Shocker Memorabilia Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Memorabilia Marketplace

Question for fellow Shocker nutjob fans. I have a fair amount of duplicate Shocker memorabilia that I really am willing to offload cheap to people wanting to add to or start their collection.

I'm not interested in putting the stuff on Craigslist or Ebay. I'm lazy and it would piss me off to see it selling for six times what I sold it for.

I also have a decent amount of pretty vintage Royals stuff as well.

Could we have a Marketplace forum without it being overrun by spammers and dealers-limit it to Shocker or other local team swag for sale?

Really want to hear input from the intelligent masses.

This is a fantastic idea.

I wonder if it's possible to require a minimum number of posts (say, 20?) to be able to post in a sub-forum? That might head off a lot of the spammers and scammers.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      This is a fantastic idea.

I wonder if it's possible to require a minimum number of posts (say, 20?) to be able to post in a sub-forum? That might head off a lot of the spammers and scammers.
      Make it even tougher. A minimum number of 20 likes and thanks of Dave Stalwart's posts. It could take months of frequenting the board before someone could possibly accumulate an honest total of 20. It's fool proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Make it even tougher. A minimum number of 20 likes and thanks of Dave Stalwart's posts. It could take months of frequenting the board before someone could possibly accumulate an honest total of 20. It's fool proof.
        I would like this post if I wasn't on mobile.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Some of us fans are unwilling to submit our observations to the irrational & irreverent rants of some fellow fans but may very well want participate. It isn't that we have thin skin but we don't have experience in the either the required level of incivility and logical leaps nor the requisite rose tinted opaque eyeware.

My wife and I are both raised in Wichita with 3 WSU degrees between us but have not lived in Wichita for 35 years. We have been to one Arch Madness & a couple of games here in the southeast but for the most part we are limited to what we can pickup on the internet (radio or tv). We had season tickets before we left (late 70s)
          Last edited by atlwsu; August 2, 2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I think a verification pm would be needed.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I
              Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Question for fellow Shocker nutjob fans. I have a fair amount of duplicate Shocker memorabilia that I really am willing to offload cheap to people wanting to add to or start their collection.

I'm not interested in putting the stuff on Craigslist or Ebay. I'm lazy and it would piss me off to see it selling for six times what I sold it for.

Could we have a Marketplace forum without it being overrun by spammers and dealers-limit it to Shocker or other local team swag for sale?

I would be interested in your extra Gene Stephenson Bobble Head Dolls.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

You must be confusing me with @pogo:

Speaking of bobble heads isn't it time for a Mike Kennedy bobble head night at the Chuck?
                Last edited by shoxlax; August 2, 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Maybe we just have a thread dedicated to Swag-sell,donate or trade and just post in it when we have something to push out there.

Then we might fly under the radar of spammers and dealers.

Comment

We should come up with a code name that search engines won't hit on. Like Lynn's Closet or something.

Comment

If you are looking for intelligent masses this is the wrong place. Plus that statement is an oxymoron. And why would you think I would have a GS bobblehead doll. I do know that JJ does have a doll collection but its not bobble head dolls.

Comment

You must be confusing me with @pogo:

Speaking of bobble heads isn't it time for a Mike Kennedy bobble head night at the Chuck?
                        I do like the idea of a Mike Kennedy bobble head night though.

Comment

If it would be beneficial, I could always rename the Ticket Exchange forum to something like Ticket/Memorbilia Exchange.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I sold my girl's cheerleader outfits a while back on Craigslist and thought it would have been nice to put them up on here if a Shockernetter could use them. So I think its a good idea. I'm only on car forums other than this and I think they all require 20 posts to post in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              I do like the idea of a Mike Kennedy bobble head night though.
                              With a button to press to hear various moments of glory in Shocker history!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X