw the whole band roster. There will still probably only be 30 at each game as usual.
        That's disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          Click on the link for a video of the "Off Wu's Head slamma jamma"

@wichita:State: This just happened. #ShockerMadness #WATCHUS https://t.co/59YAPCpKN7
          I don't know how high a guy would need to jump to cleanly clear Wu. The top of his head is as wide as a big man's shoulders, so I was surprised Hamilton didn't take his head clean off.

Comment

• I thought the band was kicking it. Loved the Herbie Hancock tune they covered.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              19-12, gold wins in 20 minutes of play. CF gave up 6 of those point on D for black. Hamilton is a fouling machine.
              Thanks for the constant back-handed comments about CF.

We're still 3 weeks before the regular season and 6 weeks before CF takes an official shot, and we have to put up with this bullshit already?

You and your dad need to get a life. Quickly.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                The most important (and impressive) thing I saw tonight . . . the pep band is 40-50% larger and louder!
                But was it both bands?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• My .02

The 4 guys in the 3 point competition, Baker, VanVleet, Allen and Frankamp were a combined 23-25 from the left wing. 60% overall was last place.

McDuffie's dunk was about 15 inches shy of what Jordan won the NBA dunk contest with....and he didn't make the finals. Think about that for a minute.

I don't know what to say about Hamilton's athleticism....The kid is huge. He's more athletic. Freak doesn't even begin to describe him. Other teams are going to see him warm up, soil themselves, and then their heads will explode when he doesn't play.

It's been mentioned, but Brown, VanVleet, Morris, Wamukota, Grady & Barney didn't play. That's an All American and 3 MORE LEGIT 1st team all conference quality players.

The 12 guys that did play would still win the Valley and go to the dance. Easily.

And before you get to thinking I'm gushing about the new guys....it's because Baker is a quantum leap better than you've ever seen him. He's left the bad man in the rearview mirror. He's a sic mofo. I'm really going to enjoy the NBA again next year.

TT2 has some work to do. First, there's nowhere to play. 2, power shakes. 3, see Sloan Baker for his shot. Redshirt my man. Learn from 2 of the greatest players in basketball history.

Don't know about Hamilton. Unreal ability. UNFREAKINGREAL. Long way to go between the ears.

Nurger is better. Hope our other posts aren't hurt bad. Don't see a lot of minutes here.

Baker is faster, stronger, bigger, shot is better, handles are better, fires perfect passes and gets every rebound. Also a defensive stopper.

Zach Bush and JR Simon are still livin' the dream....and what a flipping dream it is.

Frankamp can shoot....a lot better when you don't guard him. Well you probably figured that. First of all, you should know kids are tired of him lighting them up in practice and if you were paying attention, the D played against him was about 7 times more intense than anyone else saw. No doubt his size limits what he can do in some situations. But his handles are great, he's quick as hell and sees the floor as well as ANYONE. He tried to do too much tonight. I doubt that will be a long term problem. I'll say again for everyone, this kid will be a star, but he didn't star tonight, in a way for the same reason he didn't star at ku. Because everyone else is that effing good.

Rashard Kelly is a man. He's going to have a good year.

Peyton Allen is better than I thought. With a lot of hard work in the next year he might just earn a scholarship.

Wessel is Wessel. Better athlete than ever, above average shooter. Great defender. Winningest player of all time. You tell him he's not playing. I'm not going to.

McDuffie just needs to learn he doesn't have to win the game by himself. Lots of talent there....just let the game come to you young man. You're going to be great. Still believe he could help us late in the year IF he gets it.

Landry Shamet. lolz

Comment

• I'm rehashing but my thoughts are very similar to a lot of others.

I've been to at least 10 straight Shocker Madnesses. IMO this was the most attended one ever. They had to remove a few tarps up top to accommodate the overflow crowd. Quite impressive, especially for a weeknight at 6:00.

It was nice to see all the newbies. But I was a bit disappointed in not seeing FVV, ZB, Shaq, Bush, and especially Grady. I'm assuming most of them are for injuries that they probably acquired during a Marshall WWIII practice session?

CF could drain 3's in his sleep. His shot is pretty money. Actually all of the participants in the 3-point shooting contest were money. Shamet is gonna be a guy, that's for sure. He wasn't scoring during the scrimmage (neither was anybody outside of Baker), but he's definitely got "it". Kelly was impressive and looks to have improved greatly over the summer. McDuffie also has potential. For a bunch of freshman, I thought they looked pretty well-rounded, albeit a bit raw. Baker definitely could have put up 20 tonight but he's not a ball hog, point-grabber. He's so damn smooth. It's gonna be crazy not seeing him on the sidelines in about 6 months.

