No announcement yet.

The Northern Iowa Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember this game. I was in my grandpas basement watching the game with him, which i do love watching games with him, but couldnt understand why my cousin sold his truck, bought tickets to the game and didnt take me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
      I remember this game. I was in my grandpas basement watching the game with him, which i do love watching games with him, but couldnt understand why my cousin sold his truck, bought tickets to the game and didnt take me.
      I got you this year man lol

Comment

Well damn, I wanna join that family. LOL
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktop23 View Post
          If we were SWOMO it'd probably be because you slept with his sister.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
            Just watched Fred's ankle breaking crossover for the jumper early in the second half. I knew it was coming and I still jumped out of my seat! Dirty!

In a way it reminds me of the end of the movie "No Country for Old Men" when Chigurh is t-boned driving away from Carla Jean's mom's house. You know it's coming, you think you're ready for it, and you still nearly piss your pants when it happens.

Comment

After their game here at our 21st and Hillside Court Of Dreams, did one UNI (NIU) player look at the other as the bus was warming up for the long ride home and say "Was that Iowa?" The other player might have said "No, and it was sure Not Heaven.!!!"

As we watch the picture perfect pass from FVV followed by the amazing dunk by T.C., we think "there is more!!!" What happens when you build it and the Shocker fans come? "The Roof!!!!!!!"
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                In a way it reminds me of the end of the movie "No Country for Old Men" when Chigurh is t-boned driving away from Carla Jean's mom's house. You know it's coming, you think you're ready for it, and you still nearly piss your pants when it happens.
                That play was just filthy nasty. The defender not only broke his ankles but probably soiled himself.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Someone post a youtube of the ankle breaker. I remember it but I gotta see it again!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    After their game here at our 21st and Hillside Court Of Dreams, did one UNI (NIU) player look at the other as the bus was warming up for the long ride home and say "Was that Iowa?" The other player might have said "No, and it was sure Not Heaven.!!!"

As we watch the picture perfect pass from FVV followed by the amazing dunk by T.C., we think "there is more!!!" What happens when you build it and the Shocker fans come? "The Roof!!!!!!!"
                    I know the F4 run, the 34-1 season, the consecutive NCAA trips, and the conference titles have all released Shocker Nation from a lot of the shackles, real or perceived, that we carried through the years, but...

that dunk felt like the final exorcism, which was then completely sealed a few weeks later in beating KU.

I can hardly wait to see what is next!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Someone post a youtube of the ankle breaker. I remember it but I gotta see it again!
                      I think I coded it right to start at the right place. I'm looking to see if there is a higher quality clip somewhere.

Comment

Here is the spot with the replay:

Comment

More of the FVV crossover:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/28/wichita-states-fred-van-vleet-sinks-jumper-after-devastating-crossover/

Comment

An even better view of the ankle breaker, and in slow-mo...

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              An even better view of the ankle breaker, and in slow-mo...

https://vine.co/v/O2QxTWzTLZl
                              Which way did FVV go? This "between the legs" crossover even makes Tyrone Shoelace elated.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                Which way did FVV go? This "between the legs" crossover even makes Tyrone Shoelace elated.
                                As I said elsewhere, FVV is a freakin' Jedi...

Comment

Working...
                                X