Bronze Medal Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proshox View Post
    I get not liking the way a guy plays, but some of these post make it seem like BB killed somebody's mother.

Good, if not great tournament by Baker. A different system and he could have been a superstar in all five games.
    Nah...nothing quite that severe. He just cost the USA any chance they had for a gold medal and refused to pass the ball to Ron.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Yes, people need to back off Bobby Brown. It's just basketball, he represented our country and helped us bring home a bronze.

Mark Few finally got to be on the right side of Ron's winning ways.

Comment

I don't think anyone has said anything about Bobby Brown that wasn't deserved. He's a punk (proven by his behavior) and a joke of a PG (proven by his play) who cost the USA a gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          I don't think anyone has said anything about Bobby Brown that wasn't deserved. He's a punk (proven by his behavior) and a joke of a PG (proven by his play) who cost the USA a gold medal.
          You must have been watching a different semifinal game than I was. He had 25 points, 7 assists, and 0 turnovers in 36 minutes against Canada. I wouldn't say he cost the U.S. a gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            You must have been watching a different semifinal game than I was. He had 25 points, 7 assists, and 0 turnovers in 36 minutes against Canada. I wouldn't say he cost the U.S. a gold medal.
            Meh. He also took the most shots while shooting one of the lowest percentages, and played 36 minutes "anchoring" a defense that gave up 97 points in 40 minutes of regulation and 14 points in 5 minutes of overtime.

DJ Balentine reminds everyone that there really isn't more to basketball than scoring average.

Comment

25 points on 20 shots isn't good.

Comment

Few about baker

“It was not looking good. We waited until our backs were firmly pinned against the proverbial wall, and then we responded,” said USA and Gonzaga University head coach Mark Few. “Through that whole time, though, Ron Baker was just playing his tail off, and I think that kind of kept us alive.

Comment

As has been pointed out, he took a LOT of shots. In the Canada game he took 31.3% of the Teams shots and scored 23.1% of the Teams points.

Anytime your % of Shots exceed your % of points you are a liability to the team, not an asset.

Comment

Edit: On the pass that Baker made to Trimble at the 1:51 mark of the 2nd quarter that ended up being a turnover, they actually gave the turnover to Trimble.
                    Hey ... I was right about something. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      I get not liking the way a guy plays, but some of these post make it seem like BB killed somebody's mother.
                      I guess you must be late to the party and/or didn't watch any games. Bobby flat out ignored Baker throughout 95% of the tournament. Ron didn't exist according to him.

If you liked watching selfish one-on-one streetball that represented your country, then by all means, continue to post in this thread.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                        Yes, people need to back off Bobby Brown. It's just basketball, he represented our country and helped us bring home a bronze.
                        You're an ignoramus.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          You obviously watched the scorebook more than the television set.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 2015-07-09 18.37.34.jpg‎ (90.5 KB, 237 views)

Watched all 5 games with my son. Slightly different perspective here than a lot of other posters on here. First of all my hat is off to Fred and how he handled the situation of not making the final cut and his nothing but positive comments supporting Ron and Team USA. Contrast that with many of the derogatory comments towards coaches and others on this board. Fred is a great example of the right way to act and someone I am proud to have my son look up to. With regards to the coaches I have no doubt in hindsight they wish they would have made different choices on the last couple roster spots, however I don't believe they intentially did anything that they thought would harm the teams chances in Toronto. As Shocker fans I understand we may all think it is obvious what the decision should have been, but let's treat them in the same classy way Fred and Ron have handled their situations, and they are the ones in the first person. The coaches all want to win as well. You don't think they would have liked to have Nigel Hayes available to guard Nicholsan (SP?) in yesterday's game. It wasn't only Fred that got cut that would have helped this team.

Now with regards to Ron, what a great 5 games and an example of the right way to play basketball. No sulking or even the hint of it when he didn't get the ball when he was open. Led the team in steals and didn't see the final stats, but I believe also had the fewest turnovers of any player. Again the things you can point out to young players about how to go about your business on the court. He did all the little things that sometimes even the announcers didn't mention, but I'm sure his coaches noticed and it is why he played more minutes than any other college player. Couldn't be prouder of two great SHOCKERS and the great example they set for my son and all the other young players that follow them. Everybody should focus on the positives and forget about Bobby Brown or the coaches.

I'm not on Twitter, but if anyone wants to link my photos so Ron and Fred can see you have permission. Now off to Las Vegas in the morning to rap up the summer basketball season:bball_spin:.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              You're an ignoramus.
                              Very funny, since most of your posts indicate you have an IQ much lower than the average. I am not trying to start a personal vendetta with you. Lets just leave it be. I hate how this board gets so involved in personal bickering. This will be by last post on this subject.

But that aside, Bobby Brown volunteered to play and helped us get only our 2nd medal in the history of the Pan Am games. There is absolutely no reason for members here to be trashing him on his twitter, etc. It is just asinine. Leave the guy alone. I'm not saying I enjoyed how he played, but still he was a volunteer, and even if he wasn't, there is no reason for anyone to berate him publicly on his twitter or something to that respect. Make all the comments you want on this board, but anything more directly communicative to him is way to over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                                Very funny, since most of your posts indicate you have an IQ much lower than the average. I am not trying to start a personal vendetta with you. Lets just leave it be. I hate how this board gets so involved in personal bickering. This will be by last post on this subject.

But that aside, Bobby Brown volunteered to play and helped us get only our 2nd medal in the history of the Pan Am games. There is absolutely no reason for members here to be trashing him on his twitter, etc. It is just asinine. Leave the guy alone. I'm not saying I enjoyed how he played, but still he was a volunteer, and even if he wasn't, there is no reason for anyone to berate him publicly on his twitter or something to that respect. Make all the comments you want on this board, but anything more directly communicative to him is way to over the top.
                                I agree with what you said about realizing it's a volunteer and taking it too serious. Fact check though we have medaled 14 times. In the last twenty years we have struggled. But panam has been around for seventy years

Comment

Working...
                                X