The Northern Iowa Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Northern Iowa Game

This game popped up on my youtube recommended list and I decided to watch the last 6 or 7 minutes. Honestly, I forgot how magnificent this game was. The execution in the last 5 minutes of this game was incredible. It made me remember how much EW came up big in two of the biggest games we had last year. One to win a Valley Championship and one to go to the Sweet Sixteen. Anyway, just thought I would share a little hit of Shocker greatness for those of you going through withdrawal like me. Damn, it's a great time to be a Shocker fan. Every once in awhile this reality hits me.

β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

In the last few minutes, I watched Tekele's throwdown about ten times. A few observations:

-Even YouTube couldn't handle the magnitude. The first time watching it (this time...I have seen it 100 times since that cold day last winter), the video buffered as Tekele was in-air. I kid you not. It was like the system wasn't ready for the fury about to be released.

-Fred should be a football QB. Tekele broke deep and put his arm up about the time he reached halfcourt. Fred IMMEDIATELY saw him and made the perfect pass. Not too short that Tekele had to wait on it that much. Not too long so that Tekele would run out of room on his approach to the jam.

-Gregg cut out of the screen right as he was about to jump in the air. I would have like to have seen his jump.

-Watching the bench is pretty funny too.
    78-65

Comment

Well now I need to go home and watch this. It's all still a blur of emotion and energy with a few highlights that pop out in my memory.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Watching the bench is pretty funny too.
        Watching the bench is always funny to me. I seriously laugh almost every time something happens noteworthy. Perhaps my favorite is in the LaSalle game after Baker hits a 3 early in the 2nd half. Simply outstanding.

Comment

The final few minutes of the 1st half, the start of the 2nd half (especially Fred waving off everyone as he broke Bohannon's ankles) and the end of the game were beyond spectacular.

Comment

I had forgotten about Fred's head hitting the floor. Yikes, we dodged a bullet.
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Just watched, again, that last 7 minutes where we go from 4 up to winning by 14. I still get choked up watching Tekele coming off the floor, listening to what the announcers are saying, and Tekele interacting with his teammates and his coaches. Special, special young man and what a representative of Shocker Nation. We are blessed to have had him a part of our basketball program.

Comment

Has anyone been able to keep track of Tekele recently? I watched him in the summer league, but haven't heard anything since. Is he getting any tryouts? D-League? Looking at overseas? I just wonder where he's at and what he's got going on careerwise.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

In the last few minutes, I watched Tekele's throwdown about ten times. A few observations:

-Even YouTube couldn't handle the magnitude. The first time watching it (this time...I have seen it 100 times since that cold day last winter), the video buffered as Tekele was in-air. I kid you not. It was like the system wasn't ready for the fury about to be released.

-Fred should be a football QB. Tekele broke deep and put his arm up about the time he reached halfcourt. Fred IMMEDIATELY saw him and made the perfect pass. Not too short that Tekele had to wait on it that much. Not too long so that Tekele would run out of room on his approach to the jam.

-Gregg cut out of the screen right as he was about to jump in the air. I would have like to have seen his jump.

You mean this bench?

Attached Files
                  β€œThe rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

That is one of the best pics ever. Unbridled joy.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

My favorite cotton bench clearing moment came at Illinois St when he came down from the rafters to slam one home. If you watch the replay of it, you can see his superman cape coming untucked from under his jersey..... :O
                      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I remember that game, I sold my truck to take my bestfriend as a going away present, we were there at 5 in the morning and had second row seats. It was his first game and now he's reppin wsu in the navy down in south carolina. Best 700 dollars I've ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by sc12 View Post
                          I remember that game, I sold my truck to take my bestfriend as a going away present, we were there at 5 in the morning and had second row seats. It was his first game and now he's reppin wsu in the navy down in south carolina. Best 700 dollars I've ever spent.
                          I need new friends.

Comment

The second angle is behind the basket and you can see 3G jump.

Comment

Originally posted by sc12 View Post
                              Wow. If that's true, just wow. Dedication.

Also hope you have a vehicle now.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X