10 coaches who will get interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheYeti
    That little Notre Dame/Okie State credit card stealing sumbitch needs on the list too.
    I just assumed that he was on a list all his own
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
      could that be because our fine donors have effectively put him out of the price range of most prospective employers?
      Not really. He has never had a high buyout. His buyout at one point was around ~$500,000 that reduced with each year he served in his contract. But I agree with you the reality is his contract is probably much more effective than a buyout clause - but the programs he would be interested in won't have any problems paying him if they come calling.

On an annoying item - the state has moved the state school athletic coaches contracts to being non-discoverable under FOIA and now longer list them in Kansas open government (or other site like kansas.com). Talk about about being "open".

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Marshall would be a hot prospect...

...to any of the 7 or 8 programs out there paying more than he already makes at WSU.

What that means is that Marshall is a top candidate mostly for a handful of programs that might be losing a coach to the NBA, or a HOF-er to retirement. Not much else, save Indiana. And even at that, it will require an athletic director and booster base that can see through Marshall's PR prickliness, which is to say that factor probably kills off a reasonable number of those potential suitors. You'll only need one hand to count them all, let's just put it that way.

Next year during the coaching carousel there will be a lot of fan forum posters across the land heartbroken whenever the first of their brood does an internet search for "leading candidate" Gregg Marshall's current compensation package, and delivers that news to their masses. Just ask Iowa State fans.
        Hello everyone,

I am a 26 year old graduate of Indiana University from the suburbs of Detroit. I play poker, report and leak tech news, and invest in real estate.

I really like Marshall because I think he’s a heck of a coach, tough defense solves a lot of problems, and while he might not be the best salesmen/recruiter I simply refuse to believe that a good coach at a place like IU who is having success and winning games will have any trouble finding good players who fit his system that he can win at a high level with.

I don’t think there is any doubt IU could upgrade the head coaching position without taking undue risk, but do they have the right leadership in place to appropriately weigh the options? I don’t know…

Attached Files
        Last edited by Bentley; July 18, 2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

No reason to fuss about ******* any more than ever -- he's just an outsider who needs something to write about at this time of year, and doesn't have any reason to know fully the connection between the Marshalls (note that I wrote "the Marshalls," plural) and Wichita.

Remember, Lynn has even said that 3G has a bit of coaching wanderlust in him, despite the relative stability in his career so far. But it's not overwhelming, and he has the benefit of John Kresse, an older and wiser man and mentor to settle him down -- and then most of all Lynn, the anchor who keeps him in place, with the kids playing a role as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
            Hello everyone,

I am a 26 year old graduate of Indiana University from the suburbs of Detroit. I play poker, report and leak tech news, and invest in real estate.

I really like Marshall because I think he’s a heck of a coach, tough defense solves a lot of problems, and while he might not be the best salesmen/recruiter I simply refuse to believe that a good coach at a place like IU who is having success and winning games will have any trouble finding good players who fit his system that he can win at a high level with.

I don’t think there is any doubt IU could upgrade the head coaching position without taking undue risk, but do they have the right leadership in place to appropriately weigh the options? I don’t know…

That may be, nay, that IS without question THE best attachment a visiting poster has ever attached. Perfect in every way. Well done sir!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
              Top ten "journalists" whose articles will get no interest:
              1. Gottleib
              FIFY

Comment

I think Marshall being #1 on this list is about the same as Nick Saban being #1 on WSU's list of coaches to restart the Shocker football team.

Sexton. Hey Coach Saban, I'm Eric Sexton the AD at Wichita State and we're thinking of restarting our football program and would love for you to be our coach.

Sexton. HELLO, HELLO. Is any body there? Hello.

Damn, he just started laughing and hung up on me. Well time to go to #2 on our list. Coach Urban Meyer, Do you think he would be interested?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  I think Marshall being #1 on this list is about the same as Nick Saban being #1 on WSU's list of coaches to restart the Shocker football team.

Sexton. Hey Coach Saban, I'm Eric Sexton the AD at Wichita State and we're thinking of restarting our football program and would love for you to be our coach.

Sexton. HELLO, HELLO. Is any body there? Hello.

Damn, he just started laughing and hung up on me. Well time to go to #2 on our list. Coach Urban Meyer, Do you think he would be interested?
                  Well kind of. It's more like top ten coaches not in the P5. Because no one could be happy, successful or make top ten money not in the P5.

Comment

Gregg is only 2 wins away from 400

Comment

Working...
                    X