Game Thread: Ron Baker (USA) vs Venezuela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Turg looks like a fool now; picking his boy over Fred.

Yet one more action, to tarnish his WSU legacy.
    I agree, although if I understand correctly, Few had final say. Therefore, they both look like fools and have both earned the distinguished honor of coaches I have zero respect for.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I see a lot of similarities between Ron and Kirk Hinrich. Don't shoot me.

Comment

• We've never looked that hard at Baker's D. Cotton got a lot of deserved run on D. FVV's D is awesome.

Baker flat out shut down the guy who had been instrumental in Venezuela building their half-time lead. I thought Baker was easily the best, if not the only, USA player on D.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• When's the next game?
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            When's the next game?
            Tonight at 8pm.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
              I see a lot of similarities between Ron and Kirk Hinrich. Don't shoot me.
              Ron is more athletic and has better ability to create his own shot. Hinrich is a better passer. Spot up abilities are comparable, probably a slight edge to Hinrich.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                Ron is more athletic and has better ability to create his own shot. Hinrich is a better passer. Spot up abilities are comparable, probably a slight edge to Hinrich.
                Kirk played for the actual Olympic team and has been in the NBA for like 13 years. Lol I think you're underestimating his athleticness. Kirk shot over 40% from 3 point land 3 times and over 50% once. I think Kirk has more than a slight edge on spot up shooting lol.

They both have very good all around games. Smooth silly shot, play hard nosed D, and they both are combo guards.

Comment

• fvv would have had something like three steals vs. venezuela.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                    Kirk played for the actual Olympic team and has been in the NBA for like 13 years. Lol I think you're underestimating his athleticness. Kirk shot over 40% from 3 point land 3 times and over 50% once. I think Kirk has more than a slight edge on spot up shooting lol.

They both have very good all around games. Smooth silly shot, play hard nosed D, and they both are combo guards.

Ron needs to keep working on his ball handling. He creates the majority of his scoring opportunities via reading defenses/hustle/smarts (off ball). Being able to hit a 15-20 ft shot off the dribble is paramount for him to reach the next level.

Comment

• I just read this this thread from page 1 to page 10 in a span of 30 minutes. Thanks guys for the laughs..

Comment

• Here are the stats for Team USA. The "FD" on the right-hand column is "Fouls Drawn." I had to look that up.
                        Since the play-by-play did not include substitution times, I cannot do the +/-.

Min Pt FG fg% 2FG 2fg% 3FG 3fg% FT ft% OR DR TR A TO ST Bl PF FD
                        12:54 5 2/5 40 2/4 50 0/1 0 1/2 50 1 3 3 1
                        20:25 3 1/2 50 1/2 50 3 3 4 1 2
                        26:34 12 4/12 33 3/7 43 1/5 20 3/3 100 2 2 1 2 6
                        22:35 7 3/4 75 2/3 67 1/1 100 1 1
                        9:41 2 1/2 50 1/1 100 0/1 0 1 1 1 1
                        3:40 0/2 0 0/1 0 0/1 0 1 1 2
                        19:07 16 6/10 60 5/9 56 1/1 100 3/3 100 1 5 6 1 1 2 2 1
                        26:40 21 6/10 60 5/9 56 1/1 100 8/13 62 7 3 10 1 2 2 8
                        23:31 8 3/5 60 3/5 60 2/2 100 4 9 13 2 2 1
                        24:28 7 2/9 22 2/5 40 0/4 0 3/4 75 7 7 1 3 3
                        10:25 4 0/1 0 0/1 0 4/4 100 1 1 2 2
                        Team/Coach 2 4 6 2
                        Total 85 28/62 45 23/45 51 5/17 29 24/31 77 15 33 48 5 15 3 4 20 25
                        Last edited by im4wsu; July 22, 2015, 11:51 AM.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                          I just read this this thread from page 1 to page 10 in a span of 30 minutes. Thanks guys for the laughs..
                          Just did the same; another Shockernet 'HOF' classic!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Here are the stats for Team USA. The "FD" on the right-hand column is "Fouls Drawn." I had to look that up.
                            Since the play-by-play did not include substitution times, I cannot do the +/-.
                            The column descriptions didn't get posted. Can you edit that and add the column descriptions at the top?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Ron isn't getting the ball because he has had the benefit of having FVV dish him the ball at extremely tight angles. Trimble won't feed the rock to Baker on those tight angles, because when he tries it he gets picked off. Trimble is thinking about Baker, "Get open dude!" While Baker is thinking, "Geez, dude, I've got my man beat and I'm wide open -- GIMME THE BALL before he closes me down!"

The point is, comparing Trimble to FVV isn't fair. One is mortal.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Hopefully this is "work in progress" - this game was brutal to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X