The Northern Iowa Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
    My favorite cotton bench clearing moment came at Illinois St when he came down from the rafters to slam one home. If you watch the replay of it, you can see his superman cape coming untucked from under his jersey..... :O
    The most hilarious part about what's going on around the bench is actually the look on the face of the guy right behind Darius.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
      The most hilarious part about what's going on around the bench is actually the look on the face of the guy right behind Darius.
      Most impressive.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
        And if you read Wiggins lips, he was saying the exact same thing as Mike Kennedy and Craig Steven..... :)
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Not a bad performance from a 7 seed....
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

us waiting to get back in after college gameday
            Attached Files

Comment

The truck, sold it for 2700 the day before the game
              Attached Files

Comment

The paper right after the game was over, lol trust me its true.
                Attached Files

Comment

And if somehow that still isnt enough proof, were right there
                  Attached Files

Comment

Watching it just now, I had forgotten how much FVV took the game over during the 2nd half run.

In consecutive possessions he directs traffic points Evan to a spot and hits him for a 3, comes off of a screen and hits a 3 himself, and throws a look-away one handed pass vs a double team for a DC layup.
                    The game was in the palm of his hand the whole time.

Comment

Anyone who has access, the game is in HD on watchESPN's archive. Quite a number of other games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                        http://youtu.be/7_vVyU4bz_o

The second angle is behind the basket and you can see 3G jump.
                        I never realized the true awesomeness of Fred's pass until I watched that. I had no idea he was down on the baseline throwing a 3/4 court pass. That's one of the best passes I've ever seen in a BB game.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
                          Watching it just now, I had forgotten how much FVV took the game over during the 2nd half run.

In consecutive possessions he directs traffic points Evan to a spot and hits him for a 3, comes off of a screen and hits a 3 himself, and throws a look-away one handed pass vs a double team for a DC layup.
                          The game was in the palm of his hand the whole time.
                          FVV is a Jedi.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It was indeed a great pass from Fred, Aargh, and it's one I hope NBA scouts see (along with no doubt a number of others) come draft time next year. One of the things I've always found impressive about NBA basketball is the great outlet passes. Wes Unseld and Bill Walton used to throw bombs like that routinely, and for FVV to hit those heights is an accomplishment. I'd like to see him show that touch several times a game, and I don't doubt for a moment that he can.

Comment

Just watched Fred's ankle breaking crossover for the jumper early in the second half. I knew it was coming and I still jumped out of my seat! Dirty!
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                                Just watched Fred's ankle breaking crossover for the jumper early in the second half. I knew it was coming and I still jumped out of my seat! Dirty!
                                I love how the crowd goes "OOOOH"

Comment

Working...
                                X