Overall, not a lot to take out of the scrimmage but it was fun to see basketball again. Can't wait for 2 weeks.

Oh and the emcee sucked horribly. We will shock you? Begging for everybody to come to their feet? It wasn't Greg Hitman bad, but it was bad. Less of that garbage please.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I thought the band was kicking it. Loved the Herbie Hancock tune they covered.
                      That's John Hancock.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Thanks for the constant back-handed comments about CF.

We're still 3 weeks before the regular season and 6 weeks before CF takes an official shot, and we have to put up with this bullshit already?

You and your dad need to get a life. Quickly.
                        The reviewers of Shocker Madness have been kind to Conner. If he wasn't Conner Frankamp, he'd be getting ripped (legitimately) for jacking up 3's that weren't that close to hitting.

I thought his PG play was decent, but the other aspects of his game were legitimate areas of criticism.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The reviewers of Shocker Madness have been kind to Conner. If he wasn't Conner Frankamp, he'd be getting ripped (legitimately) for jacking up 3's that weren't that close to hitting.

I thought his PG play was decent, but the other aspects of his game were legitimate areas of criticism.
                          Then you can criticize the whole damn team because that's what 90% of the scrimmage was involving 90% freshmen and newbs.

Given him and his dad's posting history, and the fact that he was obviously only picking out CF for all negativity, I think it's perfectly reasonable to point out how bad they want him to fail, even if he's in a freaking Wichita State uniform. And it has gotten way old already. Bagging on kids in a freaking intrasquad scrimmage after not playing in nearly 18 months? Get that sh*t outta here.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No doubt he tried to score too much and forced some play. He also tried to guard Baker some...yeah, well, nobody else on the planet can guard Baker either. Least of all someone Baker has at least 3 inches on.

His non-shooting PG play was excellent. His defense is below average right now, but getting better. His floor generalship is outstanding. His desire to score and shooting was bad, no doubt. See my comments about other guys not wanting to be lit up. And Baker was on the other team.

Comment

• I don't think SN is being kind on CF jacking up threes during the scrimmage because of his name.. I think SN is being kind on him jacking up threes during the scrimmage because he crushed the 3 point contest?...

Edit: it'd be phenomenal if I could stop screwing up quoting/replying people on my phone...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                I'm rehashing but my thoughts are very similar to a lot of others.

I've been to at least 10 straight Shocker Madnesses. IMO this was the most attended one ever. They had to remove a few tarps up top to accommodate the overflow crowd. Quite impressive, especially for a weeknight at 6:00.

It was nice to see all the newbies. But I was a bit disappointed in not seeing FVV, ZB, Shaq, Bush, and especially Grady. I'm assuming most of them are for injuries that they probably acquired during a Marshall WWIII practice session?

CF could drain 3's in his sleep. His shot is pretty money. Actually all of the participants in the 3-point shooting contest were money. Shamet is gonna be a guy, that's for sure. He wasn't scoring during the scrimmage (neither was anybody outside of Baker), but he's definitely got "it". Kelly was impressive and looks to have improved greatly over the summer. McDuffie also has potential. For a bunch of freshman, I thought they looked pretty well-rounded, albeit a bit raw. Baker definitely could have put up 20 tonight but he's not a ball hog, point-grabber. He's so damn smooth. It's gonna be crazy not seeing him on the sidelines in about 6 months.

Overall, not a lot to take out of the scrimmage but it was fun to see basketball again. Can't wait for 2 weeks.

Oh and the emcee sucked horribly. We will shock you? Begging for everybody to come to their feet? It wasn't Greg Hitman bad, but it was bad. Less of that garbage please.
                                I watched literally dozens if not hundreds walk away because finding an "easy" seat was all but impossible. One group of fans removed the seat covers on their own....I would say between 6-7k is a decent estimate. At least.

It's funny to read the different comments on the mike guy. Easy to tell ages I think. Frankly, I was within an eyelash of leaving, that's how annoying it was to me. I see the kids enough anyway, maybe it's just time I stop attending these things.

And yes, it was fun to see basketball again. I'm going to do my damnedest to enjoy the ride, but I have to tell you, it's tough, more than tough, to listen to Evan, Ron and Fred be introduced, knowing it's coming to an end. Damned tough. We'll never see this again.

Comment

Working...
                                X