Shocker Memorabilia Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I have a promotional products company, and this is absolutely true. I could get yellow cups with black print, black cups with yellow print, white cups with yellow and black print, etc. The trouble comes with licensing. Number 1, I think (but haven't looked into it at all) that seller must be licensed to sell the items, but doesn't the manufacturer have to be licensed as well? Number 2, I don't know enough about it, other than it has to be done. Number 3, I know a lot of people sell unlicensed products, but I won't be one of them. Number 4, if what I've heard about the cost for licensing, I'd have to be selling a lot more than a few plastic cups to make it worthwhile.
    Contact your current manufacturer and confirm they will manufacture for you under your license; WSU should be open to granting you a license for mutually agreed items (cups or whatever). Your license with WSU should include your right to sub-license for manufacturing and the royalty you pay the university should not be onerous.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      I have a promotional products company, and this is absolutely true. I could get yellow cups with black print, black cups with yellow print, white cups with yellow and black print, etc. The trouble comes with licensing. Number 1, I think (but haven't looked into it at all) that seller must be licensed to sell the items, but doesn't the manufacturer have to be licensed as well? Number 2, I don't know enough about it, other than it has to be done. Number 3, I know a lot of people sell unlicensed products, but I won't be one of them. Number 4, if what I've heard about the cost for licensing, I'd have to be selling a lot more than a few plastic cups to make it worthwhile.
      The product has to be licensed, not the manufacturer or the seller. I used to be in the business as well.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
        I agree. Doesn't matter what event I go to if they have a souvenir cup I buy it. I've got quite the collection of them. Even a couple sCUm ones. But the only major sporting event I've been to that doesn't have them is WSU games. Someone get WSU to start offering them. I would think the extra price charged for them would pay off.
        I agree also. I used to buy a few drinks every year at WSU baseball games and WSU basketball games (and football games back when we had football) just to get the souvenir cups. Since they don't have the souvenir cups any more, I never buy pop at a Shocker game (way overpriced for just pop). And I still use a souvenir Alabama cup I bought at the 1997 baseball regional at Tuscaloosa.

Comment

Lets see if I can post a pic.
          Attached Files
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Alright bros, let me say that before I post this I am not getting one cent of endorsement money nor a discount, but Dock 410 on Commerce Street by the arena is one of the best kept secrets around for Shocker stuff, specifically clocks and 1,000s and 1,000s of Shocker Photos. I have at least five photos from there and if you can't find something you want in their showroom, Mark or Taylor, the owners, will let you look through digital pictures until you find the one you like. I have Cle's dunk over WCS, FVV shooting a layup against the Chickenhawks, Tekele's last dunk at Koch, and 3G actually smiling on the sideline during a game. Mark basically has the run of the sideline but he is ultra kind to donate his photos back to the university for fund raisers.

I think @kai: may even hit them up for a small sponsorship of this forum soon.

Take my word for it, go check them out and tell em' Joe sent ya. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Many of the photos in my man cave came from Mark and dock 410 ,,, definitely recommend them
              From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

I am getting rid of the lantern I have pictured in my above post. Would like it to go to a shocker fan. Three hundred is the magic number.
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Alright bros, let me say that before I post this I am not getting one cent of endorsement money nor a discount, but Dock 410 on Commerce Street by the arena is one of the best kept secrets around for Shocker stuff, specifically clocks and 1,000s and 1,000s of Shocker Photos. I have at least five photos from there and if you can't find something you want in their showroom, Mark or Taylor, the owners, will let you look through digital pictures until you find the one you like. I have Cle's dunk over WCS, FVV shooting a layup against the Chickenhawks, Tekele's last dunk at Koch, and 3G actually smiling on the sideline during a game. Mark basically has the run of the sideline but he is ultra kind to donate his photos back to the university for fund raisers.

I think @kai may even hit them up for a small sponsorship of this forum soon.

Take my word for it, go check them out and tell em' Joe sent ya. You will not be disappointed.
                  I wish to echo all of the above.

I visited Dock 410 today and it knocked my socks off. It has thousands of photos of Shocker and WSU related activity.

The store is owned by Mr. and Ms. Mark Wilkes. Mark and his son attend every Shocker game. On average, he takes about 1,000 photos at every game.

In addition to Shocker memorabilia, the Wilkes offer a wide variety of furniture and accessories for the home as well as art pieces.

It is an extra fun store to visit. It is not a dash in and dash out store. Take your time and enjoy the experience.

Dock 410
                  410 Commerce Street
                  Wichita, KS 67202
                  Dock410@sbcglobal.net
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I hope this works, I really have no clue what I'm doing. My aunt brought this cooler to transport some beverages to a trade show I was doing, and I told her I'd never seen one of these before. I figured this was a good place to post it. I'm sure there were a bunch of these around, but this is in real good shape.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                      I hope this works, I really have no clue what I'm doing. My aunt brought this cooler to transport some beverages to a trade show I was doing, and I told her I'd never seen one of these before. I figured this was a good place to post it. I'm sure there were a bunch of these around, but this is in real good shape.
                      I wasn't around here for that, but that is an AWESOME find!!!
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Are you wanting to part with it? If so, how much?
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I wish I still had mine....I used that thing to it's literal death.

Comment

I remember that cooler! My parents still have one in their garage. Thanks for the blast from the past :good:
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I've had one since 1989. :)
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I will trade you a Benjamin for that!

Comment

Working...
                                